Freedom

Yes. It does mean that. Does that mean freedom doesn't exist? We can visit canada, does that mean freedom is not limited somewhat?

No, it just means you can't visit Cuba without your government's permission. If you wanted to exercise your free will to go to Cuba your government would stop you. So your freedom is dependent, in that case, on your government granting you permission to visit Cuba. If you wanted to go to Cuba and your government said, no, you can't go to Cuba, then you couldn't go to Cuba.

But if you were truly free, you could visit Cuba without asking for permission from your government.

Ergo, you're not truly free. Ergo, "freedom" is an illusion.

No, it just means you can't visit Cuba without your government's permission. If you wanted to exercise your free will to go to Cuba your government would stop you. So your freedom is dependent, in that case, on your government granting you permission to visit Cuba. If you wanted to go to Cuba and your government said, no, you can't go to Cuba, then you couldn't go to Cuba.

But if you were truly free, you could visit Cuba without asking for permission from your government.

Ergo, you're not truly free. Ergo, "freedom" is an illusion.

No. What you're saying is "complete freedom is rare".

Freedom exists in varying degrees, that doesn't mean it's an illusion. You may not be very smart, that doesn't mean intelligence is an illusion. Abra cadabra. Wonder twin powers activate, form of an 800 pound gorrilla, shape of a room.

Last edited:
No. What you're saying is "complete freedom is rare".

I didn't. I said "freedom is an illusion".

AssHatZombie: said:
Freedom exist in varying degrees, that doesn't mean it's an illusion. You may not be very smart, that doesn't mean intelligence is an illusion. Abra cadabra. Wonder twin powers activate, form of an 800 pound gorrilla, shape of a room.

Is this like "truthiness"? Is there a sort of "freedominess"?

Can you really go anywhere without permission ?
Permission to drive, fly, etc.
Permission requires liscences, insurance, money, etc...
Without those things you have no permission.

Technically that is what you said. What I meant is that your observations only support the statement "complete freedom is rare"

It is on a scale, yes. Your absolutist thinking on the issue is why you're so cretinesque.

Ah, I see. So there is "freedom" and there is "sort of freedom"? There are scales of freedom. There is not free right up to to totally free,

On a scale.

Okay.

A scale.

So truth is relative?

Ah, I see. So there is "freedom" and there is "sort of freedom"? There are scales of freedom. There is not free right up to to totally free,

On a scale.

Okay.

A scale.

So truth is relative?
What else is relative, if truth is relative?

My limited mind or my limited freedoms ?

The disabling interaction occurs when you overemphasize petty annoyances and grandiosify them into an imagined slave master. For real control, see the fed. WHile I have issues with all things mentioned. I still believe in freedom, relative freedom, and that basically, we're pretty damned free, but it could get worse if we fail to be vigilant.

If we continue with fiat currency, if we move to a cashless society, if we progress with insipid environmental regulation designed to kill economies, if fall for the human management techniques of overspecialization, elitism, divide and conqer, then we shall truly perish.

The disabling interaction occurs when you overemphasize petty annoyances and grandiosify them into an imagined slave master. For real control, see the fed. WHile I have issues with all things mentioned. I still believe in freedom, relative freedom, and that basically, we're pretty damned free, but it could get worse if we fail to be vigilant.

If we continue with fiat currency, if we move to a cashless society, if we progress with insipid environmental regulation designed to kill economies, if fall for the human management techniques of overspecialization, elitism, divide and conqer, then we shall truly perish.

:D and this from the guy who rants about our joo NWO masters and their big conspiracy :D

Back