Culinary Disasters

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Arrrrgggghhhhh I was making Spaghetti Carbonera last night for dinner and I didn't temper the eggs properly and they scrambled. Arrrgggghhh!!! Instead of luscious smooth sauce I ended up with bacon and eggs on spaghetti. MY wife had to stop me from doing the Huffy Toss with the entire pan.

Arrrrgggghhhhh I was making Spaghetti Carbonera last night for dinner and I didn't temper the eggs properly and they scrambled. Arrrgggghhh!!! Instead of luscious smooth sauce I ended up with bacon and eggs on spaghetti. MY wife had to stop me from doing the Huffy Toss with the entire pan.
Temper, temper;) It takes a little practice;) I bet it was still pretty tasty...

It was ok but not nearly as good as if I had done it correctly.
Next time...;) Just figure out what you did wrong....and don't do it again;) Was the pan off the heat? Were you tossing constantly:)? When you drain the pasta, save some water....If things go wrong...add a little of that hot pasta water and stir, stir, stir....

What? The wife doesn't cook?
Indeed she does. She makes the best spring rolls you ever ate and her spicy dumplings are to die for. Some of her Filipino recipes are an acquired taste but many are very good like adobo or bisteak. She has a recipe for Bass and Tilapia that’s very good. I like too cool too and I’m pretty good at it.

Next time...;) Just figure out what you did wrong....and don't do it again;) Was the pan off the heat? Were you tossing constantly:)? When you drain the pasta, save some water....If things go wrong...add a little of that hot pasta water and stir, stir, stir....
I made two mistakes. I didn’t add enough pasta water to the egg sauce and I didn’t let the pan cool down enough.

Indeed she does. She makes the best spring rolls you ever ate and her spicy dumplings are to die for. Some of her Filipino recipes are an acquired taste but many are very good like adobo or bisteak. She has a recipe for Bass and Tilapia that’s very good. I like too cool too and I’m pretty good at it.

I like to "cool" as well (most people call it "chill") while the wife cooks.

Because I've been there, done that. Not the same exact recipe but I have added eggs to melted butter in a recipe before it cooled and cooked the eggs.

You have to laugh! There's nothing else to do.

For real. I was just kidding you. I hate that, especially if you've bought expensive ingredients, and/or it's for a special occasion. Been there, done that too! lol

Back