Ford F150 v Toyota Tundra

The one Chevy I owned, a Trailblazer 2004 or so, was a gas hog. It rode exactly like my Dad's '75 Cadillac that got 10mpg.

The one Chevy I owned, a Trailblazer 2004 or so, was a gas hog. It rode exactly like my Dad's '75 Cadillac that got 10mpg.

Caddis ride nice.

My C-30 rides like a caddi, but with the legendary fuel injection of a chevy, it does much better than that on gas, even with an auto trans.

Dune, are you also a "leftist" driver? That's a guy that drives for miles in the left lane while everyone else has to pass him on the right.

How hot is the Ford F-150 EcoBoost V-6? The 365-horsepower, 3.5-liter twin-turbo engine is outselling all other competing six-cylinder trucks combined, Ford says.

Ford’s 302-hp, 3.7-liter V-6 is also outselling full-size six-cylinder competitors from Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge and Toyota. Both engines accounted for 79.5 percent market share of V-6 full-size trucks sold in July, according to sales data from J.D. Power and associates.

Behind Ford are the Chevy Silverado (12.1 percent market share), GMC Sierra (4 percent), Ram trucks (3.5 percent) and Toyota Tundra (0.9 percent).

The F-Series led July sales, selling 49,104 units, with the EcoBoost making up 40 percent of them and the 3.7-liter making up 16 percent. Ford’s V-6 models outsold its V-8s for the third straight month, something that hasn’t happened since 1985. So far this year, Ford’s sales are up 8 percent, at 313,183 units.
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/08/ford-f-150-v-6-engines-continue-to-outsell-v-8-engines.html

Ooh, they captured the V-6 market!
That must be because no one else wants to waste time building that idiotic design anymore.

Cars, light trucks, same diff. Buyers want lighter weight for more payload and compactness for better weight distribution, passenger and cargo room.

My wife's E-320 has an inline 6, the main reason I chose that car.

It has awesome weight distribution, and my sons, both 6' 3" tall have plenty of leg room in the back seat.

Back