Could I have a list of the "Black Jobs" so I don't waste my time applying for the wrong ones?

Piggybacking on the previous response got me thinking. In San Francisco people here illegally can vote I believe in local school board elections (or there is a push for it). And the state has made it for those here illegally to be able to qualify for our state level Medicare equavalent. So it's interesting that you could do that but anyone who hires you would go to jail.

It does remind of the debate over prostitution, as it's usually the workers who get arrested but sometimes they go after the men trying to hire them as well.
Are they really illegal, i.e. sneaked into the country and disappeared? Or are they on a waiting list for citizenship, a green card, whatever. I don't get it. Do people get asked if they're here illegally when going to vote for the school board?

I'm not asking this in a snarky way. So many people call every single person who comes to the border "an illegal" and that's obviously false.

Are they really illegal, i.e. sneaked into the country and disappeared? Or are they on a waiting list for citizenship, a green card, whatever. I don't get it. Do people get asked if they're here illegally when going to vote for the school board?

I'm not asking this in a snarky way. So many people call every single person who comes to the border "an illegal" and that's obviously false.
Here's the site. Looking at the form it asks if you are a non-U.S. citizen (so I would assume that could range from someone with a green card but is not a citizen all the way to someone who came across the border without any papers).

main-qimg-a524c57d13dc26365baf71746fe74f26-pjlq

u9oqSWm.jpg

Here's the site. Looking at the form it asks if you are a non-U.S. citizen (so I would assume that could range from someone with a green card but is not a citizen all the way to someone who came across the border without any papers).

This sounds like a warning for those who are truly illegal.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR NON-UNITED STATES CITIZENS: Any information you provide to the Department of Elections, including your name and address, may be obtained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and other agencies, organizations, and individuals. In addition, if you apply for naturalization, you will be asked whether you have ever registered or voted in a federal, state, or local election in the United States. You may wish to consult with an immigration attorney, an organization that protects immigrant rights, or other knowledgeable source before providing any personal information to the Department of Elections and before registering to vote in San Francisco Board of Education Elections.

Why is it that the undocumented do the dirty work Americans won't do, are underpaid and if found, they're deported; but the people doing the hiring get a slap on the wrist at most, but usually no penalty. Is knowingly using undocumented workers a crime?

It reminds me of how prostitutes would get rounded up by the cops and fined, jailed or both, while the johns walked away free and unpunished.
Politicians are generally going to side with Americans vs the undocumented. But yes the system is messed up because there is a need for cheap labor in this country and there is (usually) demand for people wanting to come here willing to do cheap labor. But because we don't reform our system people try to sneak across the border and the gov't turns a blind eye when they are hired.

Politicians are generally going to side with Americans vs the undocumented. But yes the system is messed up because there is a need for cheap labor in this country and there is (usually) demand for people wanting to come here willing to do cheap labor. But because we don't reform our system people try to sneak across the border and the gov't turns a blind eye when they are hired.
I know you're not a trumper but I find this interesting. Border crossing is trump's #1 issue yet for years he employed undocumented workers and underpaid or stiffed them.

Report Reveals ‘Pipeline’ of Undocumented Costa Rican Immigrants at Trump Club: ‘A Very Open Secret’

Just for kicks...

“It must be noted that Trump using the term 'Black jobs' in relation to migrants is a straight up racist ploy,” wrote Skip Dillard, vice president and brand manager of Audacy, on X. “First of all, it’s all about the division of minorities. Second, he seemed to be putting minorities of all races in their 'place' where employment is concerned.”

While some took offense to Trump’s remarks, others showed off their “Black jobs” on X.

“A physician,” wrote Alister Martin on X. “An astronaut. And a fighter pilot. Reporting live from our #Blackjobs.”

Has anyine ask these places what a black job is?

View attachment 27405

African American Jobs, Employment in Kansas City, KS

Indeed
https://www.indeed.com › q-african-american-l-kansas-ci...

7 African American jobs available in Kansas City, KS on Indeed.com. Apply to Faculty, Art

5000+ African American jobs in United States (246 new)

LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com › jobs › african-american-jobs

Today's top 5000+ African American jobs in United States.
Can you imagine the shit that would rain down if there was a whitejobs.com website?

In case you forgot, immigration slowed down a lot during the pandemic, and the hirers complained about losing business because they couldn't get anyone to do the fruit picking or whatever.
Remember some years back when Alabama enacted tough anti-undocumented-worker regulations? Farm workers fled the state, and growers couldn't find "real Americans" to pick the crops, so they rotted in the fields.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could pass legislation providing a path to legal citizenship, or at least a way for these guys to legally work w/o fear of deportation? But nope -- Republicans won't allow that because it would take away one of the few remaining incentives they have to offer their base to get them to vote for them. Oh, and the employers who illegally employ these workers would have to pay more in taxes. Can't have that, can we?

Truly illegal people should be deported, and the employers prosecuted. For magas, everybody who crosses the border is illegal and that's a lie.
Agreed, especially locking up those employers who hire illegals, rent to them or otherwise support illegals staying in the US. E-verify should be universal and part of housing rentals/purchases.

The biggest deterent to illegal immigration in 30 years was the Great Recession. Why? No jobs, no reason for people to come to or stay in the US illegally.

Back