Florida's Schedule

It's a one game season for me right now. The hell with the rest of the world. GO BUCKS! MUCK FICHIGAN!!

Season's over for me. I am already looking forward to next year when Potts is gone and Sticks is healed up from foot surgery. He sure looked good for the one game he was healthy.

Wish I could cheer for your Buckeye's, but I'm a Big 12 kinda girl and as much as it pains me, I guess I will be all hook 'em horns from here on out!

Season's over for me. I am already looking forward to next year when Potts is gone and Sticks is healed up from foot surgery. He sure looked good for the one game he was healthy.

Wish I could cheer for your Buckeye's, but I'm a Big 12 kinda girl and as much as it pains me, I guess I will be all hook 'em horns from here on out!
Hey we got some common ground. OK, You're not much of OSU fan and I"m not much for TT but we can both agree that

MICHIGAN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pke:

Dixie, you've obviously missed the crux of the argument. Yes Florida is undefeated but look at their schedule. They play one ranked team this year, LSU. Look at their non-conference schedule, nobody. You have to look at more than the record. Alabama will play two ranked teams, LSU & Va Tech, that's it. LSU is ranked in the Top 10 but hasn't beat a ranked team.

When you schedule four cupcake non-conference opponents and then play Kentucky, Miss St. and Vanderbilt it's like seven gimmie games.

This isn't arguing that Florida and Alabama aren't good. I'm just pointing out the facts. Look at Texas and their OOC schedule. They played/beat one ranked team all year.

To state again I get the passion of the SEC fans. I know what its about. But it's that passion that doesn't allow you to see what's really going on in the whole of the college football world this year.

Well, sorry, but Kentucky, Miss St., and Vandy are not gimme games. Let's see USC travel to Starkville, MS and endure the ever-ringing cowbells! Vandy and Kentucky are ALWAYS a threat, because they have nothing to lose and everything to play for when they face an Alabama or Florida. People forget, but Alabama had to kick a last-second 52 yd. field goal to beat Vandy in 2006. In 1996, it was a 17-16 loss to Miss St. which prompted Coach Stallings to resign. The WORST in the SEC are usually capable of giving the top teams fits, and usually do.

I think I understand "the whole of college football" as much as you do, we are both passionate and partisan. You don't have any greater "insight" than me, you just see it from another perspective. Did you realize, Alabama has won a national championship in every decade for the last century, except the 1950s? This year is our last chance for this decade, and I think the boys at Bama are on a mission, and will not be denied. Lot's of football left to play though... it seems like if we beat Florida, they should just let that be it for us! We shouldn't have to play yet another game, but that is how it goes.

Here ya go Lostsoul. Here's a song by The Dead Schembechler's that will make you smile. :)

That is GREAT!! LOL Man, I miss living in a real college town. Fort Worth just doesn't measure up. TCU? I mean, come on! I wish someone would just go ahead and beat them so I wouldn't have to put up with their delusions of national championships anymore.

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything impressive from Pac 10 play. I look at USC, Oregon, Washington's schedules, and it looks like a list of creampuffs. San Jose State, Idaho, Minnesota... Sure, they play each other... but none of them are worth a shit!

There is no mythology regarding the SEC, history speaks for itself. Most every credible and objective sports analyst has the SEC ranked toughest, this year, last year, next year, every year. This is why you will almost always see the BCS Championship include an undefeated SEC team. Going undefeated in the SEC is no easy task, and a team that is able to do that, and win a conference championship game as well, is certainly deserving of a bid in the Big Show.

Dixie, do me a favor and go look at the Pac 10 OOC's and the SEC OOC's.

USC - Ohio State, Notre Dame, San Jose St.
UCLA - Tenneesee, Kansas St, San Diego St
Oregon - Boise State, Purdue, Utah
Oregon State - Cincinatti, UNLV, Portland State
Washington - LSU, Notre Dame, Idaho
Washington State - Notre Dame, Hawii, SMU
Arizona - Iowa, Central Michigan, NAU
Arizona State - Georgia, Lousiana-Monroe, Idaho State
Cal - Maryland, Minnesota, Eastern Washington
Stanford - Wake Forest, Notre Dame, San Jose St

The conference played 30 OOC games against 6 ranked teams , an additional 4 games against Notre Dame and 3 Division II teams.

Florida - Charleson Southern, Troy, Florida International, Florida State
Alabama - Virginia Tech, Florida International, North Texas, Tennessee-Chattanooga
LSU - Washington, Louisianna Lafayette, Tulane, Lousiana Tech
Georgia - Oklahoma State, Arizona State, Tennessee Tech, Georgia Tech
Auburn - Louisiana Tech, West Virginia, Ball State, Furman
Tennessee - Western Kentucky, UCLA, Ohio U, Memphis
Ole Miss - Memphis, SE Loiusiana, UAB, Northern Arizona
Miss St- Jackson State, Georgia Tech, Middle Tennessee, Houston
Vanderbilt - Western Carolina, Rice, Army, Georgia Tech
Kentucky - Miami (OH), Louisville, Lousiana-Monroe, Eastern Kentucky
South Carolina - NC St, Florida Atlantic, South Carolina St, Clemson
Arkansas - Missouri State, Texas A&M, Eastern Michigan, Troy

The SEC plays 48 OOC games with 7 against ranked teams and 11 division II teams.

