Coolest Thing You Ever Did as an Adult

Tell us your stories.... and pics if you have 'em.

I have extreme fear of heights, but I've flown small planes (Cessna) a few times. When my late husband passed, one of the guys at the local VFW offered to take me up in a rented 152 to scatter his ashes over the rivers and woodlands that he loved. Every time I would open the window to fling some out, and start crying again, he would take his hands off the controls and tell me to fly her. I met that guy many decades ago when we both worked at McDonnell-Douglas. He is a USAF veteran. He knew my late husband because of the local VFW hall we supported. He knew how to comfort a widow in the best way.

Despite my sorrow, that windy stormy March day in 2005 gave me the love of flying in small craft. It was absolutely terrifying. I'm glad I did it anyways! I took flying lessons at that airport (which is no more) for a year, but never did get my license. Also did parasailing which is even more scary.

Your stories?

Me! lol

quQOgQe.jpg

You flying on a broom is more realistic.

It's something I did in winter to keep busy and stave off Seasonal Affective Disorder. It got replaced with cookies since those are easier to give away. It's not good to make bread because there is nothing like warm from the oven bread. I'd eat most of it right then and there

it sure is at its best at that moment

cookies are very easy to give away

back in the day I would make tons and give plates of assorted cookies to the neighbors

sure made them treat my son fairly in most cases

You've hated Republicans for years, said they were irrelevant, yet they whipped your ass in 2016.

I said they are liars ,cheaters, sociopaths and were killing their own party with those "values"

I do hate evil

the republican party is evil

Cheating is not winning

I guess republican parents don't teach their children that

I said they are liars ,cheaters, sociopaths and were killing their own party with those "values"

I do hate evil

the republican party is evil

Cheating is not winning

I guess republican parents don't teach their children that

Since you have yet to prove any of that, it's clear your goddamn whore mother didn't teach you to be honest.

You don't hate evil. You kiss his black ass.

Oh lawd, I can't believe I'm going to enlighten this thread...

Cove/ cave

Beach

Have to hike down

Can only see from the sea

Having sex with my girlfriend and I erm, well, erm, and then we hear clapping. Remember, sound carries over water....

We all laughed and a big round of applause from the boat people.

Oh lawd, I can't believe I'm going to enlighten this thread...

Cove/ cave

Beach

Have to hike down

Can only see from the sea

Having sex with my girlfriend and I erm, well, erm, and then we hear clapping. Remember, sound carries over water....

We all laughed and a big round of applause from the boat people.

I find it hard to believe from you yogurt, but will give you the bennie here.

It reminded me of a similar story, although it isn't the coolest ever..

16yrs me & a buddy were on a beach (public-Moe's beach-was bigger then) in Santa Cruz off east cliff dr & meet two runnaways from Reno & ended spending the night there, sleeping bags & a nice big fire... There was a convent some place right off the beach & we had no idea the nuns walked the beach in the morning. Was a lil embarrassing...........

Going into the the army, it was not just a job but a helluva of an adventure!

Germany!

Vietnam!

Korea!

Was in Japan and Hong Kong too!

Seeing other parts of the world!

routines-quotes-2.jpg

Last edited:
Going into the the army, it was not just a job but a helluva of an adventure!

Germany!

Vietnam!

Korea!

Was in Japan and Hong Kong too!

Seeing other parts of the world!

routines-quotes-2.jpg

I've been to all those countries bar Korea, didn't need to join the Army to do it either!! Did they teach you how to post cartoons as well? My son left for Japan yesterday from Bangkok, he's fluent in Japanese and wants to get a job in IT over there.

I've been to all those countries bar Korea, didn't need to join the Army to do it either!! Did they teach you how to post cartoons as well? My son left for Japan yesterday from Bangkok, he's fluent in Japanese and wants to get a job in IT over there.

Good luck to him!

Back