Dinner last night.

Tonight: Potato pancakes, hot sausage patties and loads of sour cream.

I know, I did not forget that I am diabetic.

In my defense I have looked into potatoes, in part because I have adored them ever since I started eating solids.....I dont feel like I understand them... and I doubt that the "experts" do either.

The sour cream was fine....they lie to us about fat and cholesterol.

Heads Up!:

Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey (dark meat) pot pie is on tap for tomorrow, one of the very few times I use some of the stoneware from Pampered Chef.

What a waste of money that was.

This pot pie is so awesome. This is the one thing that I have found that stoneware is better at than all of the other options. Not a good enough reason to buy it, but still!

Crust is by Crisco.

This was a 21 pounder, we bought it Nov 2021........we always keep one in the freezer.....so I had more guts than I needed by quite a lot.

Turkey Noodle Soup is now on the plan!

Request from WOMAN.

The days when Americans could assume that they could find what they wanted on a trip to a....as in one....grocery store are over....and they will stay over.

This is so sad.

We make a whiteboard list.....WIFE shops on Sat (She likes it)...often she goes to three stores now....what she cant find goes back on the list for next week.

Veg became cauliflower and spinach in a delicious cheese sauce. God Damn the frozen veg units have shrunk.....this is so bad for the planet all of this packaging with so little payload.

Tonight; Chicken Stew

Boil whole chicken, cool, debone, reserve liquid.

To liquid add 3 large onions, chopped, carrots diced to taste, I like a lot of carrots, and chopped celery,
add bay leaf salt and pepper to taste. Boil until carrots are soft and add chicken meat. Thicken gravy with rue.

Serve over boiled potatoes with cranberry sauce.

This recipe can be varied in many ways, but this is how I like it.

Tonight:

Roasted pork tenderloin sandwich on either hamburger bun or pretzel roll, Slut is currently at Safeway.

Beefy mushroom soup made from leftover mushroom gravy, which originally went over the pork and gnocchi.

Broc slaw with raisins and granny smith.

In my defense I have looked into potatoes, in part because I have adored them ever since I started eating solids.....I dont feel like I understand them... and I doubt that the "experts" do either.

The sour cream was fine....they lie to us about fat and cholesterol.

Fact potatoes jack up your sugar,all starches do!

This was a 21 pounder, we bought it Nov 2021........we always keep one in the freezer.....so I had more guts than I needed by quite a lot.

Turkey Noodle Soup is now on the plan!

Request from WOMAN.

Ever since I started buying fresh turkey, I don't buy frozen anymore, they are that much better fresh!

Doesn't work like that! The only way to dampen the sugar spike is don't eat the sugar/starch!

Wrong. The several decades of pushing diabetics to go low fat was always complete BS...as all the efforts to get people to cut fats, which has a lot to do with the current diabetes outbreak.

Wrong. The several decades of pushing diabetics to go low fat was always complete BS...as all the efforts to get people to cut fats, which has a lot to do with the current diabetes outbreak.

I didn't say a thing of low fat! When you cut carbs you have to up fats for the energy you lose by cutting carbs!

I didn't say a thing of low fat! When you cut carbs you have to up fats for the energy you lose by cutting carbs!

When you eat a lot of carbs make sure to intake fat. The experts will not tell you that, they tell us to always eat as little fat as possible. They know better, they lie to us.

Back