Dumbass Texan

Yeah, there is no possible way that the entirety of Houston is going to be without power for 3 weeks.

There will be some priority areas that should have it back on soon.

I lived in such a priority area in Tuscaloosa years ago. We were poor as hell, but lived on the same grid that fed the highway dept and the state trooper's offices. We got power back just after the hospital did. The wealthier neighborhoods waited much longer.

I lived in such a priority area in Tuscaloosa years ago. We were poor as hell, but lived on the same grid that fed the highway dept and the state trooper's offices. We got power back just after the hospital did. The wealthier neighborhoods waited much longer.
Don't talk about the suffering of the wealthy, that hurts the class warfare angle of the "Campaign of 'Hope'"

Don't talk about the suffering of the wealthy, that hurts the class warfare angle of the "Campaign of 'Hope'"

Oh hell I forgot about that.

Would it help if I said most of the wealthy had generators and were therefore able to plug in their TVs so they could watch the Fox News? And that it was wintertime, so they didn't have to drink warm martinis?

Oh hell I forgot about that.

Would it help if I said most of the wealthy had generators and were therefore able to plug in their TVs so they could watch the Fox News? And that it was wintertime, so they didn't have to drink warm martinis?
Better.... But watch yourself next time!

Yeah those priority areas are nice. When I lived in Tampa I was on the same feed as a main water pumping station down the road. Nice :)

anyone been fried in the TX hurricane area yet stealing copper wire ?

Yeah those priority areas are nice. When I lived in Tampa I was on the same feed as a main water pumping station down the road. Nice :)

anyone been fried in the TX hurricane area yet stealing copper wire ?

Last night the coverage was showing truckloads of generators bound for the Houston area. I expect that there will have to be some criteria to determine who will get them. Hope they're including the fuel to run them, too! :P

The crews were already working flat out to begin restoring power as quickly as possible. Of course, first they have to identify where the problems are ...

I recommend it wholeheartedly! Watching the frolickers? Now THAT sounds almost as fun. :rolleyes:

You dive? That is one thing I miss about Florida. I loved going diving. Hell, even snorkelling was a great way to spend a day.

I do dive tho it's been quite awhile and I miss it tons. I wouldn't recommend Lake Travis for diving, however...visibility is about 1 foot and it's then you see the 6 foot catfish in your mask. I kid you not! Divers go down and feed these things hotdogs. I'd rather face a barracuda or ray any day.

I do dive tho it's been quite awhile and I miss it tons. I wouldn't recommend Lake Travis for diving, however...visibility is about 1 foot and it's then you see the 6 foot catfish in your mask. I kid you not! Divers go down and feed these things hotdogs. I'd rather face a barracuda or ray any day.

I have heard some horror stories from fellow divers that have been bumped by monster catfish.

I prefer not to dive where the visibility is bad. I mean, whats the point? Well, unless you are wreck or cave diving and its temporary.

Back