First Michael now Prince!

The bad news is seemingly endless!!

13043779_10156885011460790_2898704139948806931_n.jpg

One of the things that was interesting about Prince's music was how fundamental it was in structure. How you could take one of his songs and change the styling and it would still work. Example, I saw a video some time back (I'll try to hunt it down) where a Country music artist did a country cover of "Kiss" and danged if it didn't work.

Of course you wouldn't think he's great. Wrong color.

Assuming again?

I don't like his style of music. See, you go directly for the race card without giving anything else consideration. It was your first, last, and only assumption.

I don't like you. Are you white? If so, so much for your argument.

Assuming again?

I don't like his style of music. See, you go directly for the race card without giving anything else consideration. It was your first, last, and only assumption.

I don't like you. Are you white? If so, so much for your argument.

And your comment "Michael who?" means...?

You don't have the class to understand that while you may not like the music, others do, and that Prince's unexpected death came as a big shock. You immediately get disrespectful. I don't like you either.

You don't have to like Prince's music to appreciate his talent & understand that he's one of the greats.

I don't like jazz, but I understand 100% that Miles Davis was on another planet in terms of artistry.

And your comment "Michael who?" means...?

You don't have the class to understand that while you may not like the music, others do, and that Prince's unexpected death came as a big shock. You immediately get disrespectful. I don't like you either.

It came as a big shock to those that liked his music. To those that don't, he's no different than someone you'll never hear of. In fact, to those that do like his music, he's no different. He's just known. I don't hold someone in high regard because they happened to do something that was in public. There are plenty of people that make contributions to their field of endeavor to the same level that you'll never acknowledge. How is Prince Rogers Nelson any better than them?

It said "Michael". Why don't you tell me what you think I mean since you think that I say things for which you can provide no proof.

You don't have to like Prince's music to appreciate his talent & understand that he's one of the greats.

I don't like jazz, but I understand 100% that Miles Davis was on another planet in terms of artistry.
Can't we like both?

I have to admit the new Country sound is such a artificial faux redneck pretension that I simply don't like it. In fact I find it kind of offensive. I know to many people with rural backgrounds who aren't shit kickers...including me. Now country music that's true to its folk music origins I love...well except maybe bluegrass. I'm not overly fond of the sound of women singing through their noses but then again, beauty and art are in the eye of the beholder.

Back