Dinner last night.

I'm putting 2 in my next pot of Spanish Bean Soup. A rack of beef ribs, too.

That's, later..next for me is making burritos.

R U MY SOCK?

I just minutes ago finished my 15 bean and ham hock soup, I still have 4 glorious beed ribs left.....but I am bored so I am currently making a chorizo and bean filling for burritos....and when I say chorizo I mean the tubes from the factory that include lymph nodes a salvatory glans.

R U MY SOCK?

I just minutes ago finished my 15 bean and ham hock soup, I still have 4 glorious beed ribs left.....but I am bored so I am currently making a chorizo and bean filling for burritos....and when I say chorizo I mean the tubes from the factory that include lymph nodes a salvatory glans.

Eww. I only use good Cuban Chorizo.
Sounds like that Mexican stuff.

Oh snap! I just got that.

iu

I've only been saying it for three years now...

SMART!

I have never in my life let a ham bone go to waste.

Ham bones are among the greatest things ever to come into cooking. Bean soup made with them...eaten with a nice crusty Italian or French bread is truly what the nectar of the GODS is. They are not always available, though, and I have found that (large) smoked ham hocks make a very adequate substitute. In fact, since I can get those extra large hocks at a store near me, I often find myself pleased that a ham bone is not available. Unfortunately, no matter how big the smoked hocks are, you always end up with less ham using them rather than the ham bones. (And I find I am addicted to the decidedly unhealthy habit of eating the skin and other fatty parts of the hocks.)

Ham bones are among the greatest things ever to come into cooking. Bean soup made with them...eaten with a nice crusty Italian or French bread is truly what the nectar of the GODS is. They are not always available, though, and I have found that (large) smoked ham hocks make a very adequate substitute. In fact, since I can get those extra large hocks at a store near me, I often find myself pleased that a ham bone is not available. Unfortunately, no matter how big the smoked hocks are, you always end up with less ham using them rather than the ham bones. (And I find I am addicted to the decidedly unhealthy habit of eating the skin and other fatty parts of the hocks.)
Ham hocks are the best...growing up we used to call it soup beans...and always had it with cornbread, greens, and sometimes fried potatoes...
(Just fyi...Honey Baked Ham sells their bones...after the holidays if you've got one near you, get a couple...they're so good...I do smoke them before we use them but even if you don't....)

You might be interested to know that we had a bit of trouble finding ham hocks this time, and what we ended up with were small and with little meat. With the way the food shortages are not getting better out here I am so glad that we bought a deep freezer at the start of the pandemic. We keep it all the way full even though we eat maybe 1/3 what we used to my wife and I.

You might be interested to know that we had a bit of trouble finding ham hocks this time, and what we ended up with were small and with little meat. With the way the food shortages are not getting better out here I am so glad that we bought a deep freezer at the start of the pandemic. We keep it all the way full even though we eat maybe 1/3 what we used to my wife and I.

No, No one gives a fuck.

No, No one gives a fuck.

You are an asshole, Guille. You obviously have nothing to contribute here...so why not just get the hell out of the thread. There are plenty of others you can pollute that at least deal with something you can reasonably hate on.

Last night i had a nuclear meat loaf with colby jack melted on top sandwich.

Might do that again tonight! It was good! :D

You are an asshole, Guille. You obviously have nothing to contribute here...so why not just get the hell out of the thread. There are plenty of others you can pollute that at least deal with something you can reasonably hate on.

He has long had a hard on for me, I routinely get 20-30 quote messages a day from him, almost none of which I read, having almost never finding him worth reading.

I am without a doubt an asshole...but so are you four-putt. I remember when you joined this forum, you looked for people to ridicule so you could "build cred."

Don't deny it, you did it.

As for contributing, I have contributed far more than you have.

I am without a doubt an asshole...but so are you four-putt. I remember when you joined this forum, you looked for people to ridicule so you could "build cred."

You take so much more than you give.

I do not know what in the hell you are talking about with the "build cred" bullshit. If you want to offer a few examples, we can discuss it. If you just want to make an accusation because you want to "build cred" for yourself...you can shove those accusations up your ass.

I am happy we have reached agreement on at least one issue...you most definitely are an asshole.

But, in disagreement, I suggest that you have "contributed" almost nothing to the forum with the constant one line put-downs that are your clownish stock-in-trade.

While reading this, keep in mind that I dislike when someone uses hyperbole to get across a point that could just as easily be made using non-hyperbolic language.

Having said that, though, last night I made the greatest, most delicious Philly cheese steak sandwich that has ever been made by anyone, anywhere at any time since the sandwich was invented in the late 1930’s.

It was magnificent and I ate the whole thing myself. (Nancy does not like them.) All this, despite the fact that I am a GIANTS fan…and think Philly sucks…big time.

27-276939_giants-football-clipart-ny-giants-helmet-logo.png

Super Bowl XLII will always be the unscaleable wall between us, Frank.

Steak and buttermilk marinated chicken breast cooked over Kingsford flavors charcoal.
Mexican corn
Rhodes white bread dough chopped and coated with dried mince onion, garlic powder and chili powder
Puree of sweet potato
Red beans and rice
selection of deserts from Macrina Bakery Seattle
A very good red wine

Back