First Michael now Prince!

I sure hope it wasn't a drug od or something sordid like that. In the music industry the label "Genius" is thrown around to casually. In Prince's case it was accurate.

From what I have heard he had the flu and kept some engagements while canceling others.
Jim Henson died from pneumonia brought on by a case of the flu as well. He was 53
They were both workaholics and had no time to get sick and stay in bed.

You can't compare Prince (or formerly known as?) to a child diddler. Michael may have been a good musician, but he molested children.

Comparing the two is a crime against Prince's greatness.

He was Jehovah's witness, I don't think he did drugs.

I hope not but TMZ says maybe.

Prince Treated for Drug Overdose Days Before Death

EXCLUSIVE
42116-prince-getty-11.jpg

Prince
was treated for a drug overdose 6 days before his death ... multiple sources tell TMZ.

We broke the story ... Prince's private jet made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, hours after he performed in Atlanta. At the time his reps said he was battling the flu ... something we questioned because his plane was only 48 minutes from home before the unscheduled landing.

Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a "save shot" ... typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate. Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible ... Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home.

We're told when Prince left he "was not doing well."

I hope not but TMZ says maybe.

Prince Treated for Drug Overdose Days Before Death

EXCLUSIVE
42116-prince-getty-11.jpg

Prince
was treated for a drug overdose 6 days before his death ... multiple sources tell TMZ.

We broke the story ... Prince's private jet made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, hours after he performed in Atlanta. At the time his reps said he was battling the flu ... something we questioned because his plane was only 48 minutes from home before the unscheduled landing.

Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a "save shot" ... typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate. Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible ... Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home.

We're told when Prince left he "was not doing well."

An hour long special on MSNBC said he was performing with a sore hip, and an autopsy was being done.

Opiates were mentioned, so sad.

I think he would have gone on all night playing that riff if they had let him.

It is rare to hear anyone getting those kind of sounds out of a Telecaster. The traditional Tele has a very trebly tone that is popular among "chicken pickers" and country artists in particular. He must be using the neck rather than the bridge pickup.

It is rare to hear anyone getting those kind of sounds out of a Telecaster. The traditional Tele has a very trebly tone that is popular among "chicken pickers" and country artists in particular. He must be using the neck rather than the bridge pickup.

Prince did not play a Fender Telecaster. He played a Hohner Madcat Telecaster custom built to his specs. It has a solid maple body not ash or alder like a Fender, resulting in a fuller, deeper tone with more sustain than any Fender. Note the headstock in the video. No Fender logo. Prince was no hillbilly.
Poor Borbo

Prince did not play a Fender Telecaster. He played a Hohner Madcat Telecaster custom built to his specs. It has a solid maple body not ash or alder like a Fender, resulting in a fuller, deeper tone with more sustain than any Fender. Note the headstock in the video. No Fender logo. Prince was no hillbilly.
Poor Borbo

I don't recall saying that it was a Fender, his guitar is a Japanese made Fender Telecaster copy. In actual fact the body wood makes some difference to the sound but then arguably the pickups, strings, nut, neck and fingerboard are equally, if not more more important. Oh and before you ask I have a Strat and a Les Paul.

Last edited:
Some serious great musicians have passed this year but I haven't seen this kind of outpouring of grief for a musician since Lennon was murdered.

Back