Dinosaurs From Space!

They moved out of area 51 a long time ago.

It became too well known.

Have you ever been there?

I have.

You're a fucking liar. If you held a clearance high enough to go there, admitting you went there would violate the clearance.
Haver you ever held a top secret clearance? I have.

You're a fucking liar. If you held a clearance high enough to go there, admitting you went there would violate the clearance.
Have you ever held a top secret clearance? I have.

I've been there but wasn't invited in.

We were actually arrested for trespassing.

Never even made it to the base

They did drop the charges but being face down in the dirt with M-16s pointed at you isn't fun.

If the universe is indeed infinite,
one would then suspect that intelligent life forms almost have to exist somewhere other than here.

Since no other planet in our own solar system is capable of hosting life similar to our own,
these other lifeforms would live too far away for us to ever experience contact with them.

That being the case,
there's really not a practical reason to have a great deal of curiosity about them.

Want to know what is within a reasonable distance from where I am now?
Donuts.
I suddenly crave them.

If the universe is indeed infinite,
one would then suspect that intelligent life forms almost have to exist somewhere other than here.

Since no other planet in our own solar system is capable of hosting life similar to our own,
these other lifeforms would live too far away for us to ever experience contact with them.

That being the case,
there's really not a practical reason to have a great deal of curiosity about them.

Want to know what is within a reasonable distance from where I am now?
Donuts.
I suddenly crave them.

Donuts are much more interesting than space men…or space dinosaurs for that matter. That’s my opinion anyway. ;)

You're free to believe your conspiracy theories, Tink. I'm fascinated by Abbie Normals and conspiracy theorists are at the top of my interest list.

What I'm most curious about isn't a particular person's POV, but the common links between conspiracy theorists.

Conspiracy theorists are not defined by their actions, they are labeled that by others who do not believe their information.

For instance, in the 30's many ships of Jews were turned back to Europe because we had met our quota of what we allowed in even though the Jews were warning us of what Hitler was doing.

They didn't believe them, essentially saying they were conspiracy theorists, just making shit up.

We know how that turned out don't we?

My only problem with that approach is that one galaxy is not equal to another. The old galaxies and old stars are depleted in heavy elements, and you basically need to have carbon, iron, oxygen, phosphorus, nitrogen to have biology. A lot of galaxies out there might not have the requisite amounts of heavy elements to support biology.
Good points. It would be an average of galaxies. Obviously they need the building blocks. No heavier elements means no amino acids.

Not if they could control matter via mental power and sheer will....

tumblr_ouuji8XoaO1twzku7o2_400.gifv

85nReV.gif

That would be a benefit but since such powers have zero evidence of existing, I'm not going to worry about telekinetic dinosaurs invading the Earth. :)

Donuts are much more interesting than space men…or space dinosaurs for that matter. That’s my opinion anyway. ;)

More practical too.

The distances between the star indicates that star travel would be very difficult compared to driving down to Krispy Kreme.

Conspiracy theorists are not defined by their actions, they are labeled that by others who do not believe their information.

For instance, in the 30's many ships of Jews were turned back to Europe because we had met our quota of what we allowed in even though the Jews were warning us of what Hitler was doing.

They didn't believe them, essentially saying they were conspiracy theorists, just making shit up.

We know how that turned out don't we?
Conspiracy theorists are defined by their beliefs. The more fantastical, the more unstable they are, IMO.

You are free to believe all the world's technological nations are able to keep the Moon landing hoax and alien invasions a secret, but human nature proves that's highly unlikely. More likely is that the conspiracy theorists are kooks.

Even kookier is to claim that a Holocaust denier is equal to a Moon Landing hoax denier. :rofl2:

I am a skeptic at heart but also a believer so I would analyze the data and make a determination to the best of my ability.

I fully believe the government, and other governments, know far more than they are sharing with us.

But I also understand why.

If I led the government I wouldn't expose it either.

I don't think the government knows anymore about life on other worlds out there in the Universe anymore than you or me!

Our Solar System is so far away from any other Solar Systems, there is no way we would ever be able to reach them- 0r even communicate with them.

Just too many light years away- and the Solar Systems even in our own galaxy are moving farther apart, as space is believed to be expanding!

Conspiracy theorists are defined by their beliefs. The more fantastical, the more unstable they are, IMO.

You are free to believe all the world's technological nations are able to keep the Moon landing hoax and alien invasions a secret, but human nature proves that's highly unlikely. More likely is that the conspiracy theorists are kooks.

Even kookier is to claim that a Holocaust denier is equal to a Moon Landing hoax denier. :rofl2:

As I said, it's not a secret.

