Freshman Starting for USC

cawacko

Matt Barkley was named first ever true freshman starter at QB for USC today. This kid is an unbelievable talent but damn, second game of his career on the road at night at The Horseshoe? That's a lot to ask. Fight On Matt!

Lets see how a hs QB does against a real team before he starts rolling over the hs teams of the pac 10.

Is he that good or were there that few choices for the starting position?

I would have to wonder if the pressures will get to him. Being a great athlete is one thing. Performing before 100k screaming fans with the hopes of the entire USC fandom on their shoulders is another thing completely.

I would have to wonder if the pressures will get to him. Being a great athlete is one thing. Performing before 100k screaming fans with the hopes of the entire USC fandom on their shoulders is another thing completely.

The kid is a prodigy but even then most of the fan base was shocked he was named the starter. The guy, Aaron Corp, who had been named the starter broke a bone in his leg on Aug. 10th and hasn't fully healed yet. His game included more running and rolling out so I guess the coaches felt he wouldn't be as effective until he heals.

Man I am nervous as hell starting a Freshman. He did start for four years of high school in the most competitive division in the state. He went to the same high school as Matt Leinart.

The kid is a prodigy but even then most of the fan base was shocked he was named the starter. The guy, Aaron Corp, who had been named the starter broke a bone in his leg on Aug. 10th and hasn't fully healed yet. His game included more running and rolling out so I guess the coaches felt he wouldn't be as effective until he heals.

Man I am nervous as hell starting a Freshman. He did start for four years of high school in the most competitive division in the state. He went to the same high school as Matt Leinart.

I am hoping that the high school experience helps too. Bama's starting QB this year went to Southlake Carrol High (known for serious aerial attack football). He was the backup for Chase Daniel for half his high school time.

But the Tide offense doesn't require huge passing numbers. Saban loves to grind the other team into the ground.

I am hoping that the high school experience helps too. Bama's starting QB this year went to Southlake Carrol High (known for serious aerial attack football). He was the backup for Chase Daniel for half his high school time.

But the Tide offense doesn't require huge passing numbers. Saban loves to grind the other team into the ground.

Your old running back, Glen Coffee, is tearing it up in pre-season for my 49ers. Granted its only pre-season but he looks like the real deal to back-up and play along side Frank Gore. He's becoming a hit in the Bay Area.

Your old running back, Glen Coffee, is tearing it up in pre-season for my 49ers. Granted its only pre-season but he looks like the real deal to back-up and play along side Frank Gore. He's becoming a hit in the Bay Area.

He was a tough back for us. I hope he does well. I hated to see him leave early.

Our best back seem to always head to the west coast. Shaun Alexander played for Seattle and I didn't get to see a lot of his games because of the time they played.

Coffee was/is a beast and LSU fans are super happy he's gone.
Can't wait for 9/5

Coffee was a beast. But you shouldn't look forward to seeing us when ya'll come to Tuscaloosa. Mark Ingram was a true freshman last year and ran for 728 yards and 12 TDs. And our newest freshman blue chipper is Trent Richardson. If you think Coffee was a beat, wait till you see Richardson.

Matt Barkley was named first ever true freshman starter at QB for USC today. This kid is an unbelievable talent but damn, second game of his career on the road at night at The Horseshoe? That's a lot to ask. Fight On Matt!
Yup. The shoe is on the other foot this time. Let's see how them Trojans like that? Personally, I think Penn State will be the toughest game on the Bucks schedule this season.

It's a team game. Ohio State didn't lose last year cause we started a Freshman QB. We lost because USC was a better team. OSU will win this year cause they are the better team.

You still plan on going to the game Cawacko? I'm gonna try and scalp a ticket but am not holding out much hope. I'm not going to pay more than $100 for a ticket but since it's only a 12 mile drive from where I live, it's worth a try! :)

Worst case scenario is I can watch the game at the Varstiy Club.

You still plan on going to the game Cawacko? I'm gonna try and scalp a ticket but am not holding out much hope. I'm not going to pay more than $100 for a ticket but since it's only a 12 mile drive from where I live, it's worth a try! :)

Worst case scenario is I can watch the game at the Varstiy Club.

Yeah, I'm coming. I got my Uncle's two tickets and my Grandma's two tickets. I should have good seats but I don't like the idea of sitting with a bunch of OSU season ticket holders. It means out of respect and for safety I bascially have to sit there and be quiet all game. We're staying at some hotel downtown.

Yeah, I'm coming. I got my Uncle's two tickets and my Grandma's two tickets. I should have good seats but I don't like the idea of sitting with a bunch of OSU season ticket holders. It means out of respect and for safety I bascially have to sit there and be quiet all game. We're staying at some hotel downtown.
You going to sell any of those tickets? I'll bring my thugs with me to protect you. Where I come from, we know sportsmanship!! LOL

Last edited:
Drop me a private message. My wife works for a local hotel and I might (can't gaurentee it, lots of out of towners coming in for the game) be able to get you a discount on a room.

It's a team game. Ohio State didn't lose last year cause we started a Freshman QB. We lost because USC was a better team. OSU will win this year cause they are the better team.

Actually you guys started the Senior last year. Pryor really only came in once you guys were behind.

Drop me a private message. My wife works for a local hotel and I might (can't gaurentee it, lots of out of towners coming in for the game) be able to get you a discount on a room.

Thanks. My boy is from Ohio and got the hotel room a long time ago for a pretty good rate so I'm think we're taken care of but appreciate the offer.

Anyone see Beano Cook's pick for the team he predicts to win the NCAA National Championship?

He thinks Notre Dame is going to win it all.

Anyone else think that? Maybe someone who wants to bet some $$$??

I was sitting across the street from the stadium last year watching that game, you are exactly right, USC was tuff

Back