"Evil"

Calling people "good" and "bad" people is simplistic logic.
Not always.

One's intent is important in making such distinctions. When Hitler and his cronies decided on the Final Solution they were certainly in the 'bad' camp, it wasn't just their action that was bad, the full intent, the plan, etc. make it clear that the people involved were also 'bad'.

What about killing murderers? There are many reasonable ways to render a murderer harmless besides execution - hell, with most crimes of passion and such a recommit would be unlikely anyway. Therefore, hurting them would be needless.
I find it needless and unnecessarily kind.

Not always.

One's intent is important in making such distinctions. When Hitler and his cronies decided on the Final Solution they were certainly in the 'bad' camp, it wasn't just their action that was bad, the full intent, the plan, etc. make it clear that the people involved were also 'bad'.

What were they trying to do, Damo? Was their plan to "go out and be evil"?

What were they trying to do, Damo? Was their plan to "go out and be evil"?
Their intent was to kill every Jew, their action, by attempting to hide it from even those in their own nation, made it clear that they knew what they were doing was wrong. So yes, their intent was evil as well as the action.

Next time you get a speeding ticket, the government murder you and find it "unnecessarily kind", stupid logic Damo, idiotic logic.
Living forever with no freedom would be far more nasty than just killing me. If those are the only two choices I choose death, it is kinder.

Your view is simplistic and short-sighted. As well as the extreme exaggeration.

Their intent was to kill every Jew, their action, by attempting to hide it from even those in their own nation, made it clear that they knew what they were doing was wrong. So yes, their intent was evil as well as the action.

They believed they were doing evil, Damo? Really?

Living forever with no freedom would be far more nasty than just killing me. If those are the only two choices I choose death, it is kinder.

Your view is simplistic and short-sighted. As well as the extreme exaggeration.

The death penalty is the murder penalty. Lifetime solitary confinment is just barbaric. I can't see how a person with actual humanity feelings would even consider such an option. Pure idiocy. That's far worse than simply KILLING someone, you're right, and should never be used as a punishment for it.

We do not hand out punishments in RETRIBUTION, or vengeance. We do it for the good of society. If someone is simply locked up, obviously they are no threat to society. There is no need to devise special, costly tortures for them just because you're a sodist asshole.

A little correction needed in this diatribe...........

I do not hand out punishments in RETRIBUTION, or vengeance. I do it for the good of society. If I am simply locked up, obviously I am no threat to society. There is no need to devise special, costly tortures for me just because I am a asshole.[/QUOTE

...There that looks better!

Last edited:
They believed they were doing evil, Damo? Really?
It doesn't matter what they believed, it matters what their intent was. Was their intent evil? Yes. Why they believed it to be the right thing to do will not change that the very concept was steeped in evil.

No, Weedstumbler, the guy who goes after his daughter's alleged rapist is not necessarily evil. If he shoots the alleged rapist he has done an evil thing, however. He will have to face legal justice.
Sorry you said vengeance, not vengeful acts, going after the guy is a good thing to do, so is shooting him. I'm not denying that he wouldn't or shouldn't face legal justice but the act was a good one and not an evil one. It is sick that you think that way...honestly the one place in life where you deserve to use emotion over logic is in justice with the victim in consideration, yet Liberals do the reverse.

Good people do bad things all the time. And vice verse, of course. That's the trouble with dimwit cons who insist on dividing the world into good people and bad people. It's a childish sort of conception.
It's not childish at all, if the enormity of the evil act is such that it outweighs the good that person has done, then you can reasonably say they are an evil person.

The only really valid use for a correctional justice system is rehabilitation.
Do you really think a correctional justice system is going to scare a rapist into not reoffending? Sad, and no wonder reoffending rates are skyhigh in Liberal areas.
Moreover do you really think that rapists and sex offenders CAN be rehabilitated? You assume too much. I think you are out of your element here, you leftoids love to blame society and so on for any crime being borne out of economic need, yet there is clearly none here, so who do you try and blame? Conservatives.
Like being tough on them is the cause of their evil actions, moron.

We do not hand out punishments in RETRIBUTION, or vengeance. We do it for the good of society. If someone is simply locked up, obviously they are no threat to society. There is no need to devise special, costly tortures for them just because you're a sodist asshole.
Retribution is a primary logical reason for why people do not offend, because they fear the consequences. Honestly you're only a teen, do you remember as a child WHY you didn't do certain bad things? Because you feared punishment.
You have to let go of this adolescent argumentative need to equate what is simple with being what is wrong.

"The threat of severe retaliation does not fail to deter even people driven by seemingly irresistible passion." - Mises

You may find this interesting:
http://www.mises.org/story/2506

Back