Four theories of math

Formalism​

David Hilbert agreed with the intuitionists that there is a sense in which the natural numbers are basic in mathematics. But unlike the intuitionists, Hilbert did not take the natural numbers to be mental constructions. Instead, he argued that the natural numbers can be taken to be symbols. Symbols are strictly speaking abstract objects.
gay.

dumbass....
everyone already knows numbers are symbols.

they describe how many of something there is.

You've achieved a toddler achievement.
Ten billion years before humans there were binary and trinary star systems. Obviously, the distinction in the quantity of stars in a system was objectively real before humans started using the English words 'two' and 'three'.

dumbass....
everyone already knows numbers are symbols.

they describe how many of something there is.

You've achieved a toddler achievement.
You don't know grade school grammar. But you know more about math theory than professional mathematicians. Fuck off you brain dead buffoon.

@Cypress: do you believe that before the Big Bang that in whatever "hyperspace-existence-free-whatever" that existed before the Universe Existed that the concept a thing being what it is and not some other thing did NOT exist? That it had to be ESTABLISHED?

Are you marveling at the EXISTENCE of math or the VALUE of the constants? Those are two VERY different things.
I made the simple observation that you believe matter, energy, time just popped into existence magically, without a cause, and totally miraculously.

That kind of magical thinking is no different than the magical thinking of a bible thumper.

Alan Guth (father of cosmic inflation theory), Alexander Vilenkin (author of the Borde–Guth–Vilenkin theorem), and me think it is logically necessary to specify a cause for inflation and the hot big bang. The speculative cause being the fact that the laws of physics existed, predated, and preceded the universe, although they were probably unified in some kind of grand unified theory, or a theory of everything.

Screaming at me in ALL CAPS again?

Insulting me non-stop again?

That's not consistent with your claim that you follow me around and comment on my posts because it's "fun". An ALL CAPS screaming rant is not somebody having fun.

So you don't understand your position sufficient to explain it to another person. Got it.

I never expected you to be able to grasp concepts like Platonism, ontology, objective truth.

And now I know you don't either. Otherwise you could explain what you mean. But you can't. Because all you ever do is quote other people and string together words you think make you sound smart.

I'm not surprised.

Why did you ban me from your thread on the meaning of the cosmos? Please tell me before I ban you from all my threads.

LOLOLOL. Cypress didn't ban you. YOU BANNED YOU. Your non-stop TROLLING is what got you banned by the mods.

I know this for a fact.

:)

Insulting me non-stop again?

So you don't understand your position sufficient to explain it to another person. Got it.

And now I know you don't either. Otherwise you could explain what you mean. But you can't. Because all you ever do is quote other people and string together words you think make you sound smart.

I'm not surprised.
You could look up the word "ontology" but you prefer to be a hate troll

I hope my time on this forum is not ending. This is unacceptable to have a mod be on a forum harassing people and banning them.

You could look up the word "ontology" but you prefer to be a hate troll

No, I know what ontology means. I'm just asking you to explain your statement.

Since you can't I understand your limitations.

You, like @Cypress just string words together that you think will make people think you are smarter.

Or you could prove me wrong.

Try to do it without trolling this time. You could get banned again.

No, I know what ontology means. I'm just asking you to explain your statement.

Since you can't I understand your limitations.

You, like @Cypress just string words together that you think will make people think you are smarter.

Or you could prove me wrong.

Try to do it without trolling this time. You could get banned again.
Look, go fuck yourself. My god, this forum is falling apart already.

I hope my time on this forum is not ending. This is unacceptable to have a mod be on a forum harassing people and banning them.

Maybe try NOT TROLLING people.

Or take it up with the mods. They are the ones who banned you.

Back