Dumbass Texan

The whole thing really chaps my shorts.

These people were warned repeatedly that this storm was going to flood the coastal cities.

The people had to argue with authorities to stay. And then we have to risk lives to rescue their stupid asses.

Let'em drown.

Not only that, but a lot of them stayed without making any preparations or stocking up on supplies like food and fresh water. Then they were calling for rescue, putting emergency personnel at grave risk, once they realized that, yes, by damn, it really can happen to you, and has done!

I remember my Dad boarding up all the windows in the house and my folks stocking up on lots of canned goods, etc., in preparation for a major hurricane that was heading our way on the southern tip of Nova Scotia. It uprooted 300-year old beech trees in the local cemetery, but I don't think it did too much to our house or barn, luckily. But people made sure they were as prepared as they could be and protected what they could.

Not only that, but a lot of them stayed without making any preparations or stocking up on supplies like food and fresh water. Then they were calling for rescue, putting emergency personnel at grave risk, once they realized that, yes, by damn, it really can happen to you, and has done!

I remember my Dad boarding up all the windows in the house and my folks stocking up on lots of canned goods, etc., in preparation for a major hurricane that was heading our way on the southern tip of Nova Scotia. It uprooted 300-year old beech trees in the local cemetery, but I don't think it did too much to our house or barn, luckily. But people made sure they were as prepared as they could be and protected what they could.

hurricane in nova scotia?

hurricane in nova scotia?

Few make it that far, but they do travel up the Atlantic coast and this one was a whopper! I was pretty young so don't remember a lot of the details. It seems that our livestock made it through safely as well, though, and I remember seeing those huge trees just pulled right out of the ground.

It doesn't matter where devastation takes place and how far in advance people are warned, there will always be morons who don't heed the advice given.

USC I would like to know what about DFW you think sucks...that's an awfully large area you are referring to. Seems to me there's probably something there for you to like.

I have lived in Houston, Dallas, and currently live in Austin. Houston is your typical urban city, but the difference is that it's like 3 cities in one. You have an uptown, downtown, then the smaller cities within the city like Belair and West University. Some parts are scary and some parts are nice. There are awesome museums, a great symphony, and some historical architecture. On the flip side you have the wards and shanties and other places you wouldn't want to find yourself.

I have traveled to many areas in the US and imo one can find similarities in Texas to most areas around the country. That's what happens when an area is as large as Texas is.

Megs right. I have also been to many areas of the country they are not that dissimilar.

Im terms of Houston being one of the next great cities tho?? far fetched.

Megs right. I have also been to many areas of the country they are not that dissimilar.

Im terms of Houston being one of the next great cities tho?? far fetched.

I believe I also read that article, and if I am not mistaken I think it was referring to Houston being a city with financial growth opportunity when so many others have topped out. It will never be a beautiful city, or one with thriving history or beauty.

I believe I also read that article, and if I am not mistaken I think it was referring to Houston being a city with financial growth opportunity when so many others have topped out. It will never be a beautiful city, or one with thriving history or beauty.

definitely not when it floods every 5 years. :whip:

But seriously tho, tx definitely has for the most part been immune to this major housing market crash and the growth is continuing in a lot of her cities.

It doesn't matter where devastation takes place and how far in advance people are warned, there will always be morons who don't heed the advice given.

USC I would like to know what about DFW you think sucks...that's an awfully large area you are referring to. Seems to me there's probably something there for you to like.

I have lived in Houston, Dallas, and currently live in Austin. Houston is your typical urban city, but the difference is that it's like 3 cities in one. You have an uptown, downtown, then the smaller cities within the city like Belair and West University. Some parts are scary and some parts are nice. There are awesome museums, a great symphony, and some historical architecture. On the flip side you have the wards and shanties and other places you wouldn't want to find yourself.

I have traveled to many areas in the US and imo one can find similarities in Texas to most areas around the country. That's what happens when an area is as large as Texas is.

Hmm good point, I guess the 2 main sucky points for me are the drugstore cowboys and the large urban area with all the problems that causes.
I did spend a lot of time in the area several years ago.

Ohh and I forgot. They loved George bush too :shock:

definitely not when it floods every 5 years. :whip:

But seriously tho, tx definitely has for the most part been immune to this major housing market crash and the growth is continuing in a lot of her cities.

Thats because Texas already went thru a housing market crash when the oil market crashed a decade or so ago.

I believe that you could, at one time, buy the entire city of Beaumont for a case of beer and two cartons of Marlboro reds.

Thats because Texas already went thru a housing market crash when the oil market crashed a decade or so ago.

I believe that you could, at one time, buy the entire city of Beaumont for a case of beer and two cartons of Marlboro reds.

LOL i wouldn't even spend that now on beaumont.

Hmm good point, I guess the 2 main sucky points for me are the drugstore cowboys and the large urban area with all the problems that causes.

LOL USC you are going to get "the large urban area with all the problems that causes" most any large city in this country. Also, Dallas is very diverse...I'm curious where you spent your time. I promise you Dallas has it's share of dems as well.

Los Colinas (sp?) / Irving area mostly.
With many friends living in the flower mound mega subdivisions.

Los Colinas is what I think of when I see reruns of Dallas and Flower Mound is the ultimate suburbia, so I suppose I see validity to your impressions. Now you have about 100 square miles more to observe before you make up your mind.

LOL i wouldn't even spend that now on beaumont.

Yeah I thought it was over priced too.

That may be the ugliest town I have ever seen. There are a couple of places in New Jersey that come close though.

That may be the ugliest town I have ever seen. There are a couple of places in New Jersey that come close though.

I haven't ever been to Jersey but it's hard for me to fathom. The question is....do they SMELL as bad as Beaumont??

Ike was their warning not to send washington any more bad politicians.

lol

like where?

Of course most of the urban cities close to NYC aren't anything to look at, but overall, its really not bad. If it were that bad, it wouldnt' be the most densely populated state.

But I'm all for telling everyone how bad it is here. We don't any more people.

We just got hit with the winds yesterday and they knocked power out all over the state. My neighborhood look like it had just been hit with a bomb. We haven't had anything like in Ohio is a very very long time. Power is still out at my house.

Back