Confession...

Of course, when mulitnationals and banks have bought off and dictate all policies and control the militaries and the borders, they have full control anyway, so it may not even be necessary to symbolically change the name of the land mass.

I think they make some of these up, 1984? Please. I recommend everybody, especially conservatives read 1984, it's like Animal Farm. Of Mice and Men?

Some people are just idiots.

1984 makes the list but Lolita isn't banned in the US?

I think somebody is making stuff up.

There was a huge push by a christian group in Tuscaloosa to have Of Mice and Men removed from the public schools and the public library.

Apparently the word "goddamn" appears in the book 52 times. Anyone who reads that great piece of literature and only comes away with a count of a certain profanity is a fool.

I thought it was an excellent novel. The controversy was because of the sexual content and language. Shame it stopped some kids from having access to this excellent book.
Yea me to. It's a modern classic. Anyone offended by the content of Catcher in the Rye has got to have more issues their dealing with then Holden did.

Oh sure, just go ahead and throw more fuel on the fire. You just can't leave well enough alone can you Damo??:wall:
It would make the site boring, plus I hate illogical stuff like calling internationalist fascism an oxymoron. It would be if there weren't people that define themselves as citizens of international entities, but there are. They could then practice 'nationalism' on that international scale.

I think they make some of these up, 1984? Please. I recommend everybody, especially conservatives read 1984, it's like Animal Farm. Of Mice and Men?

Some people are just idiots.

1984 makes the list but Lolita isn't banned in the US?

I think somebody is making stuff up.
That's because the US does not ban books. Certain of our public schools and public libraries will at the community level but it's unconstitutional to do so at a national leve.

There was a huge push by a christian group in Tuscaloosa to have Of Mice and Men removed from the public schools and the public library.

Apparently the word "goddamn" appears in the book 52 times. Anyone who reads that great piece of literature and only comes away with a count of a certain profanity is a fool.
I'd call that an understatement. Their God damned fools and fucking idiots.

That's because the US does not ban books. Certain of our public schools and public libraries will at the community level but it's unconstitutional to do so at a national leve.
It doesn't even reach the list as a challenged book in the US. Do you see what I mean? 1984 because it has "sex" in it, but Lolita goes unchallenged? Please. I think somebody is pretending to dislike it because of "sex" so that they might get conservative support for banning it.

It would make the site boring, plus I hate illogical stuff like calling internationalist fascism an oxymoron. It would be if there weren't people that define themselves as citizens of international entities, but there are. They could then practice 'nationalism' on that international scale.
But 3D didn't call it that. He called it "International Nationalism" and that is an oxymoron.

It doesn't even reach the list as a challenged book in the US. Do you see what I mean? 1984 because it has "sex" in it, but Lolita goes unchallenged? Please. I think somebody is pretending to dislike it because of "sex" so that they might get conservative support for banning it.
Hey, no one said it was rational. My attitude is, it's a free country, if you don't like a book, then don't read it. Just don't try to tell me I can't read it. What pisses me off are the people who try to censor the literature available to you and I using children as their excuse.

Hey, no one said it was rational. My attitude is, it's a free country, if you don't like a book, then don't read it. Just don't try to tell me I can't read it. What pisses me off are the people who try to censor the literature available to you and I using children as their excuse.
There is a huge difference between choosing to read a book and being assigned it in a classroom. Some other is making the choice for you.

Some day when I write a novel, I am going to include a few things in it that will seriously anger the religious fundamentalists.

The call for my book to be banned will increase demand for my book tenfold.

Some day when I write a novel, I am going to include a few things in it that will seriously anger the religious fundamentalists.

The call for my book to be banned will increase demand for my book tenfold.

Oh shit. You're not going to mention SM's wife are you?

There is a huge difference between choosing to read a book and being assigned it in a classroom. Some other is making the choice for you.
I know, and that's where those who wish to censor can get the thin edge of the wedge in. That's why the price of freedom is eternal vigilince. Determining community standards cannot be allowed to be an excuse for censorship and other violations of our first ammendment rights.

Back