Dinner last night.

Ross Dolan

Contributor
While reading this, keep in mind that I dislike when someone uses hyperbole to get across a point that could just as easily be made using non-hyperbolic language.

Having said that, though, last night I made the greatest, most delicious Philly cheese steak sandwich that has ever been made by anyone, anywhere at any time since the sandwich was invented in the late 1930’s.

It was magnificent and I ate the whole thing myself. (Nancy does not like them.) All this, despite the fact that I am a GIANTS fan…and think Philly sucks…big time.

27-276939_giants-football-clipart-ny-giants-helmet-logo.png

While reading this, keep in mind that I dislike when someone uses hyperbole to get across a point that could just as easily be made using non-hyperbolic language.

Having said that, though, last night I made the greatest, most delicious Philly cheese steak sandwich that has ever been made by anyone, anywhere at any time since the sandwich was invented in the late 1930’s.

It was magnificent and I ate the whole thing myself. (Nancy does not like them.) All this, despite the fact that I am a GIANTS fan…and think Philly sucks…big time.

I would have thought you Michiganders were all Lions fans.

Whiz wit?

Well good for you, Frankus! What did you use for the meat? I think last time we used sirloin steak, and I sliced it thin after refrigerating it.

Well good for you, Frankus! What did you use for the meat? I think last time we used sirloin steak, and I sliced it thin after refrigerating it.

I used steak (nicely marbled)...and I put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then I sliced it very thin.

I like to make Philly steak rather than getting them out. Vendors always overcook the peppers and onions. I like the peppers and onions to have a bite to them.

What did I have last night? It was kinda crazy, but really good...:thinking:

Oh! Fried cheese with pepperoni bacon, turkey, mayo, and lettuce on white bread. (out of tomato)

I used steak (nicely marbled)...and I put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then I sliced it very thin.

I like to make Philly steak rather than getting them out. Vendors always overcook the peppers and onions. I like the peppers and onions to have a bite to them.
I do as well, I hate mushy veggies! Thanks for the freezer tip.

I like ribeye, but it’s my favorite cut of steak
About 4 times/year, our grocery chain runs rib roasts on sale for $4.95/lb. I fill the freezer.

I used to make them in the oven as a roast, often just for two of us. We both like the end, so I used to cut the roasts to 2 ribs.

Now I just cut them into steaks, season with crushed garlic, coarse salt, and freshly ground onion powder.

I cook them on a wood fire, and everyone that now orders prime rib in a restaurant or wedding says the same thing..."your grilled rib eye is much better".

I don't eat a lot of meat, so when I do it's usually the rib eyes. We do eat pork ribs regularly, including every April 11 which marks the day I fell on a job and fractured 7 ribs!

I jokingly (or not) tell people that whenever my GF starts to be nice to me I feed her meat in order to make her mean again ;)

Nothing wrong with that. Kinda overkill for Philly Cheesesteak, though.
Yea...you can use london broil.

But if (like us) you have leftover rib eye it's great for a number of dishes. We typically make pepper steak/onions the next day.

I used to be a big Giants fans. They beat the Bears for the titles in 1956. I think the Lions waon in 1957. I remember that fairly well, although I was a young kid at the time.
Then the Giants lost two title games to Baltimore, blew the division to Philadelphia, lost two title games to Green Bay, and then another to Chicago.

That's when it occurred to me that, hey, we now have our own team in Boston now so fuck the Giants.

Fast forward to center Sean O'Hara blatantly holding Richard Seymour during the helmet catch that cost us our perfect season, and now I've come full circle to absolutely hating the Giants.

That said, though, almost everybody loves a good cheese steak.

Yea...you can use london broil.

But if (like us) you have leftover rib eye it's great for a number of dishes. We typically make pepper steak/onions the next day.

You can also use flank steak....which I have. I BBQ flank steak for a dinner...and then use any leftovers for the Philly steak on another night.

Back