From trash to... well... trash w/ money

Because they will never be able to afford a place on the OCEAN again. They only got a million dollars, after capital gains taxes it wont be that much. You cant live on the OCEAN for anywhere close to a million dollars around here. It was just choosing a live style they enjoyed over the money.

Yes, this is not exactly like a trailer park in the backwaters of Arkansas.

A nice, oceanfront trailer home here could easily be 200k.

Yes, this is not exactly like a trailer park in the backwaters of Arkansas.

A nice, oceanfront trailer home here could easily be 200k.

well then there is the rich trailier trash... they must be republician

lol

boca is less than 1/2 hr from WPB.

LOL. Seriously. These people are going to be fine financially and if they realy want to stay on the beach, they can still do so. If they were smart, they'd get a nice Single Family a little more inland and try to avoid the worst of the storms. Eventually their park would have been blown to bits.

LOL. Seriously. These people are going to be fine financially and if they realy want to stay on the beach, they can still do so. If they were smart, they'd get a nice Single Family a little more inland and try to avoid the worst of the storms. Eventually their park would have been blown to bits.

I agree, but I can sure see an argument for turning down the money and going on living in that trailer.

The place has been there over 50 years and has not been blown down yet!

I agree, but I can sure see an argument for turning down the money and going on living in that trailer.

The place has been there over 50 years and has not been blown down yet!

I can't see it. Its a no brainer. a 800%+ return and the chance to have no mortgage whatsover, stay on the beach or upgrade your living arrangements? Sentiments be d@mned.

I can't see it. Its a no brainer. a 800%+ return and the chance to have no mortgage whatsover, stay on the beach or upgrade your living arrangements? Sentiments be d@mned.
I have to agree with Jarod on this one. Sentiments mean a lot where one's home is concerned. I can easily see being part of the 17%.

My favorate....

There once were some people from Briny

Whose lives were thought to be tiny

But along came the cash

To give them some dash

Now their futures all look to be shiny!

I can see somebody who had lived in his/her home for thirty years, and was totally happy with their location and loved their oceanfront view, never wanting to leave it.

Another good one...

People in town are jealous

and maybe a little sore

'cause folks at Briny Breeze be sayin'

'Ain't trailer trash no more.'

I can see somebody who had lived in his/her home for thirty years, and was totally happy with their location and loved their oceanfront view, never wanting to leave it.

At $1M that is a pretty bad decision considering that htey are trailor homes on a beach that is subject to hurricanes. This is probably a blessing.

At $1M that is a pretty bad decision considering that htey are trailor homes on a beach that is subject to hurricanes. This is probably a blessing.
In the practical sense, you're almost certainly right. In fact, no one probably ought to be living on the beach in south Florida. Certainly not in trailor homes: it's too damned dangerous.

At least those who have to lose their homes against their wishes will get some money out of it. Could be worse.

Ironically, it may be more of a loss for Florida as a whole than for the residents of Briny Breezes -- or whatever the silly name is -- themselves. If I understand it rightly, that part of Florida is getting even more over-developed than the beaches in Hawaii are. High rise hotels and condos cheek by jowl for as far as the eye can see.

Back