debate "winners"

lmao....

who are the judges again?

I agree with Nigel beating Damo, and it looks as though Solitary will beat Bravo. But the judges were clealy biased against Watermark when they arbitrarily, and for no real debate reasons, declared Mott the winner of Round 1.

lol...all liberals are winning

maybe i'm wrong, but it seems the voting is based up on whether you agree with the argument and not based upon the ability to articulate your reasons in the debate

this has to be said before i lose :)

maybe i'm wrong, but it seems the voting is based up on whether you agree with the argument and not based upon the ability to articulate your reasons in the debate

I'm not exactly a liberal. I consider myself a moderate.

And I am certainly not a fan of rap music. Personally, I think it is one step below disco music.

I believe Grind has alluded to our 'reasoning' being posted after the debates are finished.

I guess I'm the 'conservative.' Grind is 'moderate' to my way of thinking. Apple, is well liberal.

For me, and from what I've seen of some of the reasoning given, it's really about the debate format given, not position or partisanship.

Yurt, you have an ace case to make.

There was a debate between two liberals, a liberal and a conservative, and a libertarian and a retard. Conservatives have really only lost one debate.

For me at least of the last 2 out of 3 debates the majority of my votes went in the direction that I disagree with most commonly *shrug*

For me at least of the last 2 out of 3 debates the majority of my votes went in the direction that I disagree with most commonly *shrug*

So only 1/3 of the debate winners were arguing what you actually believe?

Wonder what Dixie will say to that. Since 1/3 can be defined without a remainder.

what is the score sheet? points for this and that....what are the categories etc....

Judges have 3pts each to award

1pt is awarded to best opening statement
1pt is awarded to best rebuttal
1 pt is awarded to best answer/question combination.

Judges have 3pts each to award

1pt is awarded to best opening statement
1pt is awarded to best rebuttal
1 pt is awarded to best answer/question combination.

this should have been made know at the beginning. and btw...that is a weak score sheet.....you need a spread....say one to five....that way when there are 3 judges, all scores are unique and somewhat spread out....

this should have been made know at the beginning. and btw...that is a weak score sheet.....you need a spread....say one to five....that way when there are 3 judges, all scores are unique and somewhat spread out....

If I am not mistaken, it was posted at the beginning of the official debate thread, along with the schedules of who is participating.

Back