Culinary Disasters

For real. I was just kidding you. I hate that, especially if you've bought expensive ingredients, and/or it's for a special occasion. Been there, done that too! lol
Yea I bought real Italian ingredients. That is I used Pancetta at about $9/8 oz and a cup of grated Pecorino Romano (~$7). I also got free range eggs from the local Amish green market.

Arrrrgggghhhhh I was making Spaghetti Carbonera last night for dinner and I didn't temper the eggs properly and they scrambled. Arrrgggghhh!!! Instead of luscious smooth sauce I ended up with bacon and eggs on spaghetti. MY wife had to stop me from doing the Huffy Toss with the entire pan.

#Firstworldproblems

Arrrrgggghhhhh I was making Spaghetti Carbonera last night for dinner and I didn't temper the eggs properly and they scrambled. Arrrgggghhh!!! Instead of luscious smooth sauce I ended up with bacon and eggs on spaghetti. MY wife had to stop me from doing the Huffy Toss with the entire pan.

I bet your wife is a good cook. You can be honest here. Amma right?

Indeed she does. She makes the best spring rolls you ever ate and her spicy dumplings are to die for. Some of her Filipino recipes are an acquired taste but many are very good like adobo or bisteak. She has a recipe for Bass and Tilapia that’s very good. I like too cool too and I’m pretty good at it.

What about those tiny sorta like egg roll things...? Talupa or something.... I love that!

Indeed she does. She makes the best spring rolls you ever ate and her spicy dumplings are to die for. Some of her Filipino recipes are an acquired taste but many are very good like adobo or bisteak. She has a recipe for Bass and Tilapia that’s very good. I like too cool too and I’m pretty good at it.

For the love of God, man, DON'T eat tilapia.

You axing or telling?

"Axing" lol

It was rhetorical.

I remember back a century or so ago when Paul Harvey discovered the fish as a commercial farming enterprise. He was amazed that it took less than a pound of feed to bring a pound of fish to market. When I heard that I assumed that he was confused, maybe talking dry weight vs, wet weight kind of thing. Then I learned that they are farmed along with salmon or other clean water fish in the pond (or ponds) downstream and therefore used to as part of the wastewater treatment process...

Back