College football rankings?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
W

WinterBorn

There have been a bunch of top ranked teams that were beaten.

I think most people see the top 3 teams as the same. Personally I think you could change the order between Florida, Texas and Alabama and still be pretty accurate.

Who else should be ranked in the top 10?

LSU is at #4 in the polls, but I don't see many people believing that they deserve it.

I think there should be no polls permitted till after the 4th week of the season. Then you don't end up with this silly situation of people trying to justify their picks. You end up with nutso stuff like LSU ranked #4 and Iowa ranked #13. Hell if you go by play on the field Iowa should be ranked in the top 4. Their the only damned team to beat a top 5 opponent.

If there had been no polls till this week does anyone think Florida would still be #1? They've played uninspired football against week sister competition.

My top ten would be

#1. Texas
#2. Alabama
#3. USC
#4. Auburn
#5. OSU
#6. Iowa
#7. Florida
#8. Houston
#9. Va. Tech
#10. Cincinnati

Last edited:
BTW, early on the three teams that have impressed me the most, or I believe to be the most under rated are Auburn, Houston and Iowa. Auburn is going to make a lot of pollsters look stupid this year. That's a damned good team! They look a hell of a lot better than either LSWho or Florida. Time will tell.

My Guess is the Auborn/Bama game will decide who the SEC champ is this year. I'm looking forward to that game.

BTW, early on the three teams that have impressed me the most, or I believe to be the most under rated are Auburn, Houston and Iowa. Auburn is going to make a lot of pollsters look stupid this year. That's a damned good team! They look a hell of a lot better than either LSWho or Florida. Time will tell.

My Guess is the Auborn/Bama game will decide who the SEC champ is this year. I'm looking forward to that game.

Auburn is either underrated or just hasn't run up against anyone serious yet. They beat MS State up pretty badly, but they let Ball State score 30 points.

The Iron Bowl is always one of my fav games. This year it may decide the SEC West.

Florida looks tough but their schedule has been so light its hard to judge them.

I wouldn't put USC but one notch higher than Ohio State. They won that game in a single drive and were beaten the rest of the game. Yes they won, but not by much.

My list would be:

#1 - Alabama
#2 - Texas
#3 - Florida
#4 - Auburn
#5 - Iowa
#6 - USC
#7 - OSU
#8 - VaTech
#9 - Boise State
#10 - Oklahoma

Auburn is either underrated or just hasn't run up against anyone serious yet. They beat MS State up pretty badly, but they let Ball State score 30 points.

The Iron Bowl is always one of my fav games. This year it may decide the SEC West.

Florida looks tough but their schedule has been so light its hard to judge them.

I wouldn't put USC but one notch higher than Ohio State. They won that game in a single drive and were beaten the rest of the game. Yes they won, but not by much.
They let Ball State score points late in the game when they had their subs in and it didn't really matter. The score doesn't indicate how badly Auburn beat Ball State, which is not the same team they were last year for sure.

Florida is a good team, but they just don't look to me to be what the media is hyping them up to be. They just appear to me to be that great. Time will tell. Lots more football to be played.

It looks like USC left to much on the field against OSU. They left Columbus with a win and a bunch of injuries that are hurting them now. If Ohio State's offensive line can get it together the Buckeyes can redeem the loss to USC. Our Defense is certainly one of the best in the nation.

The sentiment here in Columbus town is that no one is buying to much into the mythical BCS national championship (Despite the Big10 and Universities opposition, this town wants a playoff badly). So since there won't be a playoff, if OSU can win out the season (and we finish the season with games against Penn St, Iowa and Michigan.....just brutal) then we definately want redemption against the best the SEC has. If we finish 11-1 and USC wins the PAC10 we might just get that opportunity.

Failing that Texas or the PAC 10 champ will do.

Games to watch today.

