Cult movies

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
I need some good suggestions for cult movies. I currently have Donnie Darko, Tank Girl, Heavy Metal 2000. The original Heavy Metal is also on my list, but finding a copy is currently impossible.

I need some good suggestions for cult movies. I currently have Donnie Darko, Tank Girl, Heavy Metal 2000. The original Heavy Metal is also on my list, but finding a copy is currently impossible.

Heavy Metal CD's on E-Bay, from $12.00 and up.

I'd suggest Fritz the Cat.

Re-Animator-the unrated version
The Evil Dead
Dead Alive
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
Phantasm

...don't watch the first three unless you have a REALLY strong stomach.

Plan 9 From Outer Space - ranked worst movie of all time but it's a lie, it's actually so bad it's funny and what made it a cult classic, watch it here free:

Good choices, though I don't think "The Gods Must be Crazy" is a cult film. Still good, but not a cult film.

Anything good, though usually somethin actiony or zombie related.

Rocky Horror is pretty bizarre; it was replayed sometime over the Christmas break. This was Susan Sarandon's first film role, BTW.

I went to a screening of it when I was in D.C. The antics of the audience (well, those leading the rituals) were beyond what I'd heard about and were pretty stupid and irrelevant to the film. Best to see it on your own or at home with friends.

Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is great too, though not what I'd call a cult film. You have to be feeling very strong emotionally to see it. It follows someone's descent into psychotic depression.

Back