DO NOT ALLOW YOUR FAMILIES TO BE CORRUPTED BY THE EVIL SATANISM OF THE GOLDEN COMPASS

WhiteAsBirdShit

Ain't I a cutie? HEHE
wtten by an ATHEIST?!/11? Are htese the falues America was FOUNDED ON?!!

How dare hte government allow our chilrden to be RAPED AN DPILLLAD BE THIS EIVL SATANIC MOVEI!

GEORGE BUSH IS AN ATHEIST!

http://blog.mysideoftheweb.com/2007/10/evil-behind-golden-compass.html

If you believe in and revere your God, do not watch the movie "The Golden Compass" and especially do not buy the books.

You may already know about this, but I just learned about a kids movie coming out in December starring Nicole Kidman. It's called The Golden Compass, and while it will be a watered down version, it is based on a series of children's books about killing God (It is the anti-Narnia). The books are written by an atheist.

From what I understand, the hope is to get a lot of kids to see the movie - which won't seem too bad - and then get the parents to buy the books for their kids for Christmas.

Here is a quote from the second book:

’The knife,’ he went on after a minute. ‘They never knew what they were making, those old philosophers. They invented a device that could split open the very smallest particles of matter, and they used it to steal candy. They had no idea that they’d made the one weapon in all the universes that could defeat the tyrant. The Authority. God. The rebel angels fell because they didn’t have anything like the knife; but now…’

’There are two great powers,’ the man said, ‘and they’ve been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit.’

- The Subtle Knife, p. 283

LOL Don't worry. The film's opening weekend gross was $28 million dollars. Most big films make $40-60 million on opening day and close the weekend at around $100 million. With such a God-awful performance, its clearly dead in the water...

Basically, America has asked :gives:

I have heard that they tried to fit too much into the movie and it is confusing. I'm reading the book right now and may watch the flick after that.

The book is supposedly the "Secular Humanist" answer to the Narnia books which were, of course, Christian based.

I just saw the preview on imdb for Prince Caspian. Its set to come out next summer. I kind of like that - Wardrobe came out in the winter and Caspian is set in summer time. Perhaps if they make two more, Dawn Treader will come out in spring and Silver Chair will come out in autumn (I'm not sure if Treader is set in spring, but Chair has an "Autumn Fest" in the middle of it).

LOL Don't worry. The film's opening weekend gross was $28 million dollars. Most big films make $40-60 million on opening day and close the weekend at around $100 million. With such a God-awful performance, its clearly dead in the water...

Basically, America has asked :gives:

It ONLY made 30 million dollars? My God. A non-Christian family movie finally gets the OK from the Christian dominated studios, ONLY makes 30 million dollars in a nation of Christians, and the Christians have to stand on their windowsills and proudly proclaim that it made less than Narnia.

The Narnia movie was shit though.

I don't know anything about either of these movies. I want to see The Kite Runner and no Country for Old Men. It bothers me that the only time good movies come out is around this time of year, and I never get to see them because I just don't have time to. The rest of the year I have the time, but they all suck.

I don't know anything about either of these movies. I want to see The Kite Runner and no Country for Old Men. It bothers me that the only time good movies come out is around this time of year, and I never get to see them because I just don't have time to. The rest of the year I have the time, but they all suck.

Ditto on both movies. I LOVED the Kite Runner. A bunch of us at work all read it and talked about it. Did you read A Thousand Splendid Suns?

Ditto on both movies. I LOVED the Kite Runner. A bunch of us at work all read it and talked about it. Did you read A Thousand Splendid Suns?

No, did you like it?

Tiana since this is a junk thread, this is a great place for me to tell you about the sugarfree Gingerbread Latte – 170 calories (no whip and either soy or lowfat milk). For a grande. And it’s really good.

No, did you like it?

Tiana since this is a junk thread, this is a great place for me to tell you about the sugarfree Gingerbread Latte – 170 calories (no whip and either soy or lowfat milk). For a grande. And it’s really good.

170 isn't bad, but I think I'd rather have a glass of wine. maybe we'll make a starbucks run today. I'll let you know.

Side note: I'm soooooo excited. They are opening a Jamba juice which is going to be on my way to work in North Brunswick. Have you been there?

170 isn't bad, but I think I'd rather have a glass of wine. maybe we'll make a starbucks run today. I'll let you know.

Side note: I'm soooooo excited. They are opening a Jamba juice which is going to be on my way to work in North Brunswick. Have you been there?

No, what kind of juice? Smoothies, or juicer drinks?

Back