Freemasons are evil

FTFY

Masons are bigots. It's no different than if they had a "no blacks allowed" rule. Now, there are clubs in the US that exclude blacks and Jews, but no one says that these clubs aren't bigoted. The Masons are clearly just an example of modern bigotry.

You do realize that you're a complete idiot, don't you!!

Na na nana na....we can keep secrets from the Pope but you can't! :p

The K-nights are a great organization (I grew up connected to another great organization called the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, and have hauled countless bags of food around my parish. My dad is currently the parish president.), but I find it funny that while the church forbids members to join secret societies, the KOC behave like one whenever they are engaged in ceremonial exercizes. :cool:

The K-nights are a great organization (I grew up connected to another great organization called the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, and have hauled countless bags of food around my parish. My dad is currently the parish president.), but I find it funny that while the church forbids members to join secret societies, the KOC behave like one whenever they are engaged in ceremonial exercizes. :cool:
It's also a cool place to drink. I go there on occasion when I don't feel like drinking at the AMVETS.

The KOC is what the Church threw to those who wanted to join the Freemasons. It's pretty much the Freemasons, just differently cited. Before those orders went down there were quite a few Priests in the Freemasons, not that there aren't some now...

The KOC is what the Church threw to those who wanted to join the Freemasons. It's pretty much the Freemasons, just differently cited. Before those orders went down there were quite a few Priests in the Freemasons, not that there aren't some now...

Yeah, I've known Catholics to openly wear their Masonic rings. Basically, most Masons have dropped the anti-Catholicism, so the Church doesn't consider them to be an evil cult anymore.

The Church may have organized the KOC into a similar fashion, but the actual founders created it in a time when anti-Catholic laws prevented American Catholics from engaging in certain things like owning land and investing, buying insurance, etc. That's why it still functions in things like life insurance (that's what got me to join - an awesome whole life policy!!).

Yeah, I've known Catholics to openly wear their Masonic rings. Basically, most Masons have dropped the anti-Catholicism, so the Church doesn't consider them to be an evil cult anymore.

The Church may have organized the KOC into a similar fashion, but the actual founders created it in a time when anti-Catholic laws prevented American Catholics from engaging in certain things like owning land and investing, buying insurance, etc. That's why it still functions in things like life insurance (that's what got me to join - an awesome whole life policy!!).
You have an SGLI option don't you? Or does that not apply in the reserves? I know the SGLI is pretty fucking awesome.

Yup, the more policies the better! After I get out I believe I can keep paying into the deal.

BTW, I agree that the KOC is a fun group to drink with!! :clink:
That's what I'm doing. When you get out your SGLI is still with you for four months or so. I'm actually planning on increasing my payout if I die here soon enough.

That's what I'm doing. When you get out your SGLI is still with you for four months or so. I'm actually planning on increasing my payout if I die here soon enough.

I believe that as a retirement benefit (I'd like to aim for that), it stays with you indefinitely if you are willing to make premium payments.

The Freemasons and Boy Scouts are free to be discriminatory bigots, but they should not be allowed to take part in any government functions. They should be treated just like a the Ku Klux Klan. The Boy Scouts definitely should not be allowed to advertise in schools. That's disgusting.

The Freemasons and Boy Scouts are free to be discriminatory bigots, but they should not be allowed to take part in any government functions. They should be treated just like a the Ku Klux Klan. The Boy Scouts definitely should not be allowed to advertise in schools. That's disgusting.

I see you never were able to get that Friendship Badge; HUH!!

Mason's have never been anti-Catholic. Any Catholic is free to join the Masons. It is the Catholic Church which has been anti-Freemason.

Back