College Football?

Mclain was the one I was thinking of. 255LB starter as a freshman. That kid is a beast

OH! Rolando McClain! Yeah, he is a monster. Strong, tough, good head for holes and blocks like a lineman. He also has soft hands when he goes out for a pass.

Damn, I am wondering when this board acquired so many Bama fans? I thought I was the only one! ;)

The future certainly looks bright for us, thanks to Nick Saban, but I really don't think the coach was the problem when we fired Shula. I think the main problem was leadership on the field and the confidence that brings. I saw it all the years under Shula, and for whatever reason, we couldn't overcome it. We had great talent, and moments of looking really good, but we simply didn't have leadership on the field. This takes time to develop, and maybe Shula wasn't the best guy to develop it? Maybe Saban recognizes it and will focus on it more? In any event, talent has not been the issue, we have had some outstanding players the past few years. With the #1 recruiting class in the nation under our belt this year, you have to think we obtained a few leaders.

It's been a while since I was really excited about the upcoming season, it will be nice to feel that way again. I always think it's possible for us to run the table, there is literally no team we don't have a chance with. It depends on whether we stay healthy and if we can overcome the lack of leadership on the field.

JPW is a great QB, he has not shown his full potential at Alabama. My theory is, last year was a wash because of the Hoover scandal. JPW played his Senior year at Hoover under the coach who was fired for allegedly fixing grades. For months, the names of the players who had 'special favors' at Hoover, was kept confidential. I think JPW was worried he might not even be eligible to play, and this distracted him from his game. Now that this has been settled, and JPW was not implicated, he can again focus on his game. If we can just keep the rest of the team outta trouble with the law, we will be okay.

JPW is not even a really good QB yet!!! But you have a great coach and a great recruiter if JPW doesn't lose for ya the tide might win 8.
How much does your daddy have to donate to have all three of you names used always?

JPW is not even a really good QB yet!!! But you have a great coach and a great recruiter if JPW doesn't lose for ya the tide might win 8.
How much does your daddy have to donate to have all three of you names used always?

JPW is as good a mid-range passer as Brodie Croyle, and twice the runner. I saw him play in High School and he did some amazing things. I also saw him in the past 3 A-Day games, where he looked much better than he has ever played in real games. The guy is an outstanding QB, he has simply not reached his full potential on the field at Bama.

I see an 8-win season as worst-case scenario. Yeah, it could work out that way, but I don't think it will. I am predicting 10-2, a nice BCS bowl, maybe even another SEC Championship ring... not that we need it, we have 21 already. And I suspect JPW had all three names used long before his father donated anything to the University. With the salary we're paying Saban, I don't care if the donating father wants his son to be called Jesus Parker-Wilson!

Well Obviously you have your bama rose colored glasses on.
He's a list of SEC only QB that were way better than him last year.
TT, Ainge, Flynn, Auburns QB, Stafford.
Lets see he was better than Ark, Ole Miss, Miss State and that's it.
So he was an average SEC QB. Croyle got his but kicked everytime he played LSU/Auburn he's garbage too.

So he was an average SEC QB. Croyle got his but kicked everytime he played LSU/Auburn he's garbage too.

ESPN ranked the QBs for the SEC, and they had Wilson 3rd. He was behind Stafford & Tebow (in that order).

Wilson can be a great QB. But he has trouble leading the team. He also sees himself as the best thing to happen to Alabama Football. His ego hasn't made him any friends. And you WANT the O Linemen to be your friends.

We recruited an incredible QB this year. I am sure he will sit for this season so he can be redshirted, but this kid has a GUN.

Damn, I am wondering when this board acquired so many Bama fans? I thought I was the only one! ;)

The future certainly looks bright for us, thanks to Nick Saban, but I really don't think the coach was the problem when we fired Shula. I think the main problem was leadership on the field and the confidence that brings. I saw it all the years under Shula, and for whatever reason, we couldn't overcome it. We had great talent, and moments of looking really good, but we simply didn't have leadership on the field. This takes time to develop, and maybe Shula wasn't the best guy to develop it? Maybe Saban recognizes it and will focus on it more? In any event, talent has not been the issue, we have had some outstanding players the past few years. With the #1 recruiting class in the nation under our belt this year, you have to think we obtained a few leaders.

It's been a while since I was really excited about the upcoming season, it will be nice to feel that way again. I always think it's possible for us to run the table, there is literally no team we don't have a chance with. It depends on whether we stay healthy and if we can overcome the lack of leadership on the field.

