Ethnicity & Reporting

Race is real for this reason: Someone who looks like you has a greater chance of sharing more of your genes, and in the world social animals, related individuals assist each other in the face of competition for resources from other genetically related clans. All this "there is no race" crap is just a way to get whites to abandon their extended family. All other races are encouraged to be proud. Whites are told there is no such thing as race. It's a crock of crap.

You're an idiot. The white race as you define it just doesn't hold up scientifically. Secondly, its not only whites that are told this, everyone who has some moderate understanding of the differences between phenotypes and genotypes understand this. Here's a nice article that simple enough for a mildly retarded person to understand......I couldn't find anything below that for you, but hopefully this will do.

http://www.mnh.si.edu/anthro/humanorigins/faq/race.htm

"So, the idea of distinct races defined by hard-and-fast differences has fallen apart as anthropologists have studied the genetic and physical characteristics of human populations.

Although anthropologists thus no longer classify populations in terms of races, they do recognize that human populations exhibit diverse phenotypes"

You're an idiot. The white race as you define it just doesn't hold up scientifically. Secondly, its not only whites that are told this, everyone who has some moderate understanding of the differences between phenotypes and genotypes understand this. Here's a nice article that simple enough for a mildly retarded person to understand......I couldn't find anything below that for you, but hopefully this will do.

http://www.mnh.si.edu/anthro/humanorigins/faq/race.htm

"So, the idea of distinct races defined by hard-and-fast differences has fallen apart as anthropologists have studied the genetic and physical characteristics of human populations.

Although anthropologists thus no longer classify populations in terms of races, they do recognize that human populations exhibit diverse phenotypes"

I'll accept your hunk of crap argument when there's no caucasian checkbox on applications.

Last edited:
We're not officially against it. We officially use raced based discrimination policies to achieve "fairness".

I suppose that was the best first way to deal with those who are prejudiced based on skin color.
Now might be a time to switch over to another yet undefined process...
But then prejudice is still alive and well in the USA.

Tiana, even in the most tolerant society blacks will always view themselves differently than whites, and vice versa. They just look different. It's almost like ugly people to beautiful people (not that blacks are ugly - you get what I mean!)

I don't whether if it's because you're in the rural south, or if it's your age and inexperience. I doubt you've ever had a friend, who is a person of color.

Take my word for it watermark. People, broadly speaking, are pretty much the same everywhere - regardless of skin color, eye color, or hair color. The vast majority don't find themselves "different" in any fundamental way, from other human beings.

Trust me. I've dated women of every skin color and tone. I guess you could say, I've pretty much dated the United Nations. Women are pretty much the same, regardless of tonal differences in skin or hair.

I really love where you cut that off at.

Cypress, you're really a pretentious dumbass. I'd be surprised if an ignorant rust-belter like you had even seen a black person. Now STFU and go away.

Race is real for this reason: Someone who looks like you has a greater chance of sharing more of your genes, and in the world of social animals, related individuals assist each other in the face of competition for resources from other genetically related clans. All this "there is no race" crap is just a way to get whites to abandon their extended family. All other races are encouraged to be proud. Whites are told there is no such thing as race. It's a crock of crap.

Race is not signifigant genetically, Asshat.

Guys, the best way to stop racism is not to wave peace signs around, tell racist "We have love in the world!" and deny that racism has any sort of natural emotional base in humans. There are tons of things that have natural emotional bases in humans. We may supress this very well, but don't lie to me and tell me there's nothing there.

I really love where you cut that off at.

Cypress, you're really a pretentious dumbass. I'd be surprised if an ignorant rust-belter like you had even seen a black person. Now STFU and go away.

Gosh it just makes me so angry whenever people use the fact that I'm from the south against me!

Think about it. If you had been from a family of murderers, wouldn't you get angry if you went around the and everything you said was tossed aside, because it "was to be expected" of you that you'd do something like them?

But it is significant socially and survivalistically, as evidenced by the fact of racial checkboxes on admissions and applications forms, documents to acquire jobs and education, tools we use to feed ourselves and our families.

It is significant to some, obviously, but they are wrong!

Yes Affermative action is wrong, but it is the best soloution we have for now. And the quota system aspect of it is dying off.

Do you have details of a better system to guarantee that "racial" prejudice doe not enter into the hiring and firing process ?

I have one possible one. Make it a felony to discriminate based on "race". Gets you arrested vs sued.

Yes Affermative action is wrong, but it is the best soloution we have for now. And the quota system aspect of it is dying off.

Do you have details of a better system to guarantee that "racial" prejudice doe not enter into the hiring and firing process ?

It is not "best" for anything. your system GUARANTEES that racial prejudice DOES enter into the hiring process.

We've been having this discussion at the school of journalism for weeks. Here's my view:

Yes. It's worth mentioning. It should not, and has not in this case, been in the lede of the story. It should not be the focus. But leaving it out I think is to shirk a journalist's job of reporting the facts.

The NY Times didn't mention it until day two, and it was half way through a very long story.

It's Cable that made it into a big deal, and you idiots gave them the ratings they wanted. So congratulations.

So yeah, it should be mentioned. It should not be given much importance.

Back