Dinosaurs From Space!

Up to 2/3s died of the Black Death. What history books are you reading?

https://www.britannica.com/event/Black-Death
Black Death, pandemic that ravaged Europe between 1347 and 1351, taking a proportionately greater toll of life than any other known epidemic or war up to that time....

...Anti-Semitism greatly intensified throughout Europe as Jews were blamed for the spread of the Black Death. A wave of violent pogroms ensued, and entire Jewish communities were killed by mobs or burned at the stake en masse....

...The study of contemporary archives suggests a mortality varying in the different regions between one-eighth and two-thirds of the population, and the French chronicler Jean Froissart’s statement that about one-third of Europe’s population died in the epidemic may be fairly accurate. The population in England in 1400 was perhaps half what it had been 100 years earlier; in that country alone, the Black Death certainly caused the depopulation or total disappearance of about 1,000 villages. A rough estimate is that 25 million people in Europe died from plague during the Black Death. The population of western Europe did not again reach its pre-1348 level until the beginning of the 16th century.

Yes, and then it stopped because we developed immunity to it.

We don't even need the vaccine anymore except for those in high risk exposures to it.

We developed immunity and passed it along to future generations without having to rely on a vaccine.

This means the disease cannot ever hit us like it did before.

Yes, and then it stopped because we developed immunity to it.

We don't even need the vaccine anymore except for those in high risk exposures to it.

We developed immunity and passed it along to future generations without having to rely on a vaccine.

This means the disease cannot ever hit us like it did before.
There's no "we" dear. The survivors may have been immune, but that immunity hasn't been passed along. Bubonic plague still exists and you can get very sick and die from it without modern medical treatment.

Again, where are you getting your information from?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plague/symptoms-causes/syc-20351291
Plague is a serious illness caused by a germ called Yersinia pestis. The germs mostly live in small rodents and their fleas. The most common way for humans to get plague is a flea bite.

Plague is a rare disease. The illness mostly occurs in only a few countries around the world. In the United States, plague affects a few people each year in rural or semirural areas of western states.

Plague usually can be treated with antibiotics. If not treated, the illness is often deadly.

Plague is considered a potential bioweapon. The U.S. government has plans and treatments in place if the disease is used as a weapon.

There's no "we" dear. The survivors may have been immune, but that immunity hasn't been passed along. Bubonic plague still exists and you can get very sick and die from it without modern medical treatment.

Again, where are you getting your information from?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plague/symptoms-causes/syc-20351291
Plague is a serious illness caused by a germ called Yersinia pestis. The germs mostly live in small rodents and their fleas. The most common way for humans to get plague is a flea bite.

Plague is a rare disease. The illness mostly occurs in only a few countries around the world. In the United States, plague affects a few people each year in rural or semirural areas of western states.

Plague usually can be treated with antibiotics. If not treated, the illness is often deadly.

Plague is considered a potential bioweapon. The U.S. government has plans and treatments in place if the disease is used as a weapon.

Yes, if a person is directly exposed to it.

However it is not possible for it to spread like it did in the past because of immunity passed down through generations.

It's the same thing with smallpox, the Europeans who were exposed to it eventually developed immunity to it even though they could carry it.

They didn't need the vaccine eventually.

Vaccine's are created to prevent deaths before immunity develops but then your body becomes reliant on it instead of preparing itself against it.

Yes, if a person is directly exposed to it.

However it is not possible for it to spread like it did in the past because of immunity passed down through generations.

It's the same thing with smallpox
, the Europeans who were exposed to it eventually developed immunity to it even though they could carry it.

They didn't need the vaccine eventually.

Vaccine's are created to prevent deaths before immunity develops but then your body becomes reliant on it instead of preparing itself against it.
You might want a second opinion on your beliefs, Tink.

You're free to fill me in on your vast knowledge of astronomy, America.

Meanwhile, for the sane and sober, a more accurate figure may be 50 light years: https://arxiv.org/abs/1702.04365 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30034016/
A supernova at 50 pc: Effects on the Earth's atmosphere and biota

Calm down. We're talking about two different things. I'm talking about the fact that a rogue planet can't harbor life and you're talking about . . . well, you follow a different tangent with each post.

Calm down. We're talking about two different things. I'm talking about the fact that a rogue planet can't harbor life and you're talking about . . . well, you follow a different tangent with each post.
First, I don't trust liars. This includes socks and people stupid enough spin a lie to me.

Second, a rogue planet spinning off into space is an ice planet; frozen solid. WTF are you trying to say, dumbass?

First, I don't trust liars. This includes socks and people stupid enough spin a lie to me.

Second, a rogue planet spinning off into space is an ice planet; frozen solid. WTF are you trying to say, dumbass?

Were you the one claiming that dinosaurs might exist on a rogue planet? I'm too indifferent to look back at who wrote what. All I'm doing is correcting the notion.

Up to 2/3s died of the Black Death. What history books are you reading?

https://www.britannica.com/event/Black-Death
Black Death, pandemic that ravaged Europe between 1347 and 1351, taking a proportionately greater toll of life than any other known epidemic or war up to that time....

...Anti-Semitism greatly intensified throughout Europe as Jews were blamed for the spread of the Black Death. A wave of violent pogroms ensued, and entire Jewish communities were killed by mobs or burned at the stake en masse....

...The study of contemporary archives suggests a mortality varying in the different regions between one-eighth and two-thirds of the population, and the French chronicler Jean Froissart’s statement that about one-third of Europe’s population died in the epidemic may be fairly accurate. The population in England in 1400 was perhaps half what it had been 100 years earlier; in that country alone, the Black Death certainly caused the depopulation or total disappearance of about 1,000 villages. A rough estimate is that 25 million people in Europe died from plague during the Black Death. The population of western Europe did not again reach its pre-1348 level until the beginning of the 16th century.

That's a hell of a way to develope immunity, let half the population die.

What am I lying about?

And how am I anti-American?
Who you are. What you claim to be.

Because you're against these ideals, comrade Alien:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

Who you are. What you claim to be.

Because you're against these ideals, comrade Alien:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

Because I'm tired of being around blacks?

You're going on random tangents. I tried correcting your belief that dinosaurs could survive on rogue planets, and from there you went to calling me an Australian and bitched about monarchists.
The appearance of randomness in an orderly system is only perceived by the ignorant. Usually monarchists and/or down under dumbasses. :thup:

Feel free to quote the post about dinosaurs which seems to excite you so much, son. I'll wait. If you can't, are you honest enough to admit you're making it up?

Back