So while the Pac 10 plays an extra conference game the SEC plays a Division II team.

Here are the facts for you.

If I was Florida, against Bama I would pass early in the game and run Bama's legs off, Keep Bama's offense off the field, then when they run the defenses legs off with the pass attack, turn terrible Tim loose on the running attack, options, wildcats, run the I, run, run run. If Bama has a comparable time of possesion as Florida, Bama will win the game.

Thats a decent idea. But we have been able to contain and pressure the QBs with just a 3 man rush, with occasional blitzing from the outside.

We have slapped the passing games of better passers, and still held them out of the endzone.

I think Bama will be able to run FL's defense into exhaustion. Running game eats clock. Passing either moves the ball fast or forces punts.

Well, sorry, but Kentucky, Miss St., and Vandy are not gimme games. Let's see USC travel to Starkville, MS and endure the ever-ringing cowbells! Vandy and Kentucky are ALWAYS a threat, because they have nothing to lose and everything to play for when they face an Alabama or Florida. People forget, but Alabama had to kick a last-second 52 yd. field goal to beat Vandy in 2006. In 1996, it was a 17-16 loss to Miss St. which prompted Coach Stallings to resign. The WORST in the SEC are usually capable of giving the top teams fits, and usually do.

I think I understand "the whole of college football" as much as you do, we are both passionate and partisan. You don't have any greater "insight" than me, you just see it from another perspective. Did you realize, Alabama has won a national championship in every decade for the last century, except the 1950s? This year is our last chance for this decade, and I think the boys at Bama are on a mission, and will not be denied. Lot's of football left to play though... it seems like if we beat Florida, they should just let that be it for us! We shouldn't have to play yet another game, but that is how it goes.

The difference is Dix, I can admit when the Pac 10 is having a down year. I actually have respect for the SEC. So I'm not a blind Pac 10 partisan. I have family roots in the South so I know what SEC football is about. I get the passion. So I'm not just sitting on the West Coast going 'fuck the SEC they suck'.

The SEC is down this year as a whole and the schedules the teams have played is poor.

cawacko email me some of the crack you are smoking.

when you play multiple ranked teams in your conference out of conference schedules don't mean shit.
You guys have to because untill this year you looked like a good high school conference.

how can a conf be down with 3 in the top 8 and 2 in the top 3.
Your underestimating south carolina, Ga, ark big time

We'll see when they play like ranked teams in bowls.

cawacko email me some of the crack you are smoking.

when you play multiple ranked teams in your conference out of conference schedules don't mean shit.
You guys have to because untill this year you looked like a good high school conference.

Florida played one ranked team in conference.
Alabama played one ranked team in conference.
LSU played two ranked teams in conference.

Yeah, one ranked team out of 12 games is all you all can handle huh?

Florida played one ranked team in conference.
Alabama played one ranked team in conference.
LSU played two ranked teams in conference.

Yeah, one ranked team out of 12 games is all you all can handle huh?

tools like you and mott r the only ones saying it. Why, cause it garbage.

Ga and Tenn are down this year. They are usually at least in the top 25, that I'll give you and that accounts for Fla weak schedule. My guess is Urb will schedule some tougher games in that he can't count on a quick turnaround at either.
That said 1, 3, 8 is any conference's dream

tools like you and mott r the only ones saying it. Why, cause it garbage.

Ga and Tenn are down this year. They are usually at least in the top 25, that I'll give you and that accounts for Fla weak schedule. My guess is Urb will schedule some tougher games in that he can't count on a quick turnaround at either.
That said 1, 3, 8 is any conference's dream

No, we're not the only one's saying. National announcers are saying it as well. And all I've said is the SEC is down this year. I've never said the conference historically sucks or anything close to that. But its like loving a politician its hard to admit even when you are having a down year.

Sure every conference would love 1,3 & 8 which is why more teams are going to SEC type scheduling. Look at the Big 12 and how bad most of the OOC schedules are. They are trying to be just like the SEC. I love college football and I love watching great college football games. Seeing good teams playing a bunch of shit teams doesn't excite. I love good OOC games between teams that rarely play each other.

Dixie, do me a favor and go look at the Pac 10 OOC's and the SEC OOC's.

cwacko, explain to me just exactly what the fuck the OUT OF CONFERENCE schedules have to do with the strength of the conference? I don't get it! Those are the throwaway games every team has. One year the SEC may have more creampuffs, the next year the Pac 10 may, it doesn't have a thing to do with anything, really.

The Pac 10 doesn't have a conference championship game, they play 9 conference opponents, in the SEC, you have 8 conference opponents and one extra non-conf, with a conference championship game. This means (and has been the case) that a team may have to defeat an opponent TWICE in one season, something not easy to do in ANY level of sports.

I don't think you've made the case that the Pac 10 is tougher than the SEC.

Back