Cult movies

Okay, Cult flicks... in no particular order.

a. This Is Spinal Tap
b. Freaks (This film is oooooold but weird)
c. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
d. Repo Man
e. Plan 9 From Outer Space (another very oldie, funny line: "And remember, my friends, future events such as these will affect you in the future.")
f. The Warriors (One of my favorites) "Warriors... come out and plaaaaay!"
g. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971 version)
h. Dawn of the Dead (1978 version, I mentioned this before.
i. The Big Lebowski (One of my faves)
j. Faces of Death Vol. 1

a. This Is Spinal Tap
d. Repo Man
e. Plan 9 From Outer Space (another very oldie, funny line: "And remember, my friends, future events such as these will affect you in the future.")
j. Faces of Death Vol. 1
I'm going to have to vote no on the TCSM. I can't believe I forgot Spinal Tap, Lebowski, or The Warriors.'

This is why I posted the thread. To jog my memory.

I need some good suggestions for cult movies. I currently have Donnie Darko, Tank Girl, Heavy Metal 2000. The original Heavy Metal is also on my list, but finding a copy is currently impossible.
I can't believe someone hasn't suggested Harold and Maude. Probably the greatest love story ever made into a movie. It's about a young rich kid who is into necrophelia. His mother keeps trying to set him up with dates and he discourages her by faking suicide in dramatic (and very imaginative fashion. The pool scene on the diving board will make you heave a lung!). Harolds hobby's include attending funerals of strangers. His mother buys him a Jaguar to peek in interest into cars. He converts in into a hearse. While attending a funeral he meets Maude (Ruth Gordon of Any Which Way but Loose and Rosemary's Baby fame), a 70 year old car thief who steels his jag/hearse. It's love at first site.

Last edited:
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, and it's semi-sequal, Snatch. And Tenacious D and POD.

Ha, I just watched Snatch last night!!

Oh, and Damo, I thought of Plan 9, too, but I wasn't sure if it counted. Plan 9 from Outerspace is ranked as the worst movie ever made, which is why everyone should see it (its actually a fun trip, and you will no doubt be thinking of much worse movies that you have seen the whole time). Basically, because Ed Wood was such a cheapass, is why the movie is hated, and it didn't help that Bela Lagosi died after the opening scene and was replaced by Wood's wife's chiropractor. Watch for gravestones falling over, and a cemetary located right down the street from a set when it should actually be accross town!!

I can't believe someone hasn't suggested Harold and Maude. Probably the greatest love story ever made into a movie. It's about a young rich kid who is into necrophelia. His mother keeps trying to set him up with dates and he discourages her by faking suicide in dramatic (and very imaginative fashion. The pool scene on the diving board will make you heave a lung!). Harolds hobby's include attending funerals of strangers. His mother buys him a Jaguar to peek in interest into cars. He converts in into a hearse. While attending a funeral he meets Maude (Ruth Gordon of Any Which Way but Loose fame), a 70 year old car thief who steels his jag/hearse. It's love at first site.
It's already been mentioned.

Did anyone say "Night of the Living Dead"? Is that the one with the pods that burst and clones of existing townspeople take over their bodies?

I remember an old, old horror movie called "Ingston Towers" only because at about age 12 I was babysitting my younger sisters while my parents were out and spent the evening literally backed into a chair in the corner, almost rigid with dread, until they came home, because that movie had been aired. All these years later I still remember the name of it.

a. This Is Spinal Tap
d. Repo Man
j. Faces of Death Vol. 1

The Warriors!!
One of my all time favorites.
It hasn't been on the tube, for quite a while now.

Definitely. What a totally weird, off the wall trip. Fuckin weirdest movie I've ever seen. Way weirder than anything else out there. Nothing comes even close.

Then you've never seen "The Begotten"

Or check out "The Forbidden Zone"

You want off the wall? There ya go...

Trust me, I have a strong stomach.

it's got it all:

One zombie cat...

One bonesaw through the chest...

Exploding torsos...

The severed, re-animated head of the film's villain, forcing "himself" on a lovely naked young woman.

Plus...it's all based on an HP Lovecraft story...BONUS!!

it's got it all:

One zombie cat...

One bonesaw through the chest...

Exploding torsos...

The severed, re-animated head of the film's villain, forcing "himself" on a lovely naked young woman.

Plus...it's all based on an HP Lovecraft story...BONUS!!
The Lovecraft part sold it.

Back