Co worker issue

LOL! Until I reached your last line, I was thinking that although that sounds reasonable and constructive, this guy doesn't come off as someone who would be receptive to any such advice. If anything it's more likely to fuel his resentment even further.

Beefy, you're not responsible for this guy; he's an adult and has to face the consequences of his own actions and inactions. I've seen this when students are required to work on a project in teams; invariably the better, harder workers end up both doing most or all of the work and refusing to work with the slackers again. This guy's ineptitude is surely apparent.

My main point with this post is that until you give the person the opportunity to learn your point of view in life you cant blame them for being too selfish, stupid or whatever to get it.

Once they have had access to the ideas and refuse them then its please meet the wheels of the bus time.

You could sugest to him ways to make the lines function and look better. Share tips with him about how the make the work go faster.

Maybe he will get why you are deemed a more valuble employee due to your ideas on making the job an art.

Talk about how you always try to do any job you have ever done as best as you possibly can. Tell him how you like to leave each day knowing you performed to your top level.

He sounds like a slacker and sometimes a slacker needs to hear how non slackers think.

He may never get it but at least he can contrast how you two think differently and how that impacts the company.

Then throw him under the bus.

I know what you meant here but the contrast is priceless anyway. A+. I think I love you now.

You know what I hate about you dumbass teachers?

You design classes that are utterly pointless, and assign half the credit in the entire class to pointless tasks so that idiots can pass, and smart people who are annoyed by them and don't feel like doing pointless tasks but pass every test with a 100 are punished. You promote idiocy.

K watermark just described all of high school for me. I remember these kids forming study groups and busting their ass and getting B's.. when I wouldn't do anything and get B's and A's. and I was like .. "shit, if I worked as hard as these retards I would be pwning my entire high school.

K watermark just described all of high school for me. I remember these kids forming study groups and busting their ass and getting B's.. when I wouldn't do anything and get B's and A's. and I was like .. "shit, if I worked as hard as these retards I would be pwning my entire high school.

I think the thing that probably annoys me most is when they try to grade homework. Homework is for STUDYING. Why the hell would you assign a grade to it? If I can pass without studying that's my goddamn business.

wait until college water .

They dont give a rats ass if you do or dont do any assignments.

Call them whatever you want, they tell you whats required and when the tests are and then grade you on your performance.

Either do them or not they dont care.

Call them whatever you want, they tell you whats required and when the tests are and then grade you on your performance.

I AM IN COLLEGE

I AM IN COLLEGE
From my point of view. Why grade homework? It's extra work! But in reality, if there are few exams to use to grade, then an unfortunate soul can get a lousy grade for the entire semester by having a single bad exam. By chunking down to smaller pieces (homework for example), it gives the professor more oppoptunity to see if you can do the work. I collected homework for grading AND made sure it was returned the next class session.

I was never given any homework in college.

I was given assignments to finish by a certain date but I never heard anyone call it "homework".

Thats one of the reasons I like the way we pay our field crews and subcontractors. We pay them production.

So much per foot (depending on the type of work). Hustle and you can make some very good money. Slack off too much and you can starve.

this is what a thrive on. Which is why I've done so good in college compared to high school probably lol. Just give me a few tests that's all I need, i'll brute force study what I don't know.

Thats one of the reasons I like the way we pay our field crews and subcontractors. We pay them production.

So much per foot (depending on the type of work). Hustle and you can make some very good money. Slack off too much and you can starve.

You can pay subs like that. In fact that's why we were assigned to lay this conduit. 300' of 3/4, and 450' of 1/2. And mind you the 4' pipe that confounded Al was 1/2". That shit is like a wet noodle, its easy. But the electricians wanted too much money, so they put me in there with him.

And US, come on, I didn't really see a ghost in the door. Why you throwin' me under the bus like that?

Beefy if you want to be all ethical about it you can pull that guy into your boss's office and state your concerns with him there.

You get the same thing across, without coming across as a spineless behind the back tattle bitch. You are giving the other guy a chance to defend himself. (which even the other guy may appreciate on some level) It also makes it look like you are taking the issue seriously and not just trying to curry favor. It makes you look more like a team player. And the best part is, the boss in the end will probably believe you anyway. It's win win lose. (lose for the other guy :) )

Beefy if you want to be all ethical about it you can pull that guy into your boss's office and state your concerns with him there.

You get the same thing across, without coming across as a spineless behind the back tattle bitch. You are giving the other guy a chance to defend himself. (which even the other guy may appreciate on some level) It also makes it look like you are taking the issue seriously and not just trying to curry favor. It makes you look more like a team player. And the best part is, the boss in the end will probably believe you anyway. It's win win lose. (lose for the other guy :) )

My bosses already know. Al has said to me several times "Larry's on yo DICK!" which is black guy for "Larry likes you". Larry's brought it up to Al that I'm moving up and he should try to do the same, but Al sees that as an assault.

I'm just going to keep doing what I do, and when asked, I'll be honest. I'm sure I'll do fine.

From my point of view. Why grade homework? It's extra work! But in reality, if there are few exams to use to grade, then an unfortunate soul can get a lousy grade for the entire semester by having a single bad exam. By chunking down to smaller pieces (homework for example), it gives the professor more oppoptunity to see if you can do the work. I collected homework for grading AND made sure it was returned the next class session.

Most of my professors have a drop grade where the worst exam is dropped. It is just as easy to get a lousy grade for the entire semester for not doing homework as it is for not studying for a single test. IMHO, you are just picking an unfairness to favor.

this is what a thrive on. Which is why I've done so good in college compared to high school probably lol. Just give me a few tests that's all I need, i'll brute force study what I don't know.

To be fair it isn't nearly as bad as in high school.

I have gone from a B to an A GPA in transition from high school to junior college.

You can pay subs like that. In fact that's why we were assigned to lay this conduit. 300' of 3/4, and 450' of 1/2. And mind you the 4' pipe that confounded Al was 1/2". That shit is like a wet noodle, its easy. But the electricians wanted too much money, so they put me in there with him.

And US, come on, I didn't really see a ghost in the door. Why you throwin' me under the bus like that?

No pickin on ya beefy. I remember something about a haunted touchplate lock and ferrite cores....

No pickin on ya beefy. I remember something about a haunted touchplate lock and ferrite cores....

Dude, context man, context. The door is not responding to the proper stimuli. Ferrite beads be damned. It was a metaphor, the door is possessed.

LOL anyway though. I think I'm finally starting to get you.

Dude, context man, context. The door is not responding to the proper stimuli. Ferrite beads be damned. It was a metaphor, the door is possessed.

LOL anyway though. I think I'm finally starting to get you.

did you ever solve the lock mystery ?

yeah you are gettin to me bad.

Back