College football rankings?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
LSU got the same call on the Juggernaut's touchdown. All the LSU haters kinda leave that fact out. They cancel each other out.
The Juggernauts TD would have been good from 15yrds further as he had run through all the dawgs D.

This weekend should shake out some of the rankings. I'm curious to see what Wisconsin is capable of doing.

But my Tide will roll in Oxford this weekend. The offense is clicking and will take whatever the defense gives us. Some teams have offenses that you can defend against. But with our running game, our receivers, and a level-headed QB, we can score on anyone.

This weekend should shake out some of the rankings. I'm curious to see what Wisconsin is capable of doing.

But my Tide will roll in Oxford this weekend. The offense is clicking and will take whatever the defense gives us. Some teams have offenses that you can defend against. But with our running game, our receivers, and a level-headed QB, we can score on anyone.
Wisconsin's a good team, Sound defense and offense. I don't think there as good as the Hawkeyes are but we'll find out how good they are when they come to the shoe. Wisconsin is a quality program so it should be a good game.

Michigan vs Iowa should be a good game too. Iowa appears to be imrpoving as the season goes along. They have a good defensive line, an excellent secondary with maybe the best safety in college ball (he sure has interecepted a lot of passes) and a surprisingly good pair of freshman running backs. Iowa has one of the best running games in college ball.

On the down side, they are weak at linebacker and don't have much depth on the defensive line and their QB is inconsistent. He does seem to have those leadership intangibles going for him and though inconsistent, damn if the kid doesn't win games. I like him a lot.

If Iowa beats Michigan and Wisconsin then they'll play the Bucks for the conference championship. This is going to be an interesting season in the Big 10.

My game of the weak (pun intended) is Indiana vs Virginia. The odds makers are giving Virginia 6 points. I've seen both teams play this year and I"ll take Indiana and the points.

Last edited:
Man I feel sorry for you, and I apologize for ragging you on the buckeyes.
I thought it was good natured ribbing but you have gone over the top insane in the membrane.

My top ten for this week;

Alabama
Texas
Iowa
Florida
USC
TCU
Boise
Georgia Tech
LSWho
Cincinnati

I'd stick Miami in there somewhere, but other than that......

I have to say, seeing the Crimson Tide at the top of the AP Poll does my heart good!

I'd stick Miami in there somewhere, but other than that......

I have to say, seeing the Crimson Tide at the top of the AP Poll does my heart good!
I'm pulling for Iowa now. If they can go undefeated they deserve it for several reasons.

#1. It's not often a team beats Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan in the same year and goes undefeated.
#2. Last time they played Florida they beat them up like the bitches they are.
#3. They and Alabama do look like the best two teams in the country right now.
#4. Florida and Texas will get beat down the line.

The only major obstacle the Hawkeyes have left will be the Buckeyes and the Buckeyes have some serious offensive problems. The Bucks might want to consider switching Pryor to a Flanker or WR. He can't throw for shit.

I'm pulling for Iowa now. If they can go undefeated they deserve it for several reasons.

#1. It's not often a team beats Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan in the same year and goes undefeated.
#2. Last time they played Florida they beat them up like the bitches they are.
#3. They and Alabama do look like the best two teams in the country right now.
#4. Florida and Texas will get beat down the line.

The only major obstacle the Hawkeyes have left will be the Buckeyes and the Buckeyes have some serious offensive problems. The Bucks might want to consider switching Pryor to a Flanker or WR. He can't throw for shit.

I saw some highlights of the Iowa game saturday. I think an Alabama v. Iowa game for the NC would be excellent.

Let Texas lose and we beat FL in the SEC Championship and its possible.

Boise is going to scream, but thats ok too.

I saw some highlights of the Iowa game saturday. I think an Alabama v. Iowa game for the NC would be excellent.

Let Texas lose and we beat FL in the SEC Championship and its possible.

Boise is going to scream, but thats ok too.
Boise and Cincinnati would scream but I think that if Bama, Iowa, Texas, Boise and Cincy all go undefeated you can make a good argument that Bama and Iowa had the toughtest schedule. I don't think Texas or Cincy will go undefeated. Who knows? Lots of football to be played and there may be no undefeated teams in 4 or 5 more weeks.

From what I"ve seen I don't think Texas or Florida will go undefeated. Neither one looks that dominant and they have to tough games ahead to play. Iowa's tough part of their schedule was front loaded. They have a couple of decent teams in Mich St and Minn but the only real obstacle left to the Hawkeyes are the Buckeyes. If the Buckeyes inconsistent offesne shows up again for Iowa, we'll lose for sure.

Last edited:
CaW, you will like the predictions made my Stewart Mandel at Sports Illustrated.

He has predicted the following bowl matchups:

Title game: Alabama vs. USC

Rose: Iowa vs. Boise State

Fiesta: Texas vs. Georgia Tech

Sugar: Florida vs. Cincinnati

Orange: Miami vs. Penn State

I'd pick BAMA
Iowa
Texas
Fla
Penn State

Back