Fight Night: Barack Obama versus Australian Prime Minister....

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Australian Prime Minister John Howard: "If I was running al-Qaeda in Iraq I would put a circle around March 2008 and pray as many times as possible for a victory, not only for Obama, but also for the Democrats," Mr Howard said on the Nine Network's Sunday, referring to Senator Obama's plan to pull US troops out of Iraq by March next year.

In a pointed reference to Australia's modest contingent of 1400 troops in Iraq and around the Persian Gulf, the Democratic star said: "So, if he's ginned up to fight the good fight in Iraq, I would suggest he call up another 20,000 Australians and send them up to Iraq."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21215775-2,00.html

LOL. I read about this. I feel the exact same way Obama does. The more he talks the more I like him. Nice response and everyone knows they were thinking the same thing! ;)

LOL. I read about this. I feel the exact same way Obama does. The more he talks the more I like him. Nice response and everyone knows they were thinking the same thing! ;)

This was perfect. Tell australian to send their own god damn troops, if they think this war is worth it.

It is pretty funny that Bush is having to look outside the USA for support of his war.
I found it interesting, when a portion of his message was to look to the rest of the world for support, that Obama found time to start up a negative dialogue with one of our closest allies. I think it was a bit irresponsible to begin negative dialogues with those whom we have some of the closest ties.

I found it interesting, when a portion of his message was to look to the rest of the world for support, that Obama found time to start up a negative dialogue with one of our closest allies. I think it was a bit irresponsible to begin negative dialogues with those whom we have some of the closest ties.

Ohh like Freedom Fries ?

Well, the first point is that Obama didn't "start" this, or "begin" this. The australian PM did.

Secondly, I don't care who the Ally is -- I don't care if its Winston Churchill -- if somebody says that "Al Qaeda is praying for you to win an election", then you have a right to punch them back in the mouth.

What's responsible is making it clear as to where you stand on the war and having our troops there. If Obama were to be elected and pull out our troops day one of his presidency, he'd have complete freedom to increase Australian troops and stand his ground. He'll just be doing it without our support. He's already been dragged through the mud in his own country for supporting this fiasco and we all know that misery loves company. He's worried about his own image and his own political aspirations. Once the US is out of the picture and vacates Iraq, what will that say about his leadership?

mark my words; by election time, it'll be "obama who?" or at most, he'll have the token spot that used to belong to sharpdressedmanton and jesse jerkson. no way he'll even come close to the nomination.

Make a bet with Dixie Hip ;)
the closest I come to betting is buying stocks or an occasional lotto ticket.

You may well be right, but I see him as a probable running mate.

Make a bet with Dixie Hip ;)
the closest I come to betting is buying stocks or an occasional lotto ticket.

You may well be right, but I see him as a probable running mate.

the only way he'll be arunning mate is if the dems think they have no chance of winning, like geraldine ferrarra was (first woman vp candidate in a no win election); the only way that's gonna happen is if shrub finally gets some cajones and fights a war the way it should be fought and has a glorious victory; then the dems could run God and still lose...but that's highly unlikely at this point....

The war should not have been fought at all.

true. but if you're gonna fight a war (right or wrong) you gotta fight it to win it; not just to occupy (which was the real objective, any way; the real war was to be with iran, and it still may happen)

mark my words; by election time, it'll be "obama who?" or at most, he'll have the token spot that used to belong to sharpdressedmanton and jesse jerkson. no way he'll even come close to the nomination.

weren't you the same guy who gave Jim Webb no chance in Virginia?

If I were you, I pronosticate about things other than politics.

Well, the first point is that Obama didn't "start" this, or "begin" this. The australian PM did.

Secondly, I don't care who the Ally is -- I don't care if its Winston Churchill -- if somebody says that "Al Qaeda is praying for you to win an election", then you have a right to punch them back in the mouth.
Right.... I gaurantee that your voice would be different if a R candidate began, oh let's say such a dialogue with the leader of Spain over what he thought was a poor choice.

Of course I think the Aussie was foolish for stooping to such a level as well.

Right, Freedom Fries was a direct discussion with the leader of another nation about how they should act...

Oh wait, it wasn't.

no...it was a huge slap in the face to our oldest ally.... who, if you'll notice, was RIGHT about the war being a boneheaded counterproductive move.....

versus some irrelevant Aussie who thinks he needs to interject himself into American politics because he has a handful of non-combatant support forces in Iraq..... and all Barak said was, if he was all hot to go and thought this war was such a sterling idea, he could send HIS boys to die in droves....

it makes perfect sense and I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment and the tone.

The douchebag deserved a hell of a lot worse that what Barak gave him, if you ask me.

Back