DEBATE CHAMPIONSHIP II

mott I wish you would debate so I could mop the floor with you o_O

everyone is afraid to debate now that I am jumping into the ring. Everyone trying to flock for the judge position because they know how badly they will lose ;)
To be honest with you Grind, you do the least amount of debating of any of the Younguns. It wouldn't surprize me in the least if you were the first Youngun to lose.

To be honest with you, I haven't gotten over how the first debate got of the a truly great start with some really great debates only to be destroyed by one inconsiderate person seated as a judge......I'm far more interested in making sure that doesn't happen again by being a judge myself. It hink that SF, Damo and Myself will make an excellent judging panel as I think all three of us can be trusted to be fair, be objective and show up to do the job.

To be honest with you Grind, you do the least amount of debating of any of the Younguns. It wouldn't surprize me in the least if you were the first Youngun to lose.

To be honest with you, I haven't gotten over how the first debate got of the a truly great start with some really great debates only to be destroyed by one inconsiderate person seated as a judge......I'm far more interested in making sure that doesn't happen again by being a judge myself. It hink that SF, Damo and Myself will make an excellent judging panel as I think all three of us can be trusted to be fair, be objective and show up to do the job.

While I think you would be fair, you are also a dumbass from Ohio. Which means the debaters would have to stick to one syllable words with links to the dictionary to help you out.... that might take the fun out of it for them.

mott I wish you would debate so I could mop the floor with you o_O

everyone is afraid to debate now that I am jumping into the ring. Everyone trying to flock for the judge position because they know how badly they will lose ;)

lol... yeah... it must be fear.... fear of some of the dumbass topics you came up with last time for the first round. Cats vs. Dogs.... stellar.

lol... yeah... it must be fear.... fear of some of the dumbass topics you came up with last time for the first round. Cats vs. Dogs.... stellar.
Hey....we had to be fair and provide a topic within the intellectual limitations of righ wingers. Dogs and Cats fit that beautifully! :)

Thanks for admitting your personal bias and that you looked for style over substance.

See how easily I trounced you?

See what I mean, folks? He's a fucking retard! I still don't know what he means by "bias," other than that I hope the Youngins win (which, most of us being libertarians, I suppose means I am biased towards libertarian contestants).

Those left at the end were... Myself, Billy and Three.... how many liberals is that Mott? Even YOU are capable of counting that high.
I wouldn't exactly describe any of you three as "Right wingers". Billy is a libertarian and 3D is a horny blue collar conservative and you're a garden variety idiot. ;-)

mott I am fully capable of debating when I choose too. I am so good I have exhalted myself above petty debates these days. You are fogetting all the old days of fp and politics.com. I am so sad I wont crush you :(

actually that was the ohian as well superfreak. I didn't come up with any of the debate topics. I think I explained this to people like 50 times last year and people still were too fucking stupid to understand it.

Come to think of it.... I may have come up with a topic here and there, but it was none of the retarded cats vs. dog type questions

lol... you barely squeaked by me last time.... and it was on a topic you should have dominated given it was on gun laws and you had the side of the argument we both agree with.... yet you still came close to losing.

Not to toot my own horn but I won without the vote of one judge entirely.

actually that was the ohian as well superfreak. I didn't come up with any of the debate topics. I think I explained this to people like 50 times last year and people still were too fucking stupid to understand it.

Come to think of it.... I may have come up with a topic here and there, but it was none of the retarded cats vs. dog type questions
Actually for the first debate......there was lots of second guessing and arm chair quarter backing, but since no one else was willing to take the initiative to organize the debate(s), I take the criticisms with a grain of salt.

I made only one significant error organizing the first debate. I appointed Annie as a judge and she singled handedly ruined the first contest meaning 3D (and no reflection on him) pretty much won by default. Still...a win is a win.

As for the topics. I took them all from a conservative debating forum (no kidding)....including the dogs vs cats topic. That particular topic was listed on their site (this was their rational and I agree) because for many, like SF, a sense of humor is an intellectual short coming and that topic was chosen as it was intended to weed out contestants who don't have one. So I can certainly see where SF would loath such a topic. My suggestion to the debate organizer is that you choose at least one whimsical/humorous topic for just such a reason, that some people are intellectually handicapped by lacking a sense of humor. There can be two positive outcomes from such a topic. Since a "sense of humor" is indicative of higher intelligence, someone lacking one would be eliminated (that's a positive) and someone with a sense of humor will give us all a much needed laugh ( and that's also a positive). The purpose of the debate is for the winner to demonstrate well rounded rhetorical skills and not just a narrow one. If you cant' think on your feet when thrown a curve ball.....you don't deserve to win.

See what I mean, folks? He's a fucking retard! I still don't know what he means by "bias," other than that I hope the Youngins win (which, most of us being libertarians, I suppose means I am biased towards libertarian contestants).
You're sounding more and more like Taichliberal, talking to some audience like that after I pwn you. Next you need to call me a racist then put me on ignore. :)

mott you did a lot last year, you basically put it together. So I gave you plenty of awesome credit. That said, I don't mind throwing you under the bus either when people disagree with something ;)

Post 29 you said "you're [sic] debating usually sucks."
Post 30 I replied "That's just your biased opinion because you hate my positions."
Post 31 you then stated "No, I look for good debating styles in all posters, left, right, and centre [sic]. Asshate and Wanderingbare suck at debating, for example..."
And I pwn you in post 37: "Thanks for admitting your personal bias and that you looked for style over substance."

:)

Back