Ohio State vs Indiana - The Hoosiers appear to have a decent team this year and are spoiling for an upset.
Kansas vs Iowa St.
Miss vs Nebraska - We'll know who the front runner is in the Big 12 North after today.
Texas A&M vs Arkansas - are the Aggies for real?
UCLA vs Stanford - UCLA appears to be surprising a lot of people this year.
USC vs Cal - Is Cal over rated or did USC shoot their wad against the Buckeyes?
Georgia vs LSU - We'll find out who's over rated and who is not.
Auburn vs Tenn - Is Auborn that good? Is Tenn that bad? We'll have a better idea today.
Noter Dame vs Washington - Who give a shit about Noter Dame?
OK vs Miami - The winner will have a shot at redemption. The loser goes to the USA Today Who Gives A Shit Bowl.
Wisconsin vs Minn - Winner will probably crack the top 25

I think there should be no polls permitted till after the 4th week of the season. Then you don't end up with this silly situation of people trying to justify their picks. You end up with nutso stuff like LSU ranked #4 and Iowa ranked #13. Hell if you go by play on the field Iowa should be ranked in the top 4. Their the only damned team to beat a top 5 opponent.

If there had been no polls till this week does anyone think Florida would still be #1? They've played uninspired football against week sister competition.

People were suspect about Penn State though who played a nothing out of conference schedule and thus hadn't really been tested. They actually make your point exactly of they shouldn't have been in the Top 5 to begin with so while Iowa technically beat a Top 5 team they don't really get the credit because people were suspect of Penn State already.

Games to watch today.

Ohio State vs Indiana - The Hoosiers appear to have a decent team this year and are spoiling for an upset.
Kansas vs Iowa St.
Miss vs Nebraska - We'll know who the front runner is in the Big 12 North after today.
Texas A&M vs Arkansas - are the Aggies for real?
UCLA vs Stanford - UCLA appears to be surprising a lot of people this year.
USC vs Cal - Is Cal over rated or did USC shoot their wad against the Buckeyes?
Georgia vs LSU - We'll find out who's over rated and who is not.
Auburn vs Tenn - Is Auborn that good? Is Tenn that bad? We'll have a better idea today.
Noter Dame vs Washington - Who give a shit about Noter Dame?
OK vs Miami - The winner will have a shot at redemption. The loser goes to the USA Today Who Gives A Shit Bowl.
Wisconsin vs Minn - Winner will probably crack the top 25

:cheer:GO CORNHUSKERS:cheer:

'Bama tries to run up the score passing with a minute left and an 18 point lead? Shameful.

On the one hand, I can almost see a point.

But on the other hand, Kentucky was playing the big boys. After all, its not the worst ass-kicking they have taken this season.

On the one hand, I can almost see a point.

But on the other hand, Kentucky was playing the big boys. After all, its not the worst ass-kicking they have taken this season.

You and I both know it simply is not the thing to do in college football, particularly within the same conference to a fellow coach. It shows not a concern about winning or losing, but about the college rankings which after season's end mean nothing.
We all know Kentucky isn't a football powerhouse, but the coach and the kids can still be humiliated, in this case for no reason, revenge was not a factor.

This lovefest of douchebag chookers is comical. LSU has two National Championships since either of your overated team won anything in the post season. And they proved why today at Georgia.

This lovefest of douchebag chookers is comical. LSU has two National Championships since either of your overated team won anything in the post season. And they proved why today at Georgia.

Last year we made it the post season to play Florida in the SEC Championship. LSU was left in the dust.

You barely beat GA. That still doesn't say much. LSU has won 2 NCs.

Bama has 12. Let me know when you get close to that.

Besides, this year ya'll won't even be the 2nd best in the SEC West. Maybe 4th.

U got your ass handed to you by fla & freaking Utah. Lsu wins like 4 in a row post season. You'll choke again.

We got our ass handed to us by Utah. If you think FL handed us our ass, you didn't see the game.

LSU will lose to FL, Bama, Auburn, and probably Ole Miss. Your post season play will be against a nobody.

Might as well not even show up to play LSWho. You can't beat a team when they clearly have the zebras in their pocket. I don't care what the final score was. Georgia was the better team today. I thought the Big 10 was the only conference who had to put up with fat old men as officials who can't even waddle into position in time to make calls correctly or who consistantly make asinine calls that affect the outcome of games. I feel badly for GA fans. LSWho has nothing to gloat about here.

The NCAA needs to pass some standards for officials. They must pass annual fitness test, mandatory retirment at 45 like FIFA officials and IQ test to weed out the morons that couldn't bust 90 on a standardized IQ test like the numb nuts in Georgia today.

They sure did. They have the zebras in their back pockets. It was a shameful game and I'd be embarrased if my team had to win in such a corrupt fashion. I'd rather lose with pride and dignity like we did against USC then win any game like that. I hate it when officials make a mokery of the game by deciding the outcome instead of the players on the field.

Back