Enceladus, Saturn's ocean world

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Scientists caught Saturn's icy moon Enceladus spraying a "huge plume" of watery vapor far into space — and that plume likely contains many of the chemical ingredients for life.

Scientists first learned of Enceladus' watery blasts in 2005, when NASA's Cassini spacecraft caught icy particles shooting up through large lunar cracks called "tiger stripes." The blasts are so powerful that their material forms one of Saturn's rings, according to NASA.

Analysis revealed that the jets contained methane, carbon dioxide and ammonia — organic molecules containing chemical building blocks necessary for the development of life. It's even possible that some of these gases were produced by life itself, burping out methane deep beneath the surface of Enceladus, an international team of researchers posited in research published last year in The Planetary Science Journal.

https://www.space.com/james-webb-telescope-discovers-gargantuan-geyser-on-saturn-moon

Isn't Saturn a bit on the cool side for sustaining life?

It was my impression that life would need to be on a planet situated very similarly to our earth in another solar system,
but then again, my exposure to the subject has been limited.

It was my impression that life would need to be on a planet situated very similarly to our earth in another solar system,

Liquid water can't exist in that phase below 0 C, so it can't be that cold.

The watery core of Enceladus exists beneath a frozen crust, and my sense is that the interior of Enceladus is heated by gravitational tidal forces by it's orbital dynamics with Saturn

Don't worry, Cypress doesn't have sufficient technical expertise to have a meaningful conversation on this topic (he doesn't even appear to know about the impact of salt on water's freezing point), so no harm no foul.

Life doesn't necessarily need to be the way WE are. Obviously here on earth we have extremophiles that exist in conditions that would be antithetical to our own existence.

So you've never heard of sea water? Or "freezing point depression" due to salts? Interesting. You seem to have almost no technical knowledge of much of anything.

You suck balls dick head

Trying to immediately turn a cool thread into a ball swinging idiots contest

Just go to hell

Don't worry, Cypress doesn't have sufficient technical expertise to have a meaningful conversation on this topic (he doesn't even appear to know about the impact of salt on water's freezing point), so no harm no foul.

Life doesn't necessarily need to be the way WE are. Obviously here on earth we have extremophiles that exist in conditions that would be antithetical to our own existence.

Hey idiot

Life exists in sea water

So your point is what you heap of pig shit

What is your malfunction this morning? Do you need to phone in a prescription renewal for the meds?

You are the malfunction in this nation

A brain filled with hate for science and all mankind

Just tell your programmer to drink the tea putin sent him

OMG, the genus has spoken. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Back