College football rankings?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
The PAC 10 appears to be the best conference top to bottom this year. Oh sure, the SEC has 3 of the top 10 teams but there's a big drop off after that. The Big 10 does one better with 4 rated teams and it looks like 4 teams with 9 wins or more but after Wisconsin there's a big drop off too. ACC and Big 12 have one very good team each and a big drop off after that. The PAC 10 on the other hand have 6 teams that can compete with the best teams the SEC and Big 10 have to offer. They get my vote for best conference this year.

The PAC 10 appears to be the best conference top to bottom this year. Oh sure, the SEC has 3 of the top 10 teams but there's a big drop off after that. The Big 10 does one better with 4 rated teams and it looks like 4 teams with 9 wins or more but after Wisconsin there's a big drop off too. ACC and Big 12 have one very good team each and a big drop off after that. The PAC 10 on the other hand have 6 teams that can compete with the best teams the SEC and Big 10 have to offer. They get my vote for best conference this year.

I am not worried about conference. I am looking to finish the season undefeated, beat Florida and then Texas.

The Pac10 doesn't have a team in the top 9. MOtt hates the SEC so much he will boost the conference that rapes him annually to ease his anti-SEC vile.

The Pac10 doesn't have a team in the top 9. MOtt hates the SEC so much he will boost the conference that rapes him annually to ease his anti-SEC vile.
No....I have a thing for math. It's obvious. Look at both the win/loss column, common opponents and Quality wins (wins against winning programs and ranked teams). It become obvous that the Pac 10 is the best conference in football this year. SEC is great at the top....not so great after the top 3. For example. There are 6 teams in the Pact 10 better than the 4th best team in the SEC.

No....I have a thing for math. It's obvious. Look at both the win/loss column, common opponents and Quality wins (wins against winning programs and ranked teams). It become obvous that the Pac 10 is the best conference in football this year. SEC is great at the top....not so great after the top 3. For example. There are 6 teams in the Pact 10 better than the 4th best team in the SEC.

That's commical, thanks

Good thing we don't have the math dorks that do the computer rankings doing the polls we'd have app state as National Champs.

I haven't seen a single sports writer call the pac 10 no1.
But again, SEC as national champs so many times recently I can see how a jilted big 10 lover would lash out. Especially since LSU raped you without a reacharound.

I am not worried about conference. I am looking to finish the season undefeated, beat Florida and then Texas.
Win your conference and it's a good year no matter what. :)

I always worry about winning the conference. That's always job #1! mythical national championships and bowl games take care of themselves when you win your conference. At OSU that's always complicated by the greatest rivalry in all of sports. You can go 11-1 at Ohio State but if that 1 loss is against Michigan, that season sucked.

That's commical, thanks

Good thing we don't have the math dorks that do the computer rankings doing the polls we'd have app state as National Champs.

I haven't seen a single sports writer call the pac 10 no1.
But again, SEC as national champs so many times recently I can see how a jilted big 10 lover would lash out. Especially since LSU raped you without a reacharound.
Well that's silly to. Having the best tean in the nation doesnt mean your the best conference in the nation top to bottom. It's obvious to any OBJECTIVE observer that this year the PAC 10 is the best conference. Bet that shows in Bowl play to. SEC has fallen off this year. They have 2 great teams, 1 above average team and the rest is average or less. Teams that normally are strong, S. Car, Tenn, Ark, Ole Miss, GA, etc don't look to hot this year.

those sec teams would clean the mat with a lot of top 20 teams.

ALL TV analyst correctly call the SEC without a doubt the best conference.

2 of the top 3 and 3 of the top 8 it's obvious to all but jilted Ohio Slow fans. GA beat Arizona state earlier. LSU raped GA Tech now no7 in a bowl just last year.

BCS Pairings
Looks like the BCS would be;

NCG - Tx vs Bama/Fl winner
Rose - OSU vs Ore/Az winner
Sugar - Al/Fl loser against IA or Boies St.
Fiesta - TCU vs OK State
Orange - Cincinnati/Pitt vs GA. Tech

LSWho will probably play Penn St in the Citrus Bowl. Should be a good game. Both teams have a strong defense with the edge there to Penn St who is a bit better against the run. PSU is also significantly better on offense. Neither team has played a particularly tough schedule. Neither played a rated (or even winning) non-conf team. By seasons end PSU will have played two teams with winning recores (lost both) and LSWho will have played 3 (lost two, yet to play the third) so toughness of schedule is slightly in LSWho's favor. I'll take PSU by 3.

Last edited:
we played no1 and no2 your on crack

Penn State might actually beat us, I never figure how Iowa and Ohio state always beat them though.
And I hope Bose does play the SEC runner up.
I see a repeat of GA vs Hawaii

I think you may get an easy win vs either pac10 opponent.
Oregon can't pass and Linebacker U can still stop the run.

2 of the top 3 and 3 of the top 8 it's obvious to all but jilted Ohio Slow fans. GA beat Arizona state earlier. LSU raped GA Tech now no7 in a bowl just last year.
TV Analyst? Please, there all SEC alum and dumber than a bag full of hammers. These guys can barely breath through their mouths and make Dixie look like a rocket scientist and you're going to take their word? Please child! LOL

I think you may get an easy win vs either pac10 opponent.
Oregon can't pass and Linebacker U can still stop the run.
There a good team and we'll off the field two weeks longer then they will and given our recent record in Bowl games......We'll I'm not going to make any big bets. LOL

I do like OSU's chances. Their significantly better on defense than Oregon or Arizona. Oregan worries me more than Arizona because they are a good red zone team. OSU's big advantage against Oregon is we are better at stopping the run, create more turn overs and have less penalties. OSU has showed significant improvement since adopting a predominantly I-formation offense after the Purdue debacle. Pryor is playing more consistant, making better decisions and our running game has been much more affective. I like our chances though accoring to the air heads on TV we might as well not even show up to play since they've all ready decided we can't possibly win.

we'll see who your hating on when Ohio slow blows another BCS game. LOFL
Aw come on Topper, even you have to admit. The talking heads on sports on ESPN, The networks, talk radie ( Jim Rome) have a collective IQ of about 60. How can anyone possibly take them seriously? They're wrong more often then the weather man.

Topper, I have to agree with Mott here. After you leave the top 3 in our conference, we see several average teams and several that suck.

TN has defense, but thats about it. Arkansas looke good a few times. And Ole Miss was over-rated as hell.

SC & KY didn't show anyone anything. Vandy, MS State & Auburn suck.

Georgia would have trouble winning against anyone.

I think Bama and the Gators can beat anyone in the nation this year. And I think LSU could give plenty of teams fits and beat most of them.

But 3 out of 12 doesn't make for the best conference.

Back