"Evil"

Teach them to read and all will be better...Good Lord you are the same people bragging about Liberal education being so great...Did they fall thru your proverbial cracks?And I really do not buy into your stating that all or most in prison are there because they could not read...a very weak argument!

What about the scores of 'Legal Immigrants' who enter our country and learn to read all on their own...even those who are slower in reading comprehension seem to make a life without crime...The same cannot be said of 'Illegal Immigrants' which make up a vast proportion of the US prison system...

Also some very highly educated persons in the prison system are charged with horrendous crimes against the people!

Nice try Kumbia guys!:rolleyes:

This isn't even barely on topic. You go off in all random directions and seem to be responding to things no one has posted.

OMG..........

This isn't even barely on topic. You go off in all random directions and seem to be responding to things no one has posted.

You are so dense at times...I stayed exactly on topic and target...I addressed comments made by you and others...in a vain attempt on your and others part to dismiss a 'Republic' style government which we all live in! Our country has never been a Democracy...this would mean the minority would rule...In a Republic the majority rules...as it should be!...Back to government class with you waterboy! :cof1:

MOST people in prison will never go back. Scores of people in prison are there due to crimes of economic need, of which I classify drug dealing. Instead of making prison a horror, we need to make prison for MOST people a training gound. Train them to be plumblers, carpenters, mechanics, electricians etc. Give them a skill, send them back out to ply their trade and if they find themselves back in the criminal justice system and convicted, jack up the Jail and put them under it. Even murders in general are not going to come back to prison. Released prisoners with the highest rearrest rates were robbers (70.2%), burglars (74.0%), larcenists (74.6%), motor vehicle thieves (78.8%), those in prison for possessing or selling stolen property (77.4%), and those in prison for possessing, using, or selling illegal weapons (70.2%). These are BJS stats from 94 but I am sure there are more recent figures but when I did a BJS search 1994 is the last year that came up and I just don't have time to go hunting everywhere. But recid rates for rape and homicide are within 3 years, 2.5% of released rapists were arrested for another rape, and 1.2% of those who had served time for homicide were arrested for homicide

LMAO.............

:cof1:
MOST people in prison will never go back. Scores of people in prison are there due to crimes of economic need, of which I classify drug dealing. Instead of making prison a horror, we need to make prison for MOST people a training gound. Train them to be plumblers, carpenters, mechanics, electricians etc. Give them a skill, send them back out to ply their trade and if they find themselves back in the criminal justice system and convicted, jack up the Jail and put them under it. Even murders in general are not going to come back to prison. Released prisoners with the highest rearrest rates were robbers (70.2%), burglars (74.0%), larcenists (74.6%), motor vehicle thieves (78.8%), those in prison for possessing or selling stolen property (77.4%), and those in prison for possessing, using, or selling illegal weapons (70.2%). These are BJS stats from 94 but I am sure there are more recent figures but when I did a BJS search 1994 is the last year that came up and I just don't have time to go hunting everywhere. But recid rates for rape and homicide are within 3 years, 2.5% of released rapists were arrested for another rape, and 1.2% of those who had served time for homicide were arrested for homicide

Spoken like a true defense attorney....however I am pretty sure if the crime was against your family on a personal level...your attitude would change greatly...;)

:cof1:

Spoken like a true defense attorney....however I am pretty sure if the crime was against your family on a personal level...your attitude would change greatly...;)
My first wife was raped, then two years later our house was broken into. My second wife was carjacked in KC Mo, the guy pulled her out at gun point and then hit her with the gun. Luckily for us he didn't notice the third car in line was KCPD. My dad had his office manager embezzle 80k from him over a 5 year period. I have had one cousin raped when I was younger and my grandparents house was ransacked and robbed. So my family has been victims of crime including the two women I was married to when I was married to them. Don't ever presupose that because I represent those accused that I nor my family has been a victim of a crime. Regardless of how many times me or my family have been victimized, the truth of the matter is MOST people don't recidivate. The prison industrial complex wants you to think that they do but the truth of the matter is most people in prison have not committed violent crimes, and just a few years ago the single largest class of offenders in federal prison were status offenders, meaning illegal aliens. If you make Prison hell for all prisoners you will eventually turn out worse people than went in for the original crime. Taking the persons freedom is their punishment. If you abuse or neglect then while they are in the new victim becomes the very society you are so eager to protect.

