Dinner last night.

First Pass was a bowl of cubed stuffing, wilted greens, and 15 beans with ham hocks...doused liberally with Crystal.

Cornbread on the side.

YUM!

While reading this, keep in mind that I dislike when someone uses hyperbole to get across a point that could just as easily be made using non-hyperbolic language.

Having said that, though, last night I made the greatest, most delicious Philly cheese steak sandwich that has ever been made by anyone, anywhere at any time since the sandwich was invented in the late 1930’s.

It was magnificent and I ate the whole thing myself. (Nancy does not like them.) All this, despite the fact that I am a GIANTS fan…and think Philly sucks…big time.

27-276939_giants-football-clipart-ny-giants-helmet-logo.png

Apparently you survived dinner. Better luck next time

Yup...that is what the best use. And Cheese Whiz is just melted "American cheese"...which is what I use. Actually, I use the patties that are sold in the Latino stores. They may not be real cheese, but the give the flavor I, and the Philly Cheese pros, want.

:nono: Provolone or Mozzarella or Italian blend or go fuck your mother! If you really must have something similar, use Gouda. Anything "American cheese" is NOT cheese.

:nono: Provolone or Mozzarella or Italian blend or go fuck your mother! If you really must have something similar, use Gouda. Anything "American cheese" is NOT cheese.

I am pretty sure that legally they cant call it cheese, it is "processed cheese food".

And it is fab on a breakfast egg sammich.

I adore leftovers....firstly I dont need to cook and secondly there are lots of things that are better after aging a day or so. My current cup of 15 bean soup with ham hock is one such thing.

Back