The governments have just made it out to be conspiracies if anyone challenges it.

They will label you crazy or insane and everyone else follows what they say.

The evidence is out there as I and others have shown time and again.

I don't think the government knows anymore about life on other worlds out there in the Universe anymore than you or me!

Our Solar System is so far away from any other Solar Systems, there is no way we would ever be able to reach them- 0r even communicate with them.

Just too many light years away- and the Solar Systems even in our own galaxy are moving farther apart, as space is believed to be expanding!

You are basing that on our technology.

If they have been alive for tens of millions of years wouldn't you expect their technology to be better than ours?

Perhaps them traveling here is very easy.

You are basing that on our technology.

If they have been alive for tens of millions of years wouldn't you expect their technology to be better than ours?

Perhaps them traveling here is very easy.

You've been watching too much Star Trek!

Warp Speed is nothing more than FICTION! There is no such thing!

As I said, it's not a secret.

The governments have just made it out to be conspiracies if anyone challenges it.

They will label you crazy or insane and everyone else follows what they say.

The evidence is out there as I and others have shown time and again.

Sweetcheeks, I haven't seen the "governments" label you crazy or insane. I'm the one doing that. :D

That would be a benefit but since such powers have zero evidence of existing, I'm not going to worry about telekinetic dinosaurs invading the Earth. :)

Well there is zero evidence of the existence of advanced, hyper-intelligent dinosaurs on other planets period, but you speculated on their need to have opposable thumbs.

:dunno:

Well there is zero evidence of the existence of advanced, hyper-intelligent dinosaurs on other planets period, but you speculated on their need to have opposable thumbs.

:dunno:

I speculated that any advanced race, dinosaurs or otherwise, would need opposable thumbs or similar digits for tool-making.

While it's possible for a race of intelligent dolphins to have long philosophical discussions about existence and the best fishing spots, they can't alter their environment without tools.

Good points. It would be an average of galaxies. Obviously they need the building blocks. No heavier elements means no amino acids.

For sure.

I tend to think we might be grossly overestimating the potential for life in the universe. The rate of star and galaxy formation dropped off rapidly a few billion years after the big bang, and so those early stars and galaxies are mostly just hydrogen and helium. Supposedly our solar system inherited a lot of heavy elements because our star is relatively young and formed in a stellar nebular enriched in heavy elements because of a supernova in this region of space about five billion years ago.

For sure.

I tend to think we might be grossly overestimating the potential for life in the universe. The rate of star and galaxy formation dropped off rapidly a few billion years after the big bang, and so those early stars and galaxies are mostly just hydrogen and helium. Supposedly our solar system inherited a lot of heavy elements because our star is relatively young and formed in a stellar nebular enriched in heavy elements because of a supernova in this region of space about five billion years ago.

That's my understanding also. The inner stars at the galaxy core are generally lacking in heavy elements along with being older. Type 1, younger, versus Type 2, older.

https://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/infocom/The Website/star types.html
Astronomers traditionally divide stars into two rough classes, called Type I and Type II. Type I stars are richer in "dirt" (that is, elements heavier than helium) than Type II stars are, primarily because the Type I stars are younger....

... The Sun is composed of about 1.5% "dirt", whereas Type II stars can have as little as one quarter-millionth as much as this.

https://astronomy.stackexchange.com/questions/145/milky-way-galaxy-from-earth
uJbpS.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_population
Artist's conception of the spiral structure of the Milky Way showing Baade's general population categories. The blue regions in the spiral arms are composed of the younger population I stars, while the yellow stars in the central bulge are the older population II stars. In reality, many population I stars are also found mixed in with the older population II stars.

That's my understanding also. The inner stars at the galaxy core are generally lacking in heavy elements along with being older. Type 1, younger, versus Type 2, older.

https://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/infocom/The Website/star types.html
Astronomers traditionally divide stars into two rough classes, called Type I and Type II. Type I stars are richer in "dirt" (that is, elements heavier than helium) than Type II stars are, primarily because the Type I stars are younger....

... The Sun is composed of about 1.5% "dirt", whereas Type II stars can have as little as one quarter-millionth as much as this.

https://astronomy.stackexchange.com/questions/145/milky-way-galaxy-from-earth
uJbpS.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_population
Artist's conception of the spiral structure of the Milky Way showing Baade's general population categories. The blue regions in the spiral arms are composed of the younger population I stars, while the yellow stars in the central bulge are the older population II stars. In reality, many population I stars are also found mixed in with the older population II stars.

Our junior high science teachers told us that our sun was a totally average and boringly normal star.

That supposition can be challenged in a number of ways.

Back