APP - Follow the money - this is what Copenhagen is really about

:(

I'm sorry.

Carbon trading increases the cost of doing business with carbon. Companies are naturally going to come up with schemes to reduce their costs, and the ones most efficient at reducing carbon are going to make the most profit.

It creates artificial demand for reducing carbon. That's not "money for nothing", it's "money for reducing carbon".

It just seems to me that the only ones getting rich are third world despots and giant investment banks like Goldman Sachs. You might as well just stick the money straight into their Swiss bank accounts and cut out the middleman.

It just seems to me that the only ones getting rich are third world despots and giant investment banks like Goldman Sachs. You might as well just stick the money straight into their Swiss bank accounts and cut out the middleman.
Don't be fooled. Other countries, including the U.S. and good ol' Britain are champing at the bit to get in on the carbon tax action. We have at least one cap and trade law sitting in congress already. There's lot's of money to be made from extorting carbon fees.

And I can see scams galore in the process - specifically the sale of carbon credits which were never issued. Since they are fictional creations anyway, how do we keep track of the "genuine" government issued ones?

Don't be fooled. Other countries, including the U.S. and good ol' Britain are champing at the bit to get in on the carbon tax action. We have at least one cap and trade law sitting in congress already. There's lot's of money to be made from extorting carbon fees.

And I can see scams galore in the process - specifically the sale of carbon credits which were never issued. Since they are fictional creations anyway, how do we keep track of the "genuine" government issued ones?

I imagine the same we have in the similar sulfur dioxide scheme that's currently in place. This isn't exactly a new idea.

Carbon trading is about having to pay for CO2 emissions, not pollution.

you haven't been listening to the liberals, have you.......keep up boy, I say, ya gotta keep up! (Foghorn Leghorn imitation there).......pollution is anything you want to make money on.......

in short, so long as you can afford it, you can pollute the planet as much as you like......

Yes, if you just have some magical supply of money flowing out of nowhere. Most people want to avoid unnecessary costs though. Cap and trade raises the cost of doing business with carbon; it creates an incentive to reduce carbon. It will work the same way with carbon dioxide as it has worked with sulfur dioxide.

you haven't been listening to the liberals, have you.......keep up boy, I say, ya gotta keep up! (Foghorn Leghorn imitation there).......pollution is anything you want to make money on.......
No, I have not been listening to the liberals. You need a prefrontal lobotomy to believe any of their crap.

No, I have not been listening to the liberals. You need a prefrontal lobotomy to believe any of their crap.

Conservatives have never been wrong about anything. They are the source of pretty much everything wrong with America today and I'm fighting to restore America to the greatness they've destroyed.

Wow Tom's the typical pussy democrat male isn't he.

This is the funniest shit ever.
Explain me this!!! How are we not teaching the developing countries to use carbon. We are paying them to be like us. LOL

Wow Tom's the typical pussy democrat male isn't he.

This is the funniest shit ever.
Explain me this!!! How are we not teaching the developing countries to use carbon. We are paying them to be like us. LOL

I really don't understand what your point is, can you elaborate?

So SCIENCE is now the NEW AGE GOD for lefties..and Al Gore is the global warming Messiah..

we've been saying all along FOLLOW THE MONEY..

Science doesn't need money. How can you have a discussion about science without science? And science and religion have nothing to do with each other. :palm: How embarrassing is your post? My God.

Back