Fuck the South

I'm for the guy on the left....something tells me that anyone who can make three star general with one arm missing had to be at the top of his form in those days......

The South will rise again.

...and then we'll burn it down again.
Why? What would be the point? Why not just let them go and fall apart into warring little petty kingdoms based on their "States Rights' ideology until Mexico absorbs them into their country as a source of cheap labor. We can then unify with Canada (CK would have to be killed first though) and form a new nation called "The United States of Intelligent People".

Notice anything different about Sherman from the other generals in this photo?

Sherman is really the only one who probably wouldn't look out of place in the modern world. Well, the guy to the right of him would probably often be mistaken for a sex offender, but he's not so crazy, I guess. The rest of them have incredibly fancy facial hair, and put their hands in their shirt.

Sherman is really the only one who probably wouldn't look out of place in the modern world. Well, the guy to the right of him would probably often be mistaken for a sex offender, but he's not so crazy, I guess. The rest of them have incredibly fancy facial hair, and put their hands in their shirt.
Nope. He's wearing shoes. All the other generals are wearing boots.

Look above you at Brents avatar. Burnside was arguably the worst. He was responsible for the disaster at Fredericksburg and he was responsible for the mining debacle, "Battle of the Crater" outside of Petersburg (he was quietly put out to pasture after that one).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambrose_Burnside

Burnside could have won the Peninsula Campaign, and as a result, the bloody war. So could Meade, and the rest of the gang. McClellan is arguably the only man capable of losing (or, rather, not completing the Peninsula Campaign), giving credence to the believe that the long Civil War was the product of God's Wrath.

Generals such as Meade and Burnside were willing to throw men into the grinder in ultimately losing situations and strategies. This is what makes them bad generals, but it is also what shows that they could have come away with wins in numerous McClellan situations, such as the Peninsula Campaign and at Antietam.

The general I admire the most from the Civil War is actually Joshua Chamberlain, even though he probably lacked the command ability of a Sherman or a Grant (he only rose to Major General). As such, I am relinquishing Grant, and wish for a MOD to change me to "General Chamberlain." Someone else can have Grant.

The general I admire the most from the Civil War is actually Joshua Chamberlain, even though he probably lacked the command ability of a Sherman or a Grant (he only rose to Major General). As such, I am relinquishing Grant, and wish for a MOD to change me to "General Chamberlain." Someone else can have Grant.
It'll have to be Grind. I'm not changing mine, Sheridan was a bad ass.

Moot, the reddest necks I've every met lived in Upstate NY. Folks down here pale in comparison.
When I was living in Arkansas our red neck plant manager asked me in frustration if we had any rednecks in Ohio. I told him there were more red necks in Ohio then there are people in Arkansas.

When I was living in Arkansas our red neck plant manager asked me in frustration if we had any rednecks in Ohio. I told him there were more red necks in Ohio then there are people in Arkansas.
Chenango County, NY has more house trailers than outhouses. And three or four old farm houses that have inside terlets.

It's only a matter of time before they are declared an endangered species.

never...with no other ethnic group that one can make fun of and feel good, the redneck will never die

besides, cup holders are always in fashion

redneck-woman.jpg

Back