Co worker issue

Yeah, but we both know you don't care. It's funny how lefties always claim to be for the little guy as whenever I've mentioned a shit job I worked at, Liberals immediately chime in with derisive comments about it.

derisive?

i just curious if you'd encountered similar conflict at McDonalds and if so was interested in hearing the resolution to said conflict.

The only conflict I've ever encountered at McDonalds is the employees doing battle with the contemptable shake machine.

Oh, yeah, and my best friend's dad is a jerk and routinely yells at the employees and management.

Yeah, but we both know you don't care. It's funny how lefties always claim to be for the little guy as whenever I've mentioned a shit job I worked at, Liberals immediately chime in with derisive comments about it.

Aww Dixie we support you. We just think you should have stayed at mickyD's and not hit the Peter Principle.

Matty,

I've had a similar case with employees who sucked in different ways, but as a person more than capable of being a big asshole I have no trouble at all getting in their face and telling them specifically what they are doing wrong, even if it's a big list. Sometimes I've even thrown in what other people think of them (as usually when they are lazy/incompetent you aren't the only one to notice), this makes it very uncomfortable and forces them to realize they are the weak link. Other people usually thank you later and give you the speech about how they always wanted to say that.
Every single time, there was a complete turnaround, it's almost an instinct in people not to be worst as bad things happen, especially publicly.

Another trick is to save how and when they fucked up for when the boss is around BUT you pretend you didn't notice the boss was around. This is a great way of getting attention to his problems without looking like a tattletale. The boss just "happens" to overhear the fuckup and good things can only happen from there, as he gets accountability and you don't end up looking like someone who tried to get him in shit, you just look like someone who isn't very observative of what he says which further makes him worry about future fuckups.

You can do this with email too. Send an email to buddy about his fuckup, and then CC the boss while asking the boss some question not pertaining or slightly pertaining to the fuckup. Again this alerts the boss while only looking like your trying to kill 2 birds with one email and didn't think to send them seperate.

Its been done. Yesterday at 6:30 (our shift ends at 8:30) Al goes "I'm burnt. I think I'll just have some coffe and call it a day". His insinuation was that he was going to do it on the clock, and that was that. So I said "That's cool, if you don't need the hours head out. I'm going to stick around. I don't want to be on this shift longer than I have to."

Then he brought up some shit about how we had a couple of beers at lunch once while working on a security camera job and how times have changed. His exact words "You're willing to get drunk at lunch but not take a couple hours off?" It was a gotcha moment for him, except for the fact that I didn't get drunk, and it was no big deal.

So after our shift, we get called into the managers office, one at a time. Al goes first and comes out all pissed. Then I go in and the manager goes "You're doing a great job. We want to keep you around, we want to keep you happy, here's a new car and a gas card. "

So Al's response today at work? "They get what they pay for. I ain't gonna work for shit if they're gonna pass me up like that."

He fucking doesn't get it. I might be on this night shift twice as long as I should because now, I'm basically working alone.

Dude, he sounds like big time trouble!!! That gotcha moment is not cool. I hope you don't consider him a friend.

Dude, he sounds like big time trouble!!! That gotcha moment is not cool. I hope you don't consider him a friend.

I'm not worried about it. His opinion is not respected at all. I stopped considering him a friend at that moment. He's going to get shitcanned anyhow. I think they're trying to drive him to quit, and if he doesn't, they'll put him down. They should do it already. He's dragging the company. He's dead weight. And other than him, its a great place to work.

I'm not worried about it. His opinion is not respected at all. I stopped considering him a friend at that moment. He's going to get shitcanned anyhow. I think they're trying to drive him to quit, and if he doesn't, they'll put him down. They should do it already. He's dragging the company. He's dead weight. And other than him, its a great place to work.

Good call all around. You guys didn't do anything necessarily wrong at the beer lunch but the fact that he thought he had something to call you out on at work is a red flag. It looks like you caught it and are going to act accordingly so kudos!

Its another example of the good worker carrying the weight of the bad workers.

But congrats on the recognition and car. Well done, Beefy.

Its been done. Yesterday at 6:30 (our shift ends at 8:30) Al goes "I'm burnt. I think I'll just have some coffe and call it a day". His insinuation was that he was going to do it on the clock, and that was that. So I said "That's cool, if you don't need the hours head out. I'm going to stick around. I don't want to be on this shift longer than I have to."

Then he brought up some shit about how we had a couple of beers at lunch once while working on a security camera job and how times have changed. His exact words "You're willing to get drunk at lunch but not take a couple hours off?" It was a gotcha moment for him, except for the fact that I didn't get drunk, and it was no big deal.

So after our shift, we get called into the managers office, one at a time. Al goes first and comes out all pissed. Then I go in and the manager goes "You're doing a great job. We want to keep you around, we want to keep you happy, here's a new car and a gas card. "

So Al's response today at work? "They get what they pay for. I ain't gonna work for shit if they're gonna pass me up like that."

He fucking doesn't get it.
I might be on this night shift twice as long as I should because now, I'm basically working alone.
LOL, isn't it almost a universal truth that guys who announce publicly on their jobs how hard they work are usually the least hardest working guys?

Good luck, could be worse, I had a buddy who worked with a guy with a serious BO problem, eventually somebody had to tell him as he worked hard and was never going to get fired, so he finally did, that was pretty awkward and made it really uncomfortable for the rest of his time there.

Back