Family leaves US over religious concerns to start new life, becomes lost at sea

You claimed I stated that displaying religious intolerance by mocking people for their beliefs was morally right. I said no such thing.

I said no such thing.

I asked this question:

So you believe that displaying religious intolerance by mocking people for their beliefs is morally right and draft-dodgers ignored the law?

You sure your eyes are OK? Do I need to explain the meaning of the question mark to you?

Nice dodge.

You mocked them because they are different, didn't you?

Differences between homogeneous groups don't just cover dress, appearance, or behavior.

Why is it not OK to belittle African-Americans for their appearance but OK to denigrate people based on their faith?

You called them crazies based on their beliefs, and wrongly associated them with Mr. Cruz.

Do you mock Rastas because they believe Haile Selassie was the Messiah?

Would you criticize the Rastas?

I am not crticizing their clothes, race or even really their religion. I am criticizing their ideas or the specific application of their relgion. I think it is somewhat amusing that their intolerance has driven them to such dangerous actions but I hope they will be a little safer, for their kids sake.

Bad ideas should be challenged. Who cares what someone wears or the color of their skin? I don't. Those are superficial and any criticism you have will be based based on cultural biases. It's the focus of a bigot, like you. I am interested in the ideas.

More crazies like Ted Cruz's father. They were headed for an island that is being abandoned due to rising sea levels. lol

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...amily-sails-out-of-america-and-gets-stranded/
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...in-fiji-as-new-home-for-103000-islanders?lite

Hannah Gastonguay said her family was fed up with government control in the U.S. As Christians they don't believe in "abortion, homosexuality, in the state-controlled church," she said.
U.S. "churches aren't their own," Gastonguay said, suggesting that government regulation interfered with religious independence.
Among other differences, she said they had a problem with being "forced to pay these taxes that pay for abortions we don't agree with."

I love the way that the media buys these stories about places like Kiribati sinking beneath the waves. If I was the president of that island republic I would feed a load of bullshit to the usual idiots in order to get a shitload of money as well.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/03/09/kiribati-on-the-move-not-sinking/

I am criticizing their ideas or the specific application of their relgion. I think it is somewhat amusing that their intolerance has driven them to such dangerous actions but I hope they will be a little safer, for their kids sake.
Bad ideas should be challenged. I am interested in the ideas.

So mocking someone for their sincere religious beliefs is not bigotry?

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with hatred, contempt, or intolerance on the basis of a person's ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

So mocking someone for their sincere religious beliefs is not bigotry?

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with hatred, contempt, or intolerance on the basis of a person's ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

I am mocking their ideas. Again, there is no intolerance. The notion that criticizing the positions of another is bigoty is plainly stupid. You are trying to shutdown debate of your intolerant ideas, with stupid semantics and talking in cricles.

I am mocking their ideas. Again, there is no intolerance. The notion that criticizing the positions of another is bigoty is plainly stupid. You are trying to shutdown debate of your intolerant ideas, with stupid semantics and talking in cricles.

LOL, so mocking the religious ideas of people you disagree with isn't bigotry?

Who suggested they should be used to guide our nation?

Is bigotry not bigotry when you think you have a "good" reason for exercising it?

It's not bigotry when it is not bigotry. I am not being intolerant of their ideas. Nobody is suggesting they be punished.

They suggested their ideas should be used to guide our nation by reacting to our changes on same sex marriage. The GOP suggests it all the time and falsely claims that this was a Christian nation.

sure if we finish the sentence...They suggested their ideas should be used to guide our nation by reacting to our changes on same sex marriage. It's in the op.

Where?

Here's the OP, verbatim:

More crazies like Ted Cruz's father. They were headed for an island that is being abandoned due to rising sea levels. lol

Hannah Gastonguay said her family was fed up with government control in the U.S. As Christians they don't believe in "abortion, homosexuality, in the state-controlled church," she said. U.S. "churches aren't their own," Gastonguay said, suggesting that government regulation interfered with religious independence. Among other differences, she said they had a problem with being "forced to pay these taxes that pay for abortions we don't agree with."

Where?

Here's the OP, verbatim:

Here...

Hannah Gastonguay said her family was fed up with government control in the U.S. As Christians they don't believe in "abortion, homosexuality, in the state-controlled church," she said. U.S. "churches aren't their own," Gastonguay said, suggesting that government regulation interfered with religious independence. Among other differences, she said they had a problem with being "forced to pay these taxes that pay for abortions we don't agree with."

Here...Hannah Gastonguay said her family was fed up with government control in the U.S. [As Christians they don't believe in "abortion, homosexuality, in the state-controlled church," she said. U.S. "churches aren't their own," Gastonguay said, suggesting that government regulation interfered with religious independence. Among other differences, she said they had a problem with being "forced to pay these taxes that pay for abortions we don't agree with."

I saw that.

First, nowhere does the person quoted (Hannah Gastonguay) say her ideas should be used to guide our nation.

Second, "suggesting" is third-person. That means the writer infers that government regulation interfered with religious independence, not that anyone's ideas should be used to guide our nation, as you claimed.

They suggested their ideas should be used to guide our nation by reacting to our changes on same sex marriage.

Not that I can see. You're reading something into this, aren't you? Prejudiced, maybe?

I saw that.

First, nowhere does the person quoted (Hannah Gastonguay) say her ideas should be used to guide our nation.

Second, "suggesting" is third-person. That means the writer infers that government regulation interfered with religious independence, not that anyone's ideas should be used to guide our nation, as you claimed.

Not that I can see. You're reading something into this, aren't you? Prejudiced, maybe?

So you say. I say, they expressed their opposition to our government based on their religious ideas, which I am criticizing. Now can you make an actual point are are you just going to continue crying for another fifty posts?

So you say. I say, they expressed their opposition to our government based on their religious ideas, which I am criticizing. Now can you make an actual point are are you just going to continue crying for another fifty posts?

LOL. They never "suggested that their ideas should guide our state", as you claimed, did they?

In fact, they left America to start a life elsewhere, didn't they?

Back