Right................!

My first wife was raped, then two years later our house was broken into. My second wife was carjacked in KC Mo, the guy pulled her out at gun point and then hit her with the gun. Luckily for us he didn't notice the third car in line was KCPD. My dad had his office manager embezzle 80k from him over a 5 year period. I have had one cousin raped when I was younger and my grandparents house was ransacked and robbed. So my family has been victims of crime including the two women I was married to when I was married to them. Don't ever presupose that because I represent those accused that I nor my family has been a victim of a crime. Regardless of how many times me or my family have been victimized, the truth of the matter is MOST people don't recidivate. The prison industrial complex wants you to think that they do but the truth of the matter is most people in prison have not committed violent crimes, and just a few years ago the single largest class of offenders in federal prison were status offenders, meaning illegal aliens. If you make Prison hell for all prisoners you will eventually turn out worse people than went in for the original crime. Taking the persons freedom is their punishment. If you abuse or neglect then while they are in the new victim becomes the very society you are so eager to protect.

Nice try counselor...not buying this rhetoric/diatribe...if I did I would have to dismiss you as not being 'human'...failure to respond to pain and all...whatever ya say counselor...and by the way counselor I prosecuted (as lead Investigator)some 200 cases during my career...lost '0' but ya are a funny guy at any rate!:tongout:

Nice try counselor...not buying this rhetoric/diatribe...if I did I would have to dismiss you as not being 'human'...failure to respond to pain and all...whatever ya say counselor...and by the way counselor I prosecuted (as lead Investigator)some 200 cases during my career...lost '0' but ya are a funny guy at any rate!:tongout:
I give two shits about what you think you KNOW about me. I can be personally afronted by the people that offended my family and still defend people accused of crimes. As for you, you didn't prosecute shit. You gumshoed. I have always loved how a flatfoot that got promoted to a shield thinks HE is the only reason the case was won. OJ is a prime example of how poor lawyering can lose a case. But thanks for trying to analyze me there Mannix.

Nice try again...........

I give two shits about what you think you KNOW about me. I can be personally afronted by the people that offended my family and still defend people accused of crimes. As for you, you didn't prosecute shit. You gumshoed. I have always loved how a flatfoot that got promoted to a shield thinks HE is the only reason the case was won. OJ is a prime example of how poor lawyering can lose a case. But thanks for trying to analyze me there Mannix.
***Ya just made my case counselor***LOL

However I am not a former LAPD Inv(albeit I did work for them from 1971-1974 while finishing college)... name the Investigator who ran off to Idaho(after retirement) when he made a ass outta himself...even though he was on track OJ was not the 'shooter'(analogy) OJ was a co-conspirator and in my humble opinion the clown(name him) was the actual hit man...he had issues after being kicked out by Nicole..then went to live in a 'Guest House'on the OJ property(in which the back of... the infamous glove was found)So counselor up yours ya are a embarrassment to your profession!..imho!

Hint: CC...was his name...Cato C..dah!

Last edited:
G'night...counselor Socrotese...........

I am tired and need a break from all this BS!...The daughter just came home with the GS and gave me some Hot Wings and Steak potatoe wedges...ugghh,,I am a full and sleepy camper...have a nice night!;)

Teach them to read and all will be better...Good Lord you are the same people bragging about Liberal education being so great...Did they fall thru your proverbial cracks?And I really do not buy into your stating that all or most in prison are there because they could not read...a very weak argument!

