Fairness Doctrine

Yep the old lets nuke me all and let God sort em out line from the religious right.

Strange I have not heard that line in months now....

Right, like you dont. Damo, why do you think Cheney planted his stories in The NY Times, and not the Denver Post?
I don't I can fully see lean where it is. I don't sit around arguing that Fox doesn't lean to the right. And I don't attempt to defend pretend stories defended by "that is what he would have said and it is therefore accurate".

"Well, I disagree, I think that fear had a lot to do with it, though it is certain that some people did have the mindset of "let's nuke the ragheads". They are the 30% who still support bush today."

I agree that they are likely the ones continuing to give Bush favorable ratings.

"I don't know what "scare tactics" anyone, outside of this adminstration, have used against the American people that could possibly compare to "vote for me or you'll die", and "support the war, or you'll die in a chemical attack"."

I did not mean to imply to the same extent. But scare tactics are used consistently by both parties. Abortion, gay marriage, changes to social security, medicare, medicaid, etc.... and oh yeah... global warming.

"Probably because you haven't been hanging around in churches."

Careful now... one of the first and most vocal voices against the war came straight out of the Vatican.

I don't I can fully see lean where it is. I don't sit around arguing that Fox doesn't lean to the right. And I don't attempt to defend pretend stories defended by "that is what he would have said and it is therefore accurate".

Mary Mapes said this? I'll have to check into that.

Damo, the facts of the story were correct, and that story should have been given play in our "liberal" media, but it wasn't, and the fact remains, that a guy who came from a rich family and pulled strings to avoid Vietnam was turned into some kind of war hero, while the actual war hero, was turned into a cowardly traitor.

He didn't even show up for service in the guard. The whole thing is disgusting.

Probably because you haven't been hanging around in churches.

well not that kind certainly. A year or so ago I thought I was going to get kicked out of church. They had a guest speaker/preacher that spoke of satan and liberals in the same tone. I asked him if he did not realize that Jesus was to his current day church a radical liberal ?
I thought the ass was going to have a stroke and start babbling in tongues....
Pretty funny.

well not that kind certainly. A year or so ago I thought I was going to get kicked out of church. They had a guest speaker/preacher that spoke of satan and liberals in the same tone. I asked him if he did not realize that Jesus was to the his current day church a radical liberal ?
Pretty funny.

Oh, I wish I could have seen that!

well not that kind certainly. A year or so ago I thought I was going to get kicked out of church. They had a guest speaker/preacher that spoke of satan and liberals in the same tone. I asked him if he did not realize that Jesus was to the his current day church a radical liberal ?
Pretty funny.

Good one.

My sister-in-law is an evangelical in the making. A while back, when my brother was real sick, she brought some evangelical preacher that she knew, in to pray for him.

During the prayer for my brother, he started blabbing about the war on iraq, and the war on the evil-doers, and to pray for president bush. Man, I wanted to punch that preacher in the mouth. WTF does that have to do with my brother?

;)

"If you could get it by me, yes! But I'm too smart for you and your wiles."

LOL.... perhaps... you do certainly keep me on my toes. But I have yet to use my double-secret probation wiles.... who knows... perhaps they will succeed.

Oh, I wish I could have seen that!

It was good, all kinds of reaction in the church. anger , puzzlement, agreement, etc.
It was about as funny as the squirrel in church song/video.

I am one of those whom you don't want to ask me what I think if you really don't want to know.

It was good, all kinds of reaction in the church. anger , puzzlement, agreement, etc.
It was about as funny as the squirrel in church song/video.

I am one of those whom you don't want to ask me what I think if you really don't want to know.

usc, do I look fat in this outfit?

;)

"Man, I wanted to punch that preacher in the mouth. WTF does that have to do with my brother? "

I commend you for your restraint. I fear I simply would have knocked his ass out in that situation. THEN I would have asked what it had to do with my brother.

Back