JPW is a great QB, he has not shown his full potential at Alabama. My theory is, last year was a wash because of the Hoover scandal. JPW played his Senior year at Hoover under the coach who was fired for allegedly fixing grades. For months, the names of the players who had 'special favors' at Hoover, was kept confidential. I think JPW was worried he might not even be eligible to play, and this distracted him from his game. Now that this has been settled, and JPW was not implicated, he can again focus on his game. If we can just keep the rest of the team outta trouble with the law, we will be okay.

It will be a good year if they can stay out of trouble. I do think losing Johns hurt though.

That's "crimson-colored glasses" thank you! As I said, he has not lived up to his "full potential" ...if he HAD lived up to his full potential, he would not have been a mediocre QB in the SEC last year. I hope this year, he will reach his full potential, and I would put him just behind or equal to Tebow, as QB's go. He has a great arm, good mobility, and has shown excellent decision making skills under pressure. He has one of the best OL's in the nation, and without the distraction of his former high school being investigated for grade fixing, he will be able to focus on his game.

Croyle's biggest problem was lack of an OL and lack of ability to stay healthy. He was one of the best QB's of all-time, when he was on his game. After he was injured, he tried to play through the pain, and just never was able to perform as he did before. People judge him by his last year and a rather lackluster end of his career at Bama, but this is not the measure of Croyle as a QB, he was truly gifted.

Wow Dixie your the kind of guy I used to steal money from betting when I was a bartender.
Croyle was mediocre at his best and garbage the rest of the time.
Your running backs are not even third teams sec. LSU, Georgia, Florida and Tennesse will beat you like a rented mule.
And JPW would rate somewhere in the 30's compared to Tebow in the top 5

Wow Dixie your the kind of guy I used to steal money from betting when I was a bartender.
Croyle was mediocre at his best and garbage the rest of the time.
Your running backs are not even third teams sec. LSU, Georgia, Florida and Tennesse will beat you like a rented mule.
And JPW would rate somewhere in the 30's compared to Tebow in the top 5

I've never lost a bet with a bartender.
Croyle was medicore because he had no OL and was playing hurt most of his career. His arm and passing ability is right up there with Joe Namath. Apparently you people have severe reading disabilities, and think I have said things the opposite of what I really said. I never claimed Brodie was the best QB Alabama ever had, or that he proved his greatness on the field, I clearly said that he was not that great and didn't reach his full potential, and I gave you the reason why.

As was mentioned, ESPN is of the opinion JPW is 3rd in the SEC. I put him second, just behind Tebow. Your ranking would have him playing 3rd string for Miss St. or Ole Miss.

As for who will beat us, that remains to be seen, we have to play the game. LSU is neutered compared to last year, I don't see them beating Saban in his "return to Baton Rouge", but I suppose it's possible, and Georgia may also get us, but Tennesee is our little crack ho bithces, we own them. If Florida beats us, it will have to be in the SECCG, we don't play them in regular season.

That's "crimson-colored glasses" thank you! As I said, he has not lived up to his "full potential" ...if he HAD lived up to his full potential, he would not have been a mediocre QB in the SEC last year. I hope this year, he will reach his full potential, and I would put him just behind or equal to Tebow, as QB's go. He has a great arm, good mobility, and has shown excellent decision making skills under pressure. He has one of the best OL's in the nation, and without the distraction of his former high school being investigated for grade fixing, he will be able to focus on his game.

Croyle's biggest problem was lack of an OL and lack of ability to stay healthy. He was one of the best QB's of all-time, when he was on his game. After he was injured, he tried to play through the pain, and just never was able to perform as he did before. People judge him by his last year and a rather lackluster end of his career at Bama, but this is not the measure of Croyle as a QB, he was truly gifted.

I don't need to put words in your mouth, not only is he not joe nameth he's not where near Tim Tebo. Tebow won the hiesman, how close was bordy. Oh yeah he didn't go to new york, prob not in top ten voting. Was he even third team SEC???

No, Croyle didn't go to New York. But then, when was the last time the Heisman was given to a player on a team that sucked?

I know its supposed to be for the best player, but it goes to a player on one of the top teams.

He set numerous records at UA, was a finalist for the Unitas Award, and he led the Tide to a 10-2 record and completely slaughtered Texas Tech.

I think its amusing that you think a QB that passes for 2,499 yards in a single season is mediocre. Between injuries and a crappy OL, the guy had to overcome a lot to do what he did. Plus he had 3 head coaches in 4 years as a starter. Thats not exactly conducive to quality play.

Also, 190 attempts with no interceptions is something to be proud of as well.

Tebow is great, there is no doubt. But there are a lot of QBs who are not nearly as good as Croyle.

Back