Day Of Rest.

why cant PR understand that unions do what their members want them to do.

That is what the members said they would be willing to work on sunday for.

Why do unions get their employees to earn double wages on Sundays? Not just time and a half but double time.

What's so special about Sundays?

I get straight time for Sundays.

EDIT: and Saturdays too... the only days we get time and a half are State Holidays.....and if the Holiday falls on our assigned day off...we have to take the holiday as it falls and they ASSIGN us a breakday on a "stack" day(one day/week when all three rotations are working....it's either a Thursday or a Friday, depending on which week in the pay period the Holiday falls...on pay weeks, It's Friday....off weeks it's Thursday.)

Out of curiosity, how many troll threads does it take before Rule 14 is invoked?

Nine million.

What makes this a troll thread? Philly is stupid, not a troll. I know you love to bandy that term about for everyone whom you politically disagree with, but it doesn't apply in 99% of your use of it.

Read your rules, dumbass.

To me, he is posting this thread - and the evince thread he started today - to " Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk." So when Howey brought this up as a troll thread, thought I'd ask.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Of course it's a troll thread, but Billy gets his rocks off on troll threads because he can act all high and mighty.

Rules on this forum are inconsequential as long as they're so ambiguous the actual interpretation is ip in the air.

The only rule here that matters (for legal reasons) is that you cannot call someone a paedophile unless you're Pauli007001. Of course, one thing that IS ILLEGAL to state categorically someone has AIDS but on here that's ok.

Of course it's a troll thread, but Billy gets his rocks off on troll threads because he can act all high and mighty.

Rules on this forum are inconsequential as long as they're so ambiguous the actual interpretation is ip in the air.

The only rule here that matters (for legal reasons) is that you cannot call someone a paedophile unless you're Pauli007001. Of course, one thing that IS ILLEGAL to state categorically someone has AIDS but on here that's ok.

Yeah... although I hear posting someone else's personal info is also reason to get banned for awhile... but mostly arbitrary sounds right.

Christian bigotry. They think their day is more important than any other day.

Also, christians get special privileges in this country. They've been able to push their agenda so that their group gets treated differently.

Granted, they are pretty good at it. But it's still special privileges for christians.

So America at least used to be a Christian country and the claim that it never was by progressives isn't true.

Is that correct?

I work both Saturdays and Sundays....most of them....I get every third weekend off.

Remember when Jesus healed on the Sabbath and the Pharisees condemned him for it? What did he say?

Seeing how you wouldn't answer the question, I'll answer it for you.

If you work in an office all week and you also work Sundays, that means you do it in front of your personal computer at home because the office is closed.

So America at least used to be a Christian country and the claim that it never was by progressives isn't true.

Is that correct?

Nope, it has a secular government, it's population claims to be Christian, but most are in name only, not even half the population attends a service and in Colonial days it was a mere 10%

Seeing how you wouldn't answer the question, I'll answer it for you.

If you work in an office all week and you also work Sundays, that means you do it in front of your personal computer at home because the office is closed.

Oh....your strawman didn't work, so you moved the goalposts....nice.

EDIT: What didn't I answer? I answered every question you ales of me.

Where the fuck is Sunday off a majority thing? I mean, my shop closes down Sundays, but I'd say 90% of businesses here are working.

Peg pants, you're trying to divert the topic again.

Some union shops have workers who get double time on Sundays (All working hours over 40 hours will pay the employee at a time and a half rate of his hourly wage) others have their employees get double time and a half on Sundays and still a few others have their employees get triple time on Sundays.

That isn't the point. The point of this post is where the Sunday off for workers originated and why.

You need to get out of the humanities classes and get into the real world for a big change. Your lame attempts at diversion are comical.

good point.

And a lot of people have to work Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. Hospitals, security firms, restaurants, movie theaters, fire fighters, police officers....

I didn't say they didn't.

The post is about how the tradition of Sunday off started and especially why it started.

The progressives and their attempt at historical revision and their claim that America was never a Christian NATION, not a Christian government is being debunked here by yours truly.

To me, he is posting this thread - and the evince thread he started today - to " Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk." So when Howey brought this up as a troll thread, thought I'd ask.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

That Jersey Shore thread is where it's supposed to be, in the war zone.

Stop trying to get the moderator to ban me because one of your own is getting roasted over there by me.

You're here now and there isn't anything trollish about this thread.

good point.

And a lot of people have to work Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. Hospitals, security firms, restaurants, movie theaters, fire fighters, police officers....

Precisely.

My wife works for a company that closes on Christmas and Easter because the company was founded by Christians, nevertheless, it still remains open and employs THOUSANDS of workers each and every single Sunday of the year.

Back