Does the cosmos have a reason?

FOLKS: THIS IS WHAT TROLLING A THREAD LOOKS LIKE:

Stop lying. You never took a philosophy class.

Don't lie. You never took a philosophy class.

You lie about taking a philosophy class.

Honestly, this is really easy:

Trolling:

Thankfully that isn't me. I wasn't talking about the origins of the universe. I was talking about the title of the OP: does the cosmos have a reason.

That question is meaningless, IMHO.

And you all know it is because none of you will answer the sub-question: "What is the reason for a giraffe?"

If the Giraffe is part of the Cosmos and the Cosmos has meaning then the giraffe has meaning. SURELY you can answer a simple application of the larger concept.

I know you can't and you won't but you won't be honest enough to admit it. LOL.
If you don't like the thread topic, leave. This topic obviously is of interest to theoretical physicist Alexander Vilenkin who I featured in the OP.

Nothing I posted in the OP has anything to do with giraffes, aardvarks, or algae.

Everything in my opening salvo of posts was about the mathematical rationality and organization of the universe. Math is not a physical object. It's not matter, energy, or plasma. And it has nothing to do with the platypus or the dung beetle.

Bother somebody else with your off topic babble about zoo animals.

If you don't like the thread topic, leave. This topic obviously is of interest to theoretical physicist Alexander Vilenkin who I featured in the OP.

Nothing I posted in the OP has anything to do with giraffes, aardvarks, or algae.

Everything in my opening salvo of posts was about the mathematical rationality and organization of the universe. Math is not a physical object. It's not matter, energy, or plasma. And it has nothing to do with the platypus or the dung beetle.

I am beginning to think this person is yakuda or Ibdaman.

If you don't like the thread topic, leave.

You mean "Does the Cosmos Have A Reason?" Yeah, that was very much the topic I was pursuing.

LOL

Sorry, but the OP was "Does the Cosmos Have a REASON?" (I highlighted the important bit for you!

You mean "Does the Cosmos Have A Reason?" Yeah, that was very much the topic I was pursuing.

LOL

Sorry, but the OP was "Does the Cosmos Have a REASON?" (I highlighted the important bit for you!
^^ troll.

The title is from the YouTube video, not something I chose.

You obviously didn't even bother to read my OP post, before you decided to jump in with irrelevant nonsense about giraffes and dung beetles.

I am beginning to think this person is yakuda or Ibdaman.
He lied about having sock puppets, about having a PhD, and about taking philosophy in college.

There's probably nothing he won't lie about

So it's possible it's a rightwing troll

^^ troll.

So trolls actually discuss the topic?

The title is from the YouTube video, not something I chose.

Well, to be quite fair, there are multiple ways to interpret the concept.

Does the universe have a reason to be? <--mechanistic as to its origins
Or
Does the universe have a reason for being? <--philosophical as to the reason why it was created in the first place

I know you will not follow this reasoning given your general lack of ability but I will further support my reading of the OP as the latter as opposed to the former precisely because of these quotes from the OP and the follow up

Some people claim your work proves the existence of God, or at least of a divine moment of creation. What do you think?

This speaks to an intelligence (a point I have continuously come back to in this thread) which means that the philosophical point may not be too far afield.

But I'm also willing to consider this question from the point of view of the former and say that, again, it provides no real explanatory value to simply be amazed at numbers being specific values. What is the origin of THAT intelligence? How is it helpful to hypothesize something that can not be proven and has no real evidence (other than our mystification at numbers being specific values).

does this mathematics have some independent existence of its own in some Platonic realm, or is it a mere description of the universe

THIS is the stuff that I find bizarre. I'm sure it sounds super deep and is probably 100% why you gravitate toward it but honestly what does it even MEAN?

At its heart mathematics is little more than tautological statements. 1+1=2. All of it grows out of that. Does it really require some Platonic Perfection to understand that a thing is what it is and not some other thing?

And I'm willing to bet you have zero clue what the word salad means either. It's mush.

He lied about having sock puppets,

I did have a sock once. One.

I have changed my name on my account, though, because it was allowed and because MANY other people did it. Even your friends.

about having a PhD,

Not a lie. But I also understand you are threatened by others' achievements if they are higher than yours. That's a sad way to live.

and about taking philosophy in college.

Clearly not a lie. You can't support any of your accusations with facts or evidence. I suspect for you "all accusations are confessions"

There's probably nothing he won't lie about

How about YOUR lies? You constantly misrepresent my posts and lie non-stop. I am curious why your lies are OK.

So it's possible it's a rightwing troll

Then that would be you as well, given how much YOU lie (which is FAR more than I ever have on this forum....FAAAAAAR more)

So trolls actually discuss the topic?

Well, to be quite fair, there are multiple ways to interpret the concept.

Does the universe have a reason to be? <--mechanistic as to its origins
Or
Does the universe have a reason for being? <--philosophical as to the reason why it was created in the first place

I know you will not follow this reasoning given your general lack of ability but I will further support my reading of the OP as the latter as opposed to the former precisely because of these quotes from the OP and the follow up

This speaks to an intelligence (a point I have continuously come back to in this thread) which means that the philosophical point may not be too far afield.

But I'm also willing to consider this question from the point of view of the former and say that, again, it provides no real explanatory value to simply be amazed at numbers being specific values. What is the origin of THAT intelligence? How is it helpful to hypothesize something that can not be proven and has no real evidence (other than our mystification at numbers being specific values).

THIS is the stuff that I find bizarre. I'm sure it sounds super deep and is probably 100% why you gravitate toward it but honestly what does it even MEAN?

At its heart mathematics is little more than tautological statements. 1+1=2. All of it grows out of that. Does it really require some Platonic Perfection to understand that a thing is what it is and not some other thing?

And I'm willing to bet you have zero clue what the word salad means either. It's mush.

Good to see you backtrack, surrender, abandon your babble about giraffes, lemurs, and earth worms.
Every post I made on this thread, including the OP, was about what, if any, significance lay behind the mathematical rationality of the cosmos.

Math is not a physical object, but you are free to harangue other people with your babble about a menagerie of animals.

Back