College football rankings?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
Then there is this article. Seems the big conferences are scared of little old Boise State. They even offer to come to your home and play you. But not even the mighty SEC has called them back. You hear nothing but crickets. the BCS is bullshit, Boise State could defeat a good number of the top ten teams right now.
I think Boise state would do well and you're right. The Big 6 Conf teams are chickenshit to not play them.

Noter Damn is completely out of the top 25 and Iowa dropped to #10 and OSU switched positions with PSU.

BCS pairings now look like;

SEC Champ vs Texas, NCG
OSU/Iowa vs Oregon/Arizona. Rose Bowl
Cincinnati vs Ga Tech Orange Bowl
TCU vs USC, Fiesta Bowl
SEC runner up Boise St/Miami, Sugar Bowl

As it's looking the SEC champ will be #1 then the Sugar Bowl will get first replacement pick and will either pick the SEC Runner Up (expected) or USC (assuming they don't lose again). I have a strong suspicion Boise St will go undefeated and not get a BCS bid. There should only be 3 at large BCS teams this year. TCU should get an automatic bid if they go undefeated. I'd love to see USC vs SEC in the Sugar bowl but that's probably not going to happen. If the Sugar Bowl Takes the SEC Runner up then the Fiesta Bowl will take USC and vice versa. LSU won't get an invited so that only leaves 1 at large left. That will probably be Miami. The only thing that could really shake this up is if Arizona loses to Oregon and beats USC. That would knock USC out as an at large team. Then Maybe Boise St would get an at large bid.

Last edited:
I think Boise state would do well and you're right. The Big 6 Conf teams are chickenshit to not play them.

B State struggled to put away LaTech. LSU plays Latech this saturday, so we will see who struggles and who stomps.

That's because the rankings don't come out till later in the day on Sunday.

The Sports Illustrated site was showing Sunday afternoon as the updated BCS on Sunday, then it changed , still Sunday, but 6:02 pm. The W-L records shown included the games on Saturday with the rankings as I stated. In the past, the rankings were available on Sunday afternoon when the rankings would change as would the W-L records. The Ohio St. #16/Penn St. #11 rankings while showing the OSU win as well as Iowa with the posted 9-1 record still at #4 were glaring examples of a snafu and the reason I found it hard to believe and ridiculous if true.

If Jefferson can recover from the CHEAP SHOT, we'll beat tech by double digits.

Awww, did we break your QB?

Ingram recovered from having his head twisted, so hopefully Jefferson will survive.

I will say that LSU needs to get its trainers to put the kids thru harder training. They were dropping like flies.

And speaking of dropping like flies, I noticed that the LSU D was getting a lot of injury timeouts. A player would be on the ground writhing in pain, get 3 mins without being charged a timeout, be out for one play and then come back in. Nifty way to slow the game down.

Awww, did we break your QB?

Ingram recovered from having his head twisted, so hopefully Jefferson will survive.

I will say that LSU needs to get its trainers to put the kids thru harder training. They were dropping like flies.

And speaking of dropping like flies, I noticed that the LSU D was getting a lot of injury timeouts. A player would be on the ground writhing in pain, get 3 mins without being charged a timeout, be out for one play and then come back in. Nifty way to slow the game down.

The better tougher team won, yes you broke him and he does need to get a lot stronger if there is to be a different outcome next year. I'd go ahead an win that NC before you start beating your chest about being soo much tougher than LSU. We've got 2 this decade you got zero conference championships.

The better tougher team won, yes you broke him and he does need to get a lot stronger if there is to be a different outcome next year. I'd go ahead an win that NC before you start beating your chest about being soo much tougher than LSU. We've got 2 this decade you got zero conference championships.

And we have a dozen NCs, it all depends on how far back you go.

But we won saturday.

As I stated the better/tougher team won. I think you'll beat Fla too based on the development of your QB. There secondary is not as good as ours.

I think we will win too. I think our D Line is better this year, and they aren't the passing team they were last year. (not that they were a great passing team last year, they just aren't as good at that as last year)

losing Harvin has hit them hard, I hope Mt.Cody does too.

I don't think Cody hits any other way.

But they will double team him like everyone else does. McClain and Arenas are the ones who will get Tebow a lot.

And todays game means Alabama is tied with Oklahoma for the most 10 win seasons in NCAA History.

30 seasons each.

Back