Florida's Schedule

Florida's schedule is going to be worse after the regular season ends.

MS State hung 19 on them, including 2 interceptions. MS State barely managed 3 points against Bama. And if Tebow thinks it was hard to throw against State, wait till he tries it against us.

Way to get pumped. One would never guess he's already proved it last year.

Way to get pumped. One would never guess he's already proved it last year.

Last year? Last year Florida was an offensive powerhouse. This year they are not.

And their best receivers are gone. Not to mention the fact that our defense got tougher. It took OT to beat LSU last year. This year it only took 3 quarters of play.

Tebow is still Tebow and I know Saban is not taking their offense as lightly as u r.
They wanted to help Tebow's NFL prospects with more pro style looks. While admirable you know see IMO how Harvin actually helped Tebow more then the other way around. I hope you guys beat em by 20. As Saban and Bama in general are a knotch above urb in the class dept. Tebow is still a beast, and come SEC championship day I expect more called runs from him as that's where he's most dangerous.

Tebow is still Tebow and I know Saban is not taking their offense as lightly as u r.
They wanted to help Tebow's NFL prospects with more pro style looks. While admirable you know see IMO how Harvin actually helped Tebow more then the other way around. I hope you guys beat em by 20. As Saban and Bama in general are a knotch above urb in the class dept. Tebow is still a beast, and come SEC championship day I expect more called runs from him as that's where he's most dangerous.

Their defense is not as tough as it was last year, and our running game is better. Which means we can keep Tebow off the field.

Our pass defense is better this year, and our run defense has been a brick wall. Which means, with less passing done their running game will not do as well.

I don't take anyone lightly. But I don't see FL being as dangerous as they were last year, and they barely beat us last year.

right, all the experts are wrong
I'll take national championships, stanford is a team that can't win more than 5 games a year. But they can put 55 on SC at home.
What experts? Some mouth breather from ESPN who flunked out from an SEC journalism major? Give me a break! LOL

If I was Florida, against Bama I would pass early in the game and run Bama's legs off, Keep Bama's offense off the field, then when they run the defenses legs off with the pass attack, turn terrible Tim loose on the running attack, options, wildcats, run the I, run, run run. If Bama has a comparable time of possesion as Florida, Bama will win the game.

Man you know about as much about football as you do politics. The PAC 10 is inarguably the toughtest conference in college football this year.

You're stupid as dirt. The PAC Ten's BEST team is 8-2 Oregon, the SEC has TWO 10-0 teams! Where in the fuck do you get that it is "inarguable" the Pac 10 is tougher, I don't know... they ARE suckier! ...they ARE bigger losers! THAT is inarguable!

If I was Florida, against Bama I would pass early in the game and run Bama's legs off, Keep Bama's offense off the field, then when they run the defenses legs off with the pass attack, turn terrible Tim loose on the running attack, options, wildcats, run the I, run, run run. If Bama has a comparable time of possesion as Florida, Bama will win the game.

Run? Against the #2 rushing defense in the nation? How you do that Mott?

Yes... By all means Florida, keep our dangerous and lethal offense off the field, and let our All-American-laden defense play! That's a winning strategy for ya! Listen to Mott... real football genius!

You're stupid as dirt. The PAC Ten's BEST team is 8-2 Oregon, the SEC has TWO 10-0 teams! Where in the fuck do you get that it is "inarguable" the Pac 10 is tougher, I don't know... they ARE suckier! ...they ARE bigger losers! THAT is inarguable!
The discussion is not who has the best team but who has the toughest conference top to bottom. It's obvious to anyone but a true believer in the SEC mythology that the PAC 10 is the strongest conference, top to bottom in the nation. Cawacko is right. Bama or Florida could not go undefeated in the PAC 10 this year.

Sagarin, Anderson & Hester and Wolfe - all computer components of the BCS rank the Pac 10 the toughest conference this year.
Well don't you know that some mouth breather who grew up in pigs knuckle Arkansas knows more bout football then any danged computer!!! LOL

Run? Against the #2 rushing defense in the nation? How you do that Mott?

Yes... By all means Florida, keep our dangerous and lethal offense off the field, and let our All-American-laden defense play! That's a winning strategy for ya! Listen to Mott... real football genius!
You didn't read my post Dixie (nothing unussual there). I said pass early in the game! By passing the ball early they can stretch Bama's defense out early in the game, Make them run all over the field covering the pass attack. Run their legs off and run up points, keep Bama's defense on the field. Then later in the second half of the game switch to the run, which will be more affective against a tired defense and run the clock out. But the key is for Florida to keep Bamas offense off the field.

If I was Florida I'd come out like a Bill Walsh offense. Set up the run by passing.

Dixie, you've obviously missed the crux of the argument. Yes Florida is undefeated but look at their schedule. They play one ranked team this year, LSU. Look at their non-conference schedule, nobody. You have to look at more than the record. Alabama will play two ranked teams, LSU & Va Tech, that's it. LSU is ranked in the Top 10 but hasn't beat a ranked team.

When you schedule four cupcake non-conference opponents and then play Kentucky, Miss St. and Vanderbilt it's like seven gimmie games.

This isn't arguing that Florida and Alabama aren't good. I'm just pointing out the facts. Look at Texas and their OOC schedule. They played/beat one ranked team all year.

To state again I get the passion of the SEC fans. I know what its about. But it's that passion that doesn't allow you to see what's really going on in the whole of the college football world this year.

Sagarin, Anderson & Hester and Wolfe - all computer components of the BCS rank the Pac 10 the toughest conference this year.

exactly cause a computer can not use eyes to see what all experts see.
Cawacko, welcome back. I know unranked Stanford dropping a double nickle on your trojans at home with a 2pt conversion attempt at the end was hard to swallow. Pete Carroll deserved it just like when he overlooked Wash and got Hammered by the much better oregon.

Again, the Pro's are not calling a conference with it's top team at #10 the best in any sport especially not football.
We'll see that's what the bowl games are all about.

The discussion is not who has the best team but who has the toughest conference top to bottom. It's obvious to anyone but a true believer in the SEC mythology that the PAC 10 is the strongest conference, top to bottom in the nation. Cawacko is right. Bama or Florida could not go undefeated in the PAC 10 this year.

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything impressive from Pac 10 play. I look at USC, Oregon, Washington's schedules, and it looks like a list of creampuffs. San Jose State, Idaho, Minnesota... Sure, they play each other... but none of them are worth a shit!

There is no mythology regarding the SEC, history speaks for itself. Most every credible and objective sports analyst has the SEC ranked toughest, this year, last year, next year, every year. This is why you will almost always see the BCS Championship include an undefeated SEC team. Going undefeated in the SEC is no easy task, and a team that is able to do that, and win a conference championship game as well, is certainly deserving of a bid in the Big Show.

Back