Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Juris Doctor

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
spintop.....lmao at your educated grammar and spelling

Never could spell
I'm a numbers guy
as in salary and capital gains
if you want to lame at a buck 25 and a third of that in investment income then have at it.

Never could spell
I'm a numbers guy
if you want to lame at a buck 25 and a third of that in investment income then have at it.

i'm only messing with you because you make such a big deal about education necessarily equals intelligent and here you are making excuses for yourself....

:cof1:

i'm only messing with you because you make such a big deal about education necessarily equals intelligent and here you are making excuses for yourself....

:cof1:

you guys mist the point of pushing education

I'm doing it to say look you can make more
not look at me I'm so smart. I was born slightly more than dirt poor and am not safely upper middle, that's my gig.
Plus getting the two degrees has me in ac in an office working half the day for 2.5x meadian wage.
When I was preaching that to my son on the drive up to wisconson, he says dad the roofing job is waiting for me if I fail.
that's all I'm doing besides the obvious razzing

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions about intelligence and education. They are not equivelent. Intelligence is a measure of inborn cognitive ability. One's basic intelligence does not change much over the course of ones life. It's how one uses their intelligence to become educated that matters. Advanced educations do not correalate with higher intelligence but do correalate with financial and/or career success.

I'm in college but I don't have a degree. I suppose that's the difference between 'college' and 'graduate'? My education level really only counts as High School, though.
I think he was refering to someone with a graduate level education (i.e. MS, MBA, MFA, PhD, MD,JD, etc.).

I can see what you're talking about if the degree was in literature or political science. But to get a science or math degree it's pretty much a requirement that you be very intelligent.
There is some truth to that. I don't think anyone would argue that earning a BS in Chemical Engineering is more demanding and difficult to earn than a MS in Sociology. Having said that, higher intelligence can be off-set by work ethic.

BTW, I'm a former member of MENSA (IQ = 136). I quit because the group was a bunch of nerdy dweebs who sat around and whined and bitched about their lack of financial success, while at the same time looking down their noses at those who were more succesful, albeit less intelligent. Most meetings were consumed by trying to impress people with how someone had solved a very difficult but meaningless puzzle or describing the fantasy lands/characters they'd created playing dungeons and dragons. It was more than boring. It was a waste of my time.

Last edited:
There is some truth to that. I don't think anyone would argue that earning a BS in Chemical Engineering is more demanding and difficult to earn than a MS in Sociology. Having said that, higher intelligence can be off-set by work ethic.

BTW, I'm a former member of MENSA (IQ = 136). I quit because the group was a bunch of nerdy dweebs who sat around and whined and bitched about their lack of financial success, while at the same time looking down their noses at those who were more succesful, albeit less intelligent. Most meetings were consumed by trying to impress people with how someone had solved a very difficult but meaningless puzzle or describing the fantasy lands/characters they'd created playing dungeons and dragons. It was more than boring. It was a waste of my time.

I thought the same thing; people who seemed to need to convince themselves of their superiority, but not by accomplishing anything worthwhile. Really they don't seem even to pat each other on the back, just their own needy selves. Boring is right!

Never could spell
I'm a numbers guy

It is not spelling but often using the wrong word with you.

I thought the same thing; people who seemed to need to convince themselves of their superiority, but not by accomplishing anything worthwhile. Really they don't seem even to pat each other on the back, just their own needy selves. Boring is right!

I took their test and qualified, but did not want to be associated with the smug bastiges. Joined DENSA instead. Much more human folks.

I took their test and qualified, but did not want to be associated with the smug bastiges. Joined DENSA instead. Much more human folks.

I took the test just for grins, and because I was curious. Besides I like logic problems anyway so it was recreation. I thought the score was perhaps a mite inflated and that they must be eager to expand their membership, or get more fees, or something. One of our faculty was a member; that gave me enough insight into the group to realize that I'd rather keep the friends I have, thanks.

Yeah, I'd never join Mensa, they're a bunch of pretentious douchbags. IQ is important but it's not all important.

I don't think I'm qualified, though. From my ACT scores (very shaky measure, I know) I think I'm probably in the top 80% for intelligence, not 98%.

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions about intelligence and education. They are not equivelent. Intelligence is a measure of inborn cognitive ability. One's basic intelligence does not change much over the course of ones life. It's how one uses their intelligence to become educated that matters. Advanced educations do not correalate with higher intelligence but do correalate with financial and/or career success.

It doesn't correlate? You have statistics to prove that?

And recent research suggests that intelligence does change over life time.

Yeah, I'd never join Mensa, they're a bunch of pretentious douchbags. IQ is important but it's not all important.

I don't think I'm qualified, though. From my ACT scores (very shaky measure, I know) I think I'm probably in the top 80% for intelligence, not 98%.

LOL

Beyond pretentious. Its the "my IQ as said test determines is higher than yours, thus I'm a superior strategist and tactician in life" crowd.

Back