Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Masters

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Medical Degree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Juris Doctor

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Actually I found the 2nd 8-hour portion of the exam to be quite easy. The first 8-hour portion was difficult but not nearly as difficult as obtaining admission into part two. New York State has a building full of bean counters who comb over every inch of your application and turn down stuff for ridiculous reasons. After fighting with them for four years they finally granted me the privilege of taking the exam, and I promptly kick their asses with it, leaving almost an hour early for a lunch break and almost two hours early for the afternoon sub-part.

The Southern Man triumphs over the bureaucrats.
I had wanted to get into my fields equivelant of a registered PE but I never could find a CIH to take me under their wing. To do it now, even if I could find a CIH to apprentice with would require that I take about a 50% cut in pay for 3 years. I'm not inclined to do that now.

If you're not getting sex here's some sure fire, can't miss advise that will get you laid very regularly.

#1. Go crazy. Women can't resist wacked out crazy nutjobs. You should see all the women hanging off of Dixie!! Better, yet. Become a musician or a preacher and then go crazy. You'll have more women and sex then you'll know what to do with.

#2. Earn lots and lots of money. Women love men with money.

#3. Talk to a bunch of women and ask them what behavior they find irresistably sexy in a man, then do the exact opposite.

#4. Buy a big Harley. Women love riding on Harleys.

#5. Work out at the gym a lot. Women like fit men. If women tell you that they are not attracted to muscular men, see item #3.

#6. Watch soap operas. See the male characters? Never behave as they do. Their not men. Their women with testicles.

#6. Lie about your major at college (see item #1). Never tell them your a physics or engineering or accounting major. Tell them your majoring in Afican American Studies (But only if your white) or English Literature or Womens Studies.

#7. Women love and need drama. Give them what they need. Be a drama queen, even if your only acting (just don't let them know your acting).

#8. Never, ever act intelligent around women. If a woman your interested in is engaged in an intellectual conversaton discipline your self and refrain from contributing. Instead, do your best Al Bundy imitation. Stare off into space, look incredibly bored and put one hand down your pants (or pick ear wax out of your ear.). It will feed into the "weak mind, strong back" stereotype many women have about men.

#9. If the above fails as a last ditch effort pretend to be gay. Women love thinking the can convert or reform a gay man. This approach has been known to work but has a serious draw back. You may end up having sex but your partner might have a mustache.

If all this fails, don't even try a hooker. If your that big a loser they won't be interested in you either.

I am dying, here, but it is so true, women love the bad boys! Until they want to get married, then they look for the "other" guys...

I had wanted to get into my fields equivelant of a registered PE but I never could find a CIH to take me under their wing. To do it now, even if I could find a CIH to apprentice with would require that I take about a 50% cut in pay for 3 years. I'm not inclined to do that now.
That is a problem. For me I had advanced within my company to managing several other Engineers in Training and of course put that as part of my required four years' experience. The bureaucrats in New York jumped all over that since they saw it as not "principles and practice" of engineering. Those stupid fucks. So I had to wait several more years then wrote an addendum that used the words "calculate, principles, practice" over and over and eliminated the words "management, supervision, and oversight".

When I practiced in CT prior to that time the licensing board was not nearly as bureaucratic. I called their office and got a return call from the Director, who told me that he'd accept all my time as a co-op student, and the year or so that I took off school to make some money.

So it all depends on what State that you are in. It might be worth calling the director and asking him if there is any flexibility in the system.

I used to work with some guys who resorted to applying in neighboring states who had the reputation for an easy application process, then they'd apply for comity in their home state.

I'm a pretty interesting mix of asshole and nice, IMHO. The worst parts of both worlds.
OH being yourself is the last thing you want to do. Look where it's got you so far? A hot date with Sally Thumb and her four sisters and a dated issue of Natonial Geographic. Dude! You have to get your priorities straight. If you want to be Prom Queen, be your self. If you want to get laid, follow my advice!! Also, and you've probably all ready heard this, If your on a dinner date and she's say's "You're my best friend" or "You're like a brother to me", promptly make a pass at the waitress or throw up in her lap. You're not going to get laid anyways so you might as well have some fun.

Last edited:
That is a problem. For me I had advanced within my company to managing several other Engineers in Training and of course put that as part of my required four years' experience. The bureaucrats in New York jumped all over that since they saw it as not "principles and practice" of engineering. Those stupid fucks. So I had to wait several more years then wrote an addendum that used the words "calculate, principles, practice" over and over and eliminated the words "management, supervision, and oversight".

When I practiced in CT prior to that time the licensing board was not nearly as bureaucratic. I called their office and got a return call from the Director, who told me that he'd accept all my time as a co-op student, and the year or so that I took off school to make some money.

So it all depends on what State that you are in. It might be worth calling the director and asking him if there is any flexibility in the system.

I used to work with some guys who resorted to applying in neighboring states who had the reputation for an easy application process, then they'd apply for comity in their home state.
That's really the major difficulity in becoming a CIH is the apprenticeship or "CIH in Training". About the only organizations with more than one CIH is the Government. I've managed enough government contracts to know I don't want to work for them.

That's really the major difficulity in becoming a CIH is the apprenticeship or "CIH in Training". About the only organizations with more than one CIH is the Government. I've managed enough government contracts to know I don't want to work for them.
I worked for State government for exactly one year.

I am dying, here, but it is so true, women love the bad boys! Until they want to get married, then they look for the "other" guys...

Nice guys finish last. They usually wind up being the next husband that helps raise the bad boys children from the first marriage.

The boy doesn't want to get married, Froggy. He just wants to get a little, wet his wick, play hide-the-salami, do the horizontal mambo......

Ok, I'll stop now.

Last edited:
OH being yourself is the last thing you want to do. Look where it's got you so far? A hot date with Sally Thumb and her four sisters and a dated issue of Natonial Geographic. Dude! You have to get your priorities straight. If you want to be Prom Queen, be your self. If you want to get laid, follow my advice!! Also, and you've probably all ready heard this, If your on a dinner date and she's say's "You're my best friend" or "You're like a brother to me", promptly make a pass at the waitress or throw up in her lap. You're not going to get laid anyways so you might as well have some fun.

Mottley, I would rather take a shotgun blast to the chest than take any of your shitty advice.

No offense.

Mottley, I would rather take a shotgun blast to the chest than take any of your shitty advice.

No offense.
Well then quit whining about not getting laid. Besides, it's not my shitty advice. These are time tested and true principles. Though you may have a point. I have no doubt that taking a shotgun blast to the chest would seriously impress a date so you may be onto something.

The primary thing I've learned about advice for getting laid is not to listen to any of it. There's no step-by-step method for getting laid. People don't work like that. Any time you try someone's advice, it's going to turn out terribly.

Back