Gaming and gambling

• Thread starter Thread starter TRGLDTE
  • Start date Start date
Asshat's right, I am talking to an alcoholic.

How can the house not win if they take a rake? They win every time you play a game, Grind. Bigtime.

Asshat's right, I am talking to an alcoholic.

How can the house not win if they take a rake? They win every time you play a game, Grind. Bigtime.

They aren't winning anymore than mcdonalds is winning when you buy a cheesebuger. Again, you are not playing poker against the house. The rake that is taken is miniscule.

Of course you aren't playing against the house, Grind.

What's honestly the difference between you playing against a payed employee of the house and the game being rigged 2% against you and you playing against some random person on the internet and the game being rigged 2% against both of you?

Of course you aren't playing against the house, Grind.

What's honestly the difference between you playing against a payed employee of the house and the game being rigged 2% against you and you playing against some random person on the internet and the game being rigged 2% against both of you?

Because you can't RIG poker, idiot. There is no 2% disadvantage against you.

Do you know what a pot is?

Dude seriously just stop . . .

The pot in poker refers to the sum of money that players wager during a single hand or game, according to the betting rules of the variant being played. It is likely that the word "pot" is related to or derived from the word "jackpot".

At the conclusion of a hand, either by all but one player folding, or by showdown, the pot is won or shared by the player(s) holding the winning cards. Sometimes a pot can be split between many players. This is particularly true in high-low games where not only the highest hand can win, but under appropriate conditions, the lowest hand will win a share of the pot.

See "all in" for more information about side pots.

Ok so lets say I have 200 dollars behind. I invest 50 dollars heads up vs. another player. I win. The total pot size is 100 dollars. House takes 5% so I earn 95 dollars - 50 that I invested.

My stack is now 245. Have I gained or lost money?

Please explain how a house rake of a pot that you've earned money on produces a negative roi.

Back