Favorite Vegetables.

I would prob say Brussels Sprouts & I am shocked how many picked them........ No wonder they are more expensive...lol That & they are hard to grow..

I prob eat more Broc than anything now but certainly very fresh corn on the cob & cauliflower cooked & raw..
Trader Joe's sells them fresh on the stalk...also whole, half, shredded, and frozen ($.99)

:palm:

We have been eating it here for forty years......... Where do you live??

New York, I've been to some other parts of the country.

They tend to have nothing creative, or out of the box.

They kind of just know
Burger, Brisket, Hotdog, Steak, Cornbread, Fried Chicken, Grits, Hamhocks, type of things.

All they know of Italian is Olive Garden, for the most part, or Papa Johns
LOL

They kind of just know
Burger, Brisket, Hotdog, Steak, Cornbread, Fried Chicken, Grits, Hamhocks, type of things.

LOL

I'm guessing up in the woods some place..

Out here in civilization there is that & much, much, much more.......

While I dislike papa john cause he is an asshole & I have never eaten there, the one location that was here went out of business when some Afghans opened up a Greek Halal restaurant next door., which I have eaten @ a few times.....

Asparagus if you insist on cooking it. Or potatos if tubors are vegetables. They seem like a third sort to me.

It depends on how you define a vegetable. There are three major definition of Vegetable.

#1. Is any plant used as food. This is the most common definition. It would include any plant or part of a plant used for food and would include herbaceous plants, roots, tubers, grains, legumes and fruits.

#2. This definition is the second most common and has a qualifier. A herbaceous plant grown for an edible part used for food. This excludes all plant based foods that are not herbaceous. Under this definition roots, tubers, grains, legumes and fruits are not considered vegetables. This definition can be problematic in that there are quite a few food plants that fit into two or more categories. Green beans are a good example. They share qualities present in herbaceous plants, legumes and fruits but don’t really meet the definition of any of these three groups.

#3. Is a useless person who does nothing.

For the sake of discussion I was using #2 and #3 but I’m not going to be a vegetable Nazi about it.

Last edited:
It depends on how you define a vegetable. There are three major definition of Vegetable.

#1. Is any plant used as food. This is the most common definition. It would include any plant or part of a plant used for food and would include herbaceous plants, roots, tubers, grains, legumes and fruits.

#2. This definition is the second most common and has a qualifier. A herbaceous plant grown for an edible part used for food. This excludes all plant based foods that are not herbaceous. Under this definition roots, tubers, grains, legumes and fruits are not considered vegetables. This definition can be problematic in that there are quite a few food plants that fit into two or more categories. Green beans are a good example. They share qualities present in herbaceous plants, legumes and fruits but don’t really meet the definition of any of these three groups.

#3. Is a useless person who does nothing.

For the sake of discussion I was using #2 and #3 but I’m not going to be a vegetable Nazi about it.

I was going more with veg vs starch.
Should have included onions and mushrooms.
Not wild about most vegetables. Broccoli is good but i prefer it raw.

A lot of the things that I ate a lot of as a kid I tend to avoid, corn is an exception, it is my fav veg.

They kind of just know

LOL
You need to get out more often. Zucchini blossoms are even better but that’s something most city folk who have never actually grown food would know.

Anyone tried oriental jewel yams aka sweet potatoes??

Deep purple on the outside & white inside, developed in Japan originally..

Biggest complaint about them is "they are to sweet".........

They kind of just know

LOL

Olive Garden actually has fried zucchini. Plenty of great Italian outside New York City. Had great Italian in Chicago and in Kelowna, B.C.

Olive Garden actually has fried zucchini. Plenty of great Italian outside New York City. Had great Italian in Chicago and in Kelowna, B.C.

:laugh: That has to be a mom & pop place.

Prob no one on this board or many others are going to hear anyone giving props to Kelowna, BC......

Been to Vancouver many times but never that far out into the boonies.........

:laugh: That has to be a mom & pop place.

Prob no one on this board or many others are going to hear anyone giving props to Kelowna, BC......

Been to Vancouver many times but never that far out into the boonies.........

Kelowna isn't the boonies it's basically the Napa Valley of Canada. It's a small city area surrounded by the lake, rivers and vineyards. The restaurant was a highly regarded and authentic Neapolitan pizzeria. http://anticapizza.ca/index.html

Back