What about the scores of 'Legal Immigrants' who enter our country and learn to read all on their own...even those who are slower in reading comprehension seem to make a life without crime...The same cannot be said of 'Illegal Immigrants' which make up a vast proportion of the US prison system...

Also some very highly educated persons in the prison system are charged with horrendous crimes against the people!

Nice try Kumbia guys!:rolleyes:

Liberal education, how did you conservatives become so helpless you couldn't make it to the PTA or School board meetings when the curriculum was being decided. I sat through many years of seeing the parent no shows at these forums, but later bitch their hearts out.

There are so many different reasons why children don't read, it is not just a one size fits all.

How many hours did you volunteer in your local classroom?

Horrendous crimes! yes, god save the world from the weed growers!

Sorry, but people generalize too much when it comes to early childhood education, it is a very complex thing. I was able to stay at home and be there for my children. My husband was there at least two weeks of every month. We supplemented their education. I am LUCKY. I have friends whose husbands are working two jobs and they are working themselves, they can't give the attention to their children that they would love to give. I try to do what I am able. The same with my granddaughter, but her parents are very good and focused when they are home with her in the evenings.

I admit there is a great deal of apathy today in many parts of the country towards education, but there are also many areas that are thriving. I think it has a lot to do with the median income and the tax base of the area.
Anchorage is still trying many innovative programs and we seem to be doing better. My sons had 12 to 13 years of Japanese Immersion. The oldest just applied at a bank and found having a second language was a big plus! He hasn't found anything in his field in Durango, yet, so banking it is!

:D
Liberal education, how did you conservatives become so helpless you couldn't make it to the PTA or School board meetings when the curriculum was being decided. I sat through many years of seeing the parent no shows at these forums, but later bitch their hearts out.

There are so many different reasons why children don't read, it is not just a one size fits all.( uh huh...bad teachers ring a bell?)How many hours did you volunteer in your local classroom?(Only about 500..was a busy guy!)Horrendous crimes! yes, god save the world from the weed growers!(Right how about serial Killers-most have high IQ's..dah)
Sorry, but people generalize too much when it comes to early childhood education, it is a very complex thing. I was able to stay at home and be there for my children. My husband was there at least two weeks of every month. We supplemented their education. I am LUCKY. I have friends whose husbands are working two jobs and they are working themselves, they can't give the attention to their children that they would love to give. I try to do what I am able. The same with my granddaughter, but her parents are very good and focused when they are home with her in the evenings.

I admit there is a great deal of apathy today in many parts of the country towards education, but there are also many areas that are thriving. I think it has a lot to do with the median income and the tax base of the area.
Anchorage is still trying many innovative programs and we seem to be doing better. My sons had 12 to 13 years of Japanese Immersion. The oldest just applied at a bank and found having a second language was a big plus! He hasn't found anything in his field in Durango, yet, so banking it is!

Sorry I was on the way out when I saw this...will do a addendum later on maybe on Monday!...Have a nice night 'Froggie!:D

on 'evil'

all that is required for evil to flourish is that 'good' men do nothing - now how do you determine who is a good person?

evil is hurting others needlessly - hurting your self is foolish unless needful

also, while on the subject of evil and good, how do you feel about Manichaeism or dualistic religions

on 'evil'

all that is required for evil to flourish is that 'good' men do nothing - now how do you determine who is a good person?

also, while on the subject of evil and good, how do you feel about Manichaeism or dualistic religions

Some religions think you need equal out the good and evil in your own personal life to help balance the universe. It's new agey, illuminati, devil-woshipping bullshit.

Damn! sometimes I do not realize and properly appreciate what a nice quiet life I have led..

Liberal education...
Hmm in my experience with the education system I have found them very resistant to change, ie conservative.

You're beyond idiocy.

on 'evil'

What about killing murderers? There are many reasonable ways to render a murderer harmless besides execution - hell, with most crimes of passion and such a recommit would be unlikely anyway. Therefore, hurting them would be